Forster not in U21 team tonight

Saint Charlie

Well if he was injured I don't think Gazza would also be playing tonight. He must be fit and will either be on Bench Wednesday or starting.

Gazza has played other games in the 21s though, not like he would suddenly be the starting keeper.

Wouldn't have thought it would take much out of him playing tonight, but maybe they don't think he needs it.

If he does play Weds it will be such a big lift.

if he is fit enough. got to start at some point

he is our 1st choice. Way better than Stek and would be a huge lift. I expect him to be a bit jittery in his fist game or so. But that is always going to happen

going forward, he has to be in our side

Koeman did seem pretty clear the other day that one U21 game wasnt enough and that he would play tonight.

Its also on the preview on the OS that he was likely starting in goal.

Forster himself said a few times after the last game that they have taken it safe and properly the whole way through the rehab so he wouldn't rush the end bit.

Perhaps they are getting a bit desperate!

Koeman did seem pretty clear the other day that one U21 game wasnt enough and that he would play tonight.

Its also on the preview on the OS that he was likely starting in goal.

Forster himself said a few times after the last game that they have taken it safe and properly the whole way through the rehab so he wouldn't rush the end bit.

Perhaps they are getting a bit desperate!

lets be honest, Stek is nothing more than alright. His part in the 2nd goal on sat was pretty poor. Like away to chelsea. Same area of the goal where he seems pretty weak in covering.

however, when Forster comes back, I fully expect him to have the jitters in his first game and people coming on here slating him for no other reason than Stek has had some stick. But going forward, FF is just miles better and our No.1

lets be honest, Stek is nothing more than alright. His part in the 2nd goal on sat was pretty poor. Like away to chelsea. Same area of the goal where he seems pretty weak in covering.

however, when Forster comes back, I fully expect him to have the jitters in his first game and people coming on here slating him for no other reason than Stek has had some stick. But going forward, FF is just miles better and our No.1

Of course, will be great when he is back.

But 1 U21 game after 9 months out isn't enough and makes me think maybe he is ill or has a minor injury because he was meant to play tonight and Saints do recovery properly, not on a whim.

From this game and the last:

Seager and Hesketh both good technical players, especially Hesketh, but don't get on the ball enough in dangerous areas. Seager very much a pocher with clever movement but not sure to what extent he would be successful in PL football against physically superior defenders.

The majority of PL strikers are either very strong, or very quick - and Seager is neither, albeit an excellent finisher.

Other such as Mugabi, Gape, Debayo are solid but not spectacular and Sims, whilst quick, needs to work on his touch.

Gallagher not a wide man and on the fringes of the game.

Reed the standout player in a solid team with few standout individuals.

Very poor goalkeeping there.

Everytime you start to think Gazza is decent, he tries to prove you wrong.

Shame because some of his work (kicking for example) is excellent, but he is still soft.

Never has a player been such a need of a season on loan playing regular adult level pro football.

From this game and the last:

Seager and Hesketh both good technical players, especially Hesketh, but don't get on the ball enough in dangerous areas. Seager very much a pocher with clever movement but not sure to what extent he would be successful in PL football against physically superior defenders.

The majority of PL strikers are either very strong, or very quick - and Seager is neither, albeit an excellent finisher.

Other such as Mugabi, Gape, Debayo are solid but not spectacular and Sims, whilst quick, needs to work on his touch.

Gallagher not a wide man and on the fringes of the game.

Reed the standout player in a solid team with few standout individuals.

Good summary Charlie especially Hesketh who doesn't get on the ball enough in danger areas he has talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everytime you start to think Gazza is decent, he tries to prove you wrong.

Don't think it was Gazza's fault at all. Bad defensive positioning right in front of him and it looked like it took a deflection of our defender, so it could go down as an own goal, but only seen one replay.

WE should have scored 4 or 5 (at least) but end up losing to the team who are bottom of the league. We really are becoming a soft touch at every level.

Unfortunately on that display RK is right in his assessment of our academy products.

Reed was the only player worthy of a step up which is why he's on the first team bench but doesn't get game time because he's not as good as Clasie.

He was last night.

Don't think it was Gazza's fault at all. Bad defensive positioning right in front of him and it looked like it took a deflection of our defender, so it could go down as an own goal, but only seen one replay.

WE should have scored 4 or 5 (at least) but end up losing to the team who are bottom of the league. We really are becoming a soft touch at every level.

I watched it a few times last night and although there was a touch by a defender Gazza should have done much better with it. He just kind of flapped at it in a way you would expect a Sunday morning park player to deal with a ball in like that.

I thought Reed had a good game, as if to prove to the watching Koeman that he could do a good job: endless running, some great anticipation and tackling, and always there to pick up the loose ball. Nice finish for the goal too.

Whover said Gallagher had had a growth spurt seems to be right! He looked taller than I remember and just a little bit awkward and unco-ordinated. Winger doesn't suit him, although he beat the defender a number of times. I presume it's part of his development to play in different positions.

From the replay thought the second goal wasn't a free kick as the defender got a foot to the ball and hoiked it away. Although difficult Gazza did seem to flap a bit: a bit Sunday (afternoon), and should have made himself bigger at least. Sims and Hesketh have ability but still look like kids, Seager is a poacher and finisher but he does show decent speed, and probably more importantly he anticipates and takes risks about where the ball may end up.

I thought Reed had a good game, as if to prove to the watching Koeman that he could do a good job: endless running, some great anticipation and tackling, and always there to pick up the loose ball. Nice finish for the goal too.

Whover said Gallagher had had a growth spurt seems to be right! He looked taller than I remember and just a little bit awkward and unco-ordinated. Winger doesn't suit him, although he beat the defender a number of times. I presume it's part of his development to play in different positions.

From the replay thought the second goal wasn't a free kick as the defender got a foot to the ball and hoiked it away. Although difficult Gazza did seem to flap a bit: a bit Sunday (afternoon), and should have made himself bigger at least. Sims and Hesketh have ability but still look like kids, Seager is a poacher and finisher but he does show decent speed, and probably more importantly he anticipates and takes risks about where the ball may end up.

Interesting you say that. I think Seager isn't especially fast nor can he really hold it up well. Apart from that I agree with you and do have to say the standard is far short of what would be required in a PL game hence I tend to agree with Koeman.

When I say decent speed I mean he's not a pace man but doesn't look like he's running through treacle like JWP. :-) i'd agree about not really being a hold up player, but I think that may develop as he gains strength. He has reasonably quick feet too, which may help.

True. He does seem to possess a degree of 'football intelligence' too.