Confirmed: Caulker loan cancelled; Moves on loan to Liverpool

Maggie May

Tbh I think the criticism of Caulker a bit OTT considering what Tadic gets away with (his effort to block Puncheon's shot prior to Palace's 2nd was heroic).

Yes, because an average CB on loan who barely plays is comparable to an attacking midfielder who actually does play :facepalm:

Tbh I think the criticism of Caulker a bit OTT considering what Tadic gets away with (his effort to block Puncheon's shot prior to Palace's 2nd was heroic).

Tadic is an attacking player not blessed with defensive abilities. Caulker appears to be a defender not blessed with defensive abilities. It's a small, but rather important, difference.....

I'm only surprised you didn't manage to weave in a Sam Gallagher reference as well.

1 start in the Prem.+ 5 apps. in miscellaneous Cup games ....and 6 "shorter" sub.apps.

.....glad it was only a loan....but I still wonder how much loan fee and salary was wasted on that deal? :scared:

Not sure why you are getting obsessed recently with "wasting" salary and loan fees. Nothing was wasted, it was a loan to provide cover for our centre backs because at the time we only had Fonte and Yoshida and because Gardos was out for a long time. He was never meant to be first choice. He came in on occasions as planned, and actually did very well at Man City when Fonte had to go off. He had a disaster against Liverpool, and really was awful, but its not a waste of salary or fee, its just normal operations to ensure that we have a suitable squad to meet our commitments. If things had gone well he would never have played a game. I agree that getting rid is now good news though, he clearly is never going to be good enough and we have gardos coming back soon and even Stephens who is no worse (despite his awful performance in the u21s last night).

I thought Caulker would have been decent when he came in. usual line of 'decent for a 3rd or 4th choice CB'

he is terrible. Fecking terrible

I think he was bit of a desperation signing. Wasn't he signed just after the whole Toby thing went tits up? Think the club just panicked a bit once when we suddenly looked light on CBs once we got in VVD caulker was never going to play.

He's left.....

So, as expected his loan has been terminated (was saying this was happening a fortnight ago), now we have a free loan spot for the rest of the season. On the down side we have one less homegrown player which might impact the number of players we can nominate in our PL squad for the second part of the season.

Perhaps Klopp sees some potential and is confident he can coach some improvements into Caulker.

If you're reading this that's 'coach' by the way Ronald. C.O.A.C.H. It means helping your players develop. You might want to try it sometime.