Charlie Austin

Saint-Armstrong

Can't believe we aren't reinvesting all the money we have got from our players into the team, only spending £4m is shocking!! Reed Out, Krueger Out, Kat Out etc. :x

all joking aside, absolutely brilliant piece of business, let's hope he can be the man to help us take our chances in games we are on top now and push up the table. Very excited by this, well done to all at the club.

Also, lol @ crook. Once again, clueless.

Best thing about the signing.

That guy is priceless.

Its being reported by the Telegraph Chief Sports writer Sam Wallace now, so looks a done deal.

Wonder if there is scope for any forwards to leave?

Also wonder when Austin is fit? He genuinely has been injured apparently.

Anyone else worried we'll get Gazumped?

Wonder if it is tied up with the Caulker loan to Liverpool, where we agree to cancel so that QPR could charge and make a lot more from LFC than us (as well as LFC paying us to cancel). If so, then I am not sure much gazumping would/could go on. Caulker really puzzles me, so can only think that that is involved somewhere along the line.

Best thing about the signing.

That guy is priceless.

Its being reported by the Telegraph Chief Sports writer Sam Wallace now, so looks a done deal.

Wonder if there is scope for any forwards to leave?

Also wonder when Austin is fit? He genuinely has been injured apparently.

He returned to full training on Wednesday

Wonder if it is tied up with the Caulker loan to Liverpool, where we agree to cancel so that QPR could charge and make a lot more from LFC than us (as well as LFC paying us to cancel). If so, then I am not sure much gazumping would/could go on. Caulker really puzzles me, so can only think that that is involved somewhere along the line.

Liverpool fans would do their nut if them taking Caulker enabled us to get Austin haha!

Not been able to see his tweets for months as he blocked me for calling him out when he was WRONG yet again. The guy is a clueless chump masquerading as a journalist.

Wow looks like I was wrong about Charlie Austin to #saintsfc. Big u-turn from Koeman who didn't fancy him a few weeks ago.

A great piece of business at £4m but it might have crept into some people's minds as to why nobody else has taken a punt on him.

I'm told he has issues over and above his injury problems, which might account for some of his absences.

He is a goalscorer. His allround game isn't amazing which may put others off.

Different teams have different ways of playing etc.

We create a lot but aren't good in front of goal so it should be a decent fit providing other forwards have pace to run in behind, like Mane.