Man U build up thread

vince

I'd play 5-3-2 again with Romeu and Clasie. Long to run his socks off for an hour and then bring Austin on. We go back to 4-2-3-1 we will be slow again and get beat

What about super sub Tadic? I'm not expecting Austin to be walking straight into the team I expect he will be introduced slowly depending on fitness (he is just coming back from an injury).

Subs: Steklenberg, Martina, Romeu, JWP, Tadic, Pelle, Austin
That may be the strongest bench the Saints have ever offered.

Caulker on!
I like how Liverpool/Klopp subbed on-loan CB Caulker as a "situational striker" in their last two matches, while we sign striker Charlie Austin for 4‎£ mil for 4 1/2 years.

Good job, Scousers!

I'd play 5-3-2 again with Romeu and Clasie. Long to run his socks off for an hour and then bring Austin on. We go back to 4-2-3-1 we will be slow again and get beat

Wanyama should get the nod for this game to deal with that dirty lanky c*nt Fellaini.

Toss a coin for who will be along side him.

What, thrown in at the deep end and beaten to a froth?

According to BBC food you're supposed to:

"Gently fold the whites into the sauce in one or two additions, using a large metal spoon or spatula. Work in a figure of 8 motion to combine until no large streaks of white remain."

I think that's ok but we need to be careful the opposition don't score during the procedure because it could leave us open at the back. Also I'm not sure large metal spoons are generally allowed in the Prem League but MLG can let us know the rules for sure.

"Gently fold the whites into the sauce in one or two additions, using a large metal spoon or spatula. Work in a figure of 8 motion to combine until no large streaks of white remain."

I think that's ok but we need to be careful the opposition don't score during the procedure because it could leave us open at the back. Also I'm not sure large metal spoons are generally allowed in the Prem League but MLG can let us know the rules for sure.

:lol:

Similar to last season really, we should never have lost to them at St Marys, but can see us getting something at Old Trafford. Amazing what difference a week can make and i can sense a better atmosphere within the camp watching the team on Saturday, there is certainly more confidence visible throughout the team.

the fact a win could potentially move us up to 7th in the table (which could be a European spot again this season) shows that there is still a lot to play for and the hysterical panicing on this forum a week ago was completely unnecessary. I don't think we have been playing badly even during our bad run we were only losing by the odd goal with poor finishing costing us.

My prediction - 1-1 with Austin to get the equaliser for us.

Similar to last season really, we should never have lost to them at St Marys, but can see us getting something at Old Trafford. Amazing what difference a week can make and i can sense a better atmosphere within the camp watching the team on Saturday, there is certainly more confidence visible throughout the team.

the fact a win could potentially move us up to 7th in the table (which could be a European spot again this season) shows that there is still a lot to play for and the hysterical panicing on this forum a week ago was completely unnecessary. I don't think we have been playing badly even during our bad run we were only losing by the odd goal with poor finishing costing us.

I wasn't panicking, just very p!ssed off that, despite playing some good football we were coming away from games with no points. It went from p!issed off to 'hold on a minute guys, if you don't start getting something from these games we could be getting into a situation we shouldn't even be worried about'

I am now onto: great, keep it up! Don't relax!

Frankly I want us to utterly stuff Utd. I went VVD and Fonte to make Rooney spit his dummy out. I want Romeu or Wanyama to constantly set that fuzzy headed ***t Fellaini on his backside every time he so much as looks at the ball. I definitely want Ward-Prowse to put another free kick into the top corner. I want Long and Mane up front causing chaos with Austin on in the second half to give the defence a fresh pair of legs with a point to prove to worry about.

There's been mention of 7th this season- well then, let's prove it by going and taking on teams like Utd and giving them a proper headache.

First time to Old trafford for me and my brother. Any recommendations on where to park / away pubs near the ground?

Went last year and it was great. Can't go this year, sadly. We parked in Altrincham, and then got the tram from Altrincham to Stretford. 10 min walk to ground and easy to get back. Found a friendly pub in Altrincham high street that served all day breakfasts. Result

Eggxactly!

I trust Koeman to pick the right formation for this; United are pretty dire at the moment and they're going to be under a lot of pressure to play more attacking football from the fans and the media, so I think he'll stick with the Watford/WBA formation.

I'm slightly worried about Schneiderlin playing though - if there's a game he'll be suited for, it's against the team he knows best in the league, and it would be a real chance for him to show what he can do against Mane/Davis/Tadic. Hopefully Van Gaal will continue with his master tactic of dropping him for Fellaini.

I trust Koeman to pick the right formation for this; United are pretty dire at the moment and they're going to be under a lot of pressure to play more attacking football from the fans and the media, so I think he'll stick with the Watford/WBA formation.

I'm slightly worried about Schneiderlin playing though - if there's a game he'll be suited for, it's against the team he knows best in the league, and it would be a real chance for him to show what he can do against Mane/Davis/Tadic. Hopefully Van Gaal will continue with his master tactic of dropping him for Fellaini.

Sounds like there is a chance that Mourinho might be in charge rather than van Gaal. Would be fun if we could get one over the "special needs one" in his first game.

Sounds like there is a chance that Mourinho might be in charge rather than van Gaal. Would be fun if we could get one over the "special needs one" in his first game.

I think a change of manager would make it more difficult for us.

Forster

Cedric

VvD

Fonte

Bertrand

Targett

Wanyama

Clasie

Davis

Mane

Long

Subs: Steklenberg, Martina, Romeu, JWP, Tadic, Pelle, Austin

Man Utd 2 Saints 2 (Mane, Austin) :)

If Mane scores - (he's overdue a goal)....especially if it's a winning goal.......it will concrete his transfer deal in the summer......

Austin had a weeks full training at QPR before signing and trained with the squad yesterday so he is nearer fitness than generally thought. I am presuming he will start on the bench for us on Saturday with half an hour planned. I'd like to see the same line up at OT playing three from Clasie, Romeu, Wanyama and Davis with Long and Mane up front.

Austin had a weeks full training at QPR before signing and trained with the squad yesterday so he is nearer fitness than generally thought. I am presuming he will start on the bench for us on Saturday with half an hour planned. I'd like to see the same line up at OT playing three from Clasie, Romeu, Wanyama and Davis with Long and Mane up front.

That would do me too. Wanyama to do the job on Fellaini, Clasie just ahead of Romeu to start.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not seen that anywhere, sounds like crap to me. LvG is there for the season I think, if not it will be Giggs supervised by SAF

apparently.

I'd go with 3-5-2 again, Clasie back in for Ward-Prowse...

Forster

van Dijk   Fonte   Bertrand

Cedric                               Targett

Wanyama   Clasie

Davis

Long     Mane

Subs:

Stekelenburg
Yoshida
Romeu
Ward-Prowse
Tadic
Pelle
Austin

If the subs looks like that on Saturday I think you could make a good case for it being the best ever Southampton subs bench in the history of the club.

I'd go with 3-5-2 again, Clasie back in for Ward-Prowse...

Forster

van Dijk   Fonte   Bertrand

Cedric                               Targett

Wanyama   Clasie

Davis

Long     Mane

Subs:

Stekelenburg
Yoshida
Romeu
Ward-Prowse
Tadic
Pelle
Austin

If the subs looks like that on Saturday I think you could make a good case for it being the best ever Southampton subs bench in the history of the club.

dont think they issue out awards for that

Scoring goals again does make a difference

My Manc supporting neighbour(he does watch them when he can afford it) reckons Saints will do them over on Saturday and LVG will be out on Sunday morning.He says Manure are absolutely rubbish at present and lack any motivation.Petulant Rooney is sailing very close to the wind and is unable to keep his trap shut. An assertive Ref won't take any more of his whinging.My neighbour reckons most of their supporters want LVG out.