Ricky Lamberts chants

9-3

In a time when it's hard to relate or like footballers isn't it great to add another legend to the clubs history. Shame he couldn't have a MLT dell like ending, but there's plenty of moments that will live with me forever. I think I saw over 100 of the goals live!

Someone point me to a video of the MK Dons hattrick as that has just come to mind for some reason...

Edited by Chez

He's not coming back as a player but I think today proved no matter what SRL will always be one of us and get a great welcome when he comes to SMS a true saint Legend IMO

Quite sad to see his career going out on a whimper like it is he probably should have dropped down a league or two and helped a club get a promotion to finish on a high but I guess this close to the end PL wages, even as a bench warmer, are to tempting for a player who didn't spend his whole career making mega money..

Was hoping he'd come over to the Northam after the whistle to say his farewells and thank us for the support. I'd say it's highly likely he'll never play at St Mary's again. Shame to see his career descend so quickly since leaving us, will always be a Saints legend.

i used to think our supporters were quite good at witty chants and had a decent sense of humour.

The fact that one of our most sung chants this season is... 'your ****in ****' is disappointing but continues the downward trend as the part time Spurs lite supporters join the ranks.

Shame he didn't stay and end his career with us instead of being enticed to his spiritual home and spend most of his time bench warming.

Yeh he was starting to bench warm for us but he could of ended his days with us and perhaps still have been with us in some capacity.

Great player and a big part of our fight back from almost oblivion.

i used to think our supporters were quite good at witty chants and had a decent sense of humour.

The fact that one of our most sung chants this season is... 'your ****in ****' is disappointing but continues the downward trend as the part time Spurs lite supporters join the ranks.

Every set of away supporters at SMS have sung that this season it's not a saints fan only thing it's a PL fan thing we are no better or worse than anyone else when it comes to singing that. We do lack some songs though we never seemed to replace the ones we had coming up through the leagues when the all the players left. A lot of the chants are just the players name over and over not massively inspiring.

Yeh he was starting to bench warm for us but he could of ended his days with us and perhaps still have been with us in some capacity.

His house down here is only being rented out. Read into that what you will. Not saying he will ever play for us again, but maybe there is a place for him at the club when h hangs his boots up? Or maybe he wants to retire down here? Or maybe he gets a tidy income from property? So many questions...

The crowd were desperate for him to come on. Although he's played against us away I think we all realised this was probably the last chance to see him on the pitch at SMS and give him the farewell he deserves.

This. I was dissapointed he didn't come out at the end, from where I was sat it looked like he wanted to but was sent down the tunnel by the WBA coaching staff.

I had a weird dream last night that he was on the field for WBA. Davies put in an aerial pass and shouted 'That's Yours Rickie ' and he went ahead and scores a bicycle kick own goal,the best since Pele in Escape To Victory . It might have been down to the cheese I ate last night and probably what JWP said about Rickie on his interview.

I miss him here even if he had stayed as a figurehead and came off of the bench occasionally until he hung up his boots.

His future should by Dead Ball coach for us.

The man is a true Saints great. Seeing him yesterday made me realise that. Wanting him to come on, although only for the last five minutes with no scoring allowed. Just for the emotion of the moment.

I think that SRL's left strong feelings from supporters at every club he's played for.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

The crowd were desperate for him to come on. Although he's played against us away I think we all realised this was probably the last chance to see him on the pitch at SMS and give him the farewell he deserves.

He'll doubtless be invited to Fonte's testemonial when he retires. We'll get our chance :)

"never go back " is an often quoted phrase that footballers would do well to heed. The thought of recapturing some former glory in a former club rarely happens.

However, it will be interesting to see where Rickie Lambert chooses to live? - after he retires. I think (like MLT).... he'd be "well received" if he chose to live in Hampshire.

Fonte won't get a testimonial, he'd have to stay till 2019. Davis should have one this summer though...expect a few ex-wimbledon players for that one too.

Not impossible in the slightest. Quite likely even.

He's contracted to us for the next two seasons until the summer of 2018, and a single-year contract extension to work in a back-up player/coaching role will see him over the ten season line.

This. I was dissapointed he didn't come out at the end, from where I was sat it looked like he wanted to but was sent down the tunnel by the WBA coaching staff.

Maybe he wanted to but TBF after your team has been stuffed 3-0, he would not have been too popular with his teammates/manager had he come out to rapturous applause as they were all sulking in the dressing room !!

Obviously no heart in football anymore as Pulis could have given him 5 mins at the end to get a raptuous reception from the Saints fans. He could then have said goodbye.

The reason the chants started was that Pulis had made 3 substitutions, quite early on too, so no chance of a 5 min cameo for SRL. Pity he isn't playing compared to those ahead of him.

Sir Rickie will always be a Saints legend!

But sad to see how his career has gone down the pan the past 18 months. His confidence must be shot to pieces, I genuinely thought moving to West Brom would be the best thing for him, but to not even get a look-in there really is sad. Talk about rise and fall.

I had posted a month or so about us hopefully exploring the opportunity of getting him in on a short-term deal, but to be fair to the club they have brought Charlie Austin in the meantime. Can't really see any need now of course.

How the **** Rondon gets in before him, I'll never know! Guess WBA aren't setup to attack, they're set up to defend and then counter if it comes to it. SRL's not quick enough for that. A real shame too. He's still got something to offer a Championship team IMO.

we should bring him back on WWE style legends contract! lol ,just wheel him out when we are comfortably winning games....who knows he might stick one in the back of the net! he belongs here shame to see him go from England player to not playing, lets get him back for ****s and giggles :) while weare at it lets sign MLT upto legends contract as well.....and benali.....oh this could go on lol. "light hearted post" don't lose your shirsts over it!

"never go back " is an often quoted phrase that footballers would do well to heed. The thought of recapturing some former glory in a former club rarely happens.

However, it will be interesting to see where Rickie Lambert chooses to live? - after he retires. I think (like MLT).... he'd be "well received" if he chose to live in Hampshire.

He'll be with his family in Liverpool.

He'll be with his family in Liverpool.

I doubt he'll have too many fond memories of Liverpool. When Lambert looks back it will be Southampton and Bristol that he thinks most fondly back, and mostly the former. I honestly expect to see him back at the club in some kind of capacity, even if it is just watching games as a fan.

I doubt he'll have too many fond memories of Liverpool. When Lambert looks back it will be Southampton and Bristol that he thinks most fondly back, and mostly the former. I honestly expect to see him back at the club in some kind of capacity, even if it is just watching games as a fan.

You seem to be confusing Liverpool Football Club and Liverpool, the city.

From everything he said at the time of leaving us, it's safe to assume he wants to live in that area come retirement.

You seem to be confusing Liverpool Football Club and Liverpool, the city.

From everything he said at the time of leaving us, it's safe to assume he wants to live in that area come retirement.

His wife certainly wanted to move back to Liverpool and we all know happy wife equals happy life..