Bompey or Pompey for the Cup?

eelpie

Saints relayed because of our intense rivalries

Bompey or Pompey to win on Saturday? Who would you prefer?

I hope Bournemouth thrash the Skates, and I certainly don't want the Skates to further increase their better cup history compared to us. And it would be fun to see Bournemouth to go all the way and see off the big teams, now that we are not involved. That's my view.

Put it this way, I want Bournemouth to stay up, do well in the PL and would happily watch them with a probable bias towards wanting them to win (unless it was against us).

I want Portsmouth to be carpet bombed with Trident.

Hmmm. Still don't quite get who you want to win AFCB vs PFC?

:)

Put it this way, I want Bournemouth to stay up, do well in the PL and would happily watch them with a probable bias towards wanting them to win (unless it was against us).

:lol: I think you've spoken for a lot of people there

Really poor of the BBC in which games they chose. OK, Friday night's Derby vs MUFC is understandable, but Saturday, why choose Liverpool vs WHU? It's the FA Cup not the PL, and there are no commercial pressures on them to get advertising etc.

Bbc have consistently got this wrong they don't understand the audience . Who cares about another premier league game . They ignored Eastleigh as well

I'm probably the first to say this, but Put it this way. I want Bournemouth to stay up, do well in the PL and would happily watch them with a probable bias towards wanting them to win (unless it was against us).

Really poor of the BBC in which games they chose. OK, Friday night's Derby vs MUFC is understandable, but Saturday, why choose Liverpool vs WHU? It's the FA Cup not the PL, and there are no commercial pressures on them to get advertising etc.

The Skate supporting client I visited Monday (following our defeat of the Mighty Plastics and the 9 points, no goals conceded run) raised the same point. The Beeb make much of the romance of the FA Cup and began well enough by featuring lower division teams with the slogan "It's the FA Cup ; anything can happen." Anything can happen when Salford are featured because their owners were the cream of the Mighty Plastic team in their pomp, but that fascination in the possibility of a team from the depths of the footballing pyramid knocking out a top Premier League club seems to have disappeared.

We have a draw between the last lowly team in the fourth division remaining in the competition, and one from the top flight. There is added interest caused by the fact that the lowly team, the Skates, won the thing as recently as 2008, when simultaneously Bournemouth were relegated at the end of that season to the fourth division, so that the teams have effectively swapped places.

One wonders whether the match would have been televised had it been Salford playing Bournemouth. Actually, I'm pretty sure that it would have been. It's just that Bournemouth are unfashionable and not considered to be the draw that plastic glory clubs are, whereas the Skates for all of the recent cup glory, are largely an irrelevance nowadays.

Regarding the OP, naturally I hope that Bournemouth stuff the skates. 4-1 has a nice ring to it.

There's not actually anyone supporting pompey in this right? You'd really have to have tried hard to develop a dislike of bournemouth that severe already.

Doubt any saints fans would even have to think about it. Could be interesting at the game though both sets of fans united together singing anti saints songs bless the lot of them.

0-0 would be nice, going to a replay where it goes to extra time before Bournemouth score 5 goals in the 30 added minutes. That would be a good way to tire and demoralise their squad, causing them to drop out of the play-off places altogether.

0-0 would be nice, going to a replay where it goes to extra time before Bournemouth score 5 goals in the 30 added minutes. That would be a good way to tire and demoralise their squad, causing them to drop out of the play-off places altogether.

Would that demoralise them more than "shipping" say seven or eight goals during the original fixture?

I just got back from a trip to my old stomping grounds of Boscombe/Bournemouth and met a fair few decent Cherries fans who actually followed Saints as their second team and had done so for many years. This supposed hatred and 'rivalry' with Saints is very much down to newer fans I should think.

(managed to get to St. Marys to see us completely demolish the arse on boxing day with my old man, what an xmas present that was! Amazing game.)

I'm assuming Bompey is Bournemouth? Am I missing something, but why? Genuinely never heard the term used once before...

Really? it was all the rage a few seasons back when both clubs were in league 1 together. My guess was because the level of vitriol coming from the Bournemouth fans at the time was similar to little old pompey's impotent rage....

BT Sport chose to televise the Liverpool game. The other BBC game is MK Dons v Chelsea.