The sh*t on here

Turkish

What a load of sh*t this place has become. Dull as fook threads, no humour, no edge. Just helmets talking bo llocks with each other nodding along in agreement at the amazing threads like who do yet want to win out of Bompey (insert face palm) and Pompey. Still the mods and the divs got the forum they wanted, dishing out infractions to anyone that dared to have have an opinion different to the mainstream one. Since the old Saintsforever shut down this place has always been full of wallies but at least it was a bit of laugh then. Now its dull thread after dull thread complete bo llocks after nonsense spouted, helmet after imbicile. A forum dominated by people like Adriansfc and Vectis. No wonder the good posters don't bother anymore and you can see why!

What Turkish said. Although I don't entirely blame the mods, more the people who called for bans instead of being more thick skinned and just 'scrolling on by'. I have never put anybody on ignore, but if I came across somebody that I knew was trolling or I didn't particularly like, then I would just ignore the post. Even Turkish got ignored when he went off on one. The point being, i moderated my browsing myself.

I don't know what's going on over at PAP's place, haven't looked in for months, but I think many of the 'characters' defected to that site.

Will always be grateful to those people whose efforts go into running this place, but I feel perhaps less stringent moderation and freer speech might be considered forth with.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Isn't the real problem that [whispers in case anyone hears] Saints are actually pretty good these days. We are putting in good performances and getting the results. The players are likeable and pulling their weight. The manager has the support of the fans and the behind-the-scenes stuff is getting on quietly doing good stuff.

Nobody has any genuinely gripes with how things are going or ideas for how we could be doing things better, so we're reduced to banal scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel threads of the first vaguely interesting idea that pops into people's heads.

That and I'm not sure about our youth strategy. I've been on here since early 2007, nearly 10 years, and it seems to me a lot of the posters now were around back then. Where are the kids? How are we bringing through the new blood? Perhaps RoKo is right and they just aren't up to it, but it strikes me we should be at least giving them a chance. Mods - how about a kids' play-area where the young'uns can try on an online persona or two in a safe environment.

What Turkish said. Although I don't entirely blame the mods, more the people who called for bans instead of being more thick skinned and just 'scrolling on by'. I have never put anybody on ignore, but if I came across somebody that I knew was trolling or I didn't particularly like, then I would just ignore the post. Even Turkish got ignored when he went off on one. The point being, i moderated my browsing myself.

I don't know what's going on over at PAP's place, haven't looked in for months, but I think many of the 'characters' defected to that site.

Will always be grateful to those people whose efforts go into running this place, but I feel perhaps less stringent moderation and freer speech might be considered forth with.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I always mean to go to Pap's forum but only access via mobile device now and seems a bit of a faff. I should be more determined as loads of decent sorts deserted and assume they are there.

Don't for the life of me see the point of banning anyone ever. Embarrassing if people can't cope. I see someone called for it on the saints or Pompey wind-up thread. Bless, they had to read something that annoyed them. Diddums why can't they be looked after and protected.

I always mean to go to Pap's forum but only access via mobile device now and seems a bit of a faff. I should be more determined as loads of decent sorts deserted and assume they are there.

Don't for the life of me see the point of banning anyone ever. Embarrassing if people can't cope. I see someone called for it on the saints or Pompey wind-up thread. Bless, they had to read something that annoyed them. Diddums why can't they be looked after and protected.

Give it another go whelk!:)

Just me that gets the irony of the original post then?

All interesting threads are high jacked by the same posters, all bickering like little ***ts. You have to sift through pages and pages of insults and petit point scoring before finding something worth reading.

Yep it is pants. As much as I know the banterers didn't follow the rules, they did make the place fun. They've all been forced out now. I think the fact Saints are generally stable - not bounding forwards but not slumping to the bottom means there isnt a great deal to talk about. We've had years of excitement, whether it be getting relegated or working our way up the leagues. We've kind of got to a bit of a boring phase at the moment. Hopefully we can get a bit more investment in the first team as I feel like we're just letting things tick over at the moment and we don't have any significantly exciting youth prospects as we have done over the years.

What a load of sh*t this place has become. Dull as fook threads, no humour, no edge. Just helmets talking bo llocks with each other nodding along in agreement at the amazing threads like who do yet want to win out of Bompey (insert face palm) and Pompey. Still the mods and the divs got the forum they wanted, dishing out infractions to anyone that dared to have have an opinion different to the mainstream one. Since the old Saintsforever shut down this place has always been full of wallies but at least it was a bit of laugh then. Now its dull thread after dull thread complete bo llocks after nonsense spouted, helmet after imbicile. A forum dominated by people like Adriansfc and Vectis. No wonder the good posters don't bother anymore and you can see why!

Couldn't agree more with this. It's clinical and a little weird. It needs livening up (and you CAN understand why all the good posters don't post anymore).

Edited by Patrick Bateman

There are many people who want to talk about football in general. The Lounge isn't appropriate nor is General Sports, so it goes under The Saints. It obviously bothers some, so why not ask Admin whether they can create a General Football sub forum. Still, it doesn't excuse WUM threads like "Saints or Pompey", which should be put in the Muppet Show.

More sad than the death of this forum is watching the death of a once top Troll. What happened Turks? You used to be good at this **** but your recent material has all become boring, lacking in edge basically the same old hackney **** over and over. It's like you've fallen out of love with trolling but carry on half hearted for lack of anything better to do.

Reminds my of those 80s stand up comics who seemed really funny back in the day but haven't really moved with the times so their material is just a bit sad now..

For once I have to agree with you!!........you t w a t !,.......take that and party!

Interesting points Turkish. I do wonder why, however, all the rants like this that always pop up never actually include information a to what kind of content is missing from the forum; or why the poster who so whole heartedly decry the lack of "fun" post never actually post these "fun" threads themselves.

Quiet odd.

And yes, I realise I'm one of the boring people on here. Don't care.

Surely a "look at me, look at me - I am the ultimate troll" post?

As others have pointed out, the irony of it all is quite breath-taking.

Twitter killed the forums.

This, absolutely. It has also all but killed sickipedia.

I'd like to see swf get rid of the swear filter in a last desperate attempt to keep the place going. Other football forums seem to cope without it, so why do we need it here? It's for football fans ffs, most of them swear.

Surely, there must be forums on the internet for people like Turkish who want to insult people anonymously online? Personally, I haven't looked for such forums but I guess they must exist. Try Googling forum + helmets + sh1t + b0llocks, Turkish, and you should find something more appropriate to your needs.

This, absolutely. It has also all but killed sickipedia.

I'd like to see swf get rid of the swear filter in a last desperate attempt to keep the place going. Other football forums seem to cope without it, so why do we need it here? It's for football fans ffs, most of them swear.

Maybe kids come on here and they never swear do they?

More likely to be a stumbling block for advertising revenue maybe?

Fiver mountain has to be propped up somehow you know.

No swear filter on papsweb by the way and if you really must donate a fiver, there is a charity thread over there

There was a time when the Muppet Show was unrestricted, abusive and full of pure X rated extreme NSFW...that was the glory days.

Keiths old site had better chat on the main forum, but people did wet the bed less back then...

There was a time when the Muppet Show was unrestricted, abusive and full of pure X rated extreme NSFW...that was the glory days.

Keiths old site had better chat on the main forum, but people did wet the bed less back then...

It was called banter central then. Crab lungs and cabbage face were great although I wasn't a huge fan of tubgirl it has to be said.

Maybe kids come on here and they never swear do they?

More likely to be a stumbling block for advertising revenue maybe?

Fiver mountain has to be propped up somehow you know.

No swear filter on papsweb by the way and if you really must donate a fiver, there is a charity thread over there��

I have no idea what papsweb is, although I've seen it referred to. And most of the kids I see at games seem to swear even more than I do, and that's going some.

Cute how this little thread has made a splash – I guess when you’re winning the numbers game, you’re going to attract a fair bit of envy. Like anything based on volume, this place has its dry and lame spells, though paradoxically I find it refreshing. On one level, it just means there are disproportionately fewer weirdoes who are over-invested in their online personas.

I don’t mind Pap and his merry pranksters –and that includes unbelievable jeff. Indeed I think Pap’s living in a purgatory of sorts, though, of course, he’d vigorously deny it. You can tell he wants to have a proper argument but that's made impossible by Sotonian’s bland, irreverent consensus. To put it in the lingua franca of sotonians, it’s like he’s playing an offline FPS with infinite lives and autosaves against a forgiving and primitive AI.

The closest Pap comes to a full-on multiplayer is when he turns on the well-meaning coxford lou, though given her views are like a weathervane –not surprising for someone who still hasn’t decided whether they should p*ss sitting down or standing up- that must have its limits. It’s a far cry from Pap’s days on here when he could take aim at some proper c**ts and every kill was hard-earned and satisfyingly unpredictable. Its like some cruel m**gboard god exiled him at the very same time that domestic and international politics got interesting again -and he's powerless. Deep down, the poor lad is lost.

The UI remains an endless source of knuckle-dragging mirth. Its like the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey, though before the bit where the apes discover how to make tools and break rocks.And yet TSW is duller without some of its more bizarro ‘characters’. RomseyStu, the piefaced try-hard, is still flying the flag with impunity. He seems to have reinvented himself as the Louis Walsh of social media marketing, grooming teenage boys with youtube channels and calling it 'business'. Oh for a PM…

I have no idea what papsweb is, although I've seen it referred to. And most of the kids I see at games seem to swear even more than I do, and that's going some.

It's the forum that Pap started when he was kicked off of here. A couple of the funny ones and a load of the borderline communist posters went over there too. As I mostly come here for saints news and opinions this serves its purpose for me. If you want to debate left wing propaganda and give the tories a kicking then I expect you would be better catered for over there.

Cute how this little thread has made a splash – I guess when you’re winning the numbers game, you’re going to attract a fair bit of envy. Like anything based on volume, this place has its dry and lame spells, though paradoxically I find it refreshing. On one level, it just means there are disproportionately fewer weirdoes who are over-invested in their online personas.

I don’t mind Pap and his merry pranksters –and that includes unbelievable jeff. Indeed I think Pap’s living in a purgatory of sorts, though, of course, he’d vigorously deny it. You can tell he wants to have a proper argument but that's made impossible by Sotonian’s bland, irreverent consensus. To put it in the lingua franca of sotonians, it’s like he’s playing an offline FPS with infinite lives and autosaves against a forgiving and primitive AI.

The closest Pap comes to a full-on multiplayer is when he turns on the well-meaning coxford lou, though given her views are like a weathervane –not surprising for someone who still hasn’t decided whether they should p*ss sitting down or standing up- that must have its limits. It’s a far cry from Pap’s days on here when he could take aim at some proper c**ts and every kill was hard-earned and satisfyingly unpredictable. Its like some cruel m**gboard god exiled him at the very same time that domestic and international politics got interesting again -and he's powerless. Deep down, the poor lad is lost.

The UI remains an endless source of knuckle-dragging mirth. Its like the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey, though before the bit where the apes discover how to make tools and break rocks.And yet TSW is duller without some of its more bizarro ‘characters’. RomseyStu, the piefaced try-hard, is still flying the flag with impunity. He seems to have reinvented himself as the Louis Walsh of social media marketing, grooming teenage boys with youtube channels and calling it 'business'. Oh for a PM…

:lol: shurlock we have had our differences and will continue to have them but that is one hell of a post. I agree with every word.