The sh*t on here

Turkish

Cute how this little thread has made a splash – I guess when you’re winning the numbers game, you’re going to attract a fair bit of envy. Like anything based on volume, this place has its dry and lame spells, though paradoxically I find it refreshing. On one level, it just means there are disproportionately fewer weirdoes who are over-invested in their online personas.

I don’t mind Pap and his merry pranksters –and that includes unbelievable jeff. Indeed I think Pap’s living in a purgatory of sorts, though, of course, he’d vigorously deny it. You can tell he wants to have a proper argument but that's made impossible by Sotonian’s bland, irreverent consensus. To put it in the lingua franca of sotonians, it’s like he’s playing an offline FPS with infinite lives and autosaves against a forgiving and primitive AI.

The closest Pap comes to a full-on multiplayer is when he turns on the well-meaning coxford lou, though given her views are like a weathervane –not surprising for someone who still hasn’t decided whether they should p*ss sitting down or standing up- that must have its limits. It’s a far cry from Pap’s days on here when he could take aim at some proper c**ts and every kill was hard-earned and satisfyingly unpredictable. Its like some cruel m**gboard god exiled him at the very same time that domestic and international politics got interesting again -and he's powerless. Deep down, the poor lad is lost.

The UI remains an endless source of knuckle-dragging mirth. Its like the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey, though before the bit where the apes discover how to make tools and break rocks.And yet TSW is duller without some of its more bizarro ‘characters’. RomseyStu, the piefaced try-hard, is still flying the flag with impunity. He seems to have reinvented himself as the Louis Walsh of social media marketing, grooming teenage boys with youtube channels and calling it 'business'. Oh for a PM…

Very good. Can't believe Pap turns on Lou though

So you are running away and avoiding yet another question, as usual. Weird how much you like to deny you display this behaviour when it's pretty plain to see and you're doing it now.

My recommendation is just to admit that indeed you do avoid questions and often, and stop making yourself look silly.

Fancy seeing you here.

So boring you can't stay away.

Yes SaintsForever was good but I suppose I had less to do when I was 15.

Quite. I can remember signing up to the original SaintsForever during a school IT lesson in year 9. Girls, jobs, houses etc have come and gone in that time but the one constant in my life since 14/15 has been this stupid forum!

The posts on this thread prove Del's point. The forum is let down by a bunch of idiots who have too much time on their hands and use it posting post after post of predictable sh¡te. For them it's probably the main excitement in their world, for others it's ****!ng dull.

As one of those idiots I wouldn't say that I find it exiting. I do currently have too much time on my hands and fill the gaps between matches by talking b*ll*cks on here. Trouble it for some people it is super serious. Someone said elsewhere that they view internet forums like going to the pub and talking crap with your buddies. If this place was a pub there would be a punch up in it every night!!!

All forums are cyclical have their golden periods and their low periods. It is a low period right now and as a poster said earlier, there is less to moan about/debate when things are going well. We did have a mini meltdown a couple of weeks ago but even that was a bit wet compared with the meltdown of the summer of 2014. Oh for the days of Rupert Lowe! ;)

He doesn't really! There are just a few core topics we disagree on, and Pap attempts (but fails) to draw me into a full on barney.

Shurlock pretty much nailed it really... (Except the bit about me standing up). ;)

Good. It could have been a double entendre though

Turkish raises some good points, it has gone downhill on here (to my tastes anyway). It used to be a place you could happily chat nonsense on, take the p*ss out of others and get the p*ss ripped out of you for ridiculous stuff you had said. Not so much these days, too many people wanting to report to the teacher and just post banal rubbish.

It's still the best site for gossip and what not on upcoming transfers etc, but not for me so much as my last year or so of minimal posting will attest to. A shame really, I like the place but just don't get much out of it any more. Which I'm sure makes plenty of others rejoice, so happy days indeed.

You've only just noticed its sh!t?

I've been on every incarnation of this forum since the start and this is absolute sh!te

I don't bother anymore

I don't know why you are replying to Turkish, ihe's he ****s like him that have ruined this forum. You used to be a decent poster but ****s like Turkish and his little acolytes have ruin a perfectly good board. I dream that the posters on here just **** of the board is left to the ****s. À

I come on here for all my Saints news - haven't been to the Official Site for two or three years as every time I did it took ages to load then tried to kill my iPhone with massive frame sizes and ads. On here you do have to sift through a lot of tossers who would be better off using IM for their point scoring to get to the news though, so in that sense the OP is right. However my perception is that the OP is one of the worst offenders.....

Turkish raises some good points, it has gone downhill on here (to my tastes anyway). It used to be a place you could happily chat nonsense on, take the p*ss out of others and get the p*ss ripped out of you for ridiculous stuff you had said. Not so much these days, too many people wanting to report to the teacher and just post banal rubbish.

It's still the best site for gossip and what not on upcoming transfers etc, but not for me so much as my last year or so of minimal posting will attest to. A shame really, I like the place but just don't get much out of it any more. Which I'm sure makes plenty of others rejoice, so happy days indeed.

Don't take it personally and just do your own thing. I never worry about what people say, water off a ducks back !

I don't know why you are replying to Turkish, ihe's he ****s like him that have ruined this forum. You used to be a decent poster but ****s like Turkish and his little acolytes have ruin a perfectly good board. I dream that the posters on here just **** of the board is left to the ****s. À

Quite. Was this forum needs is more quality posters like yourself who make jokes about ****ging peoples dead mum and have illiterate, drunken, foul mouthed rants at 1am in the morning.