Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Kelv's son takes a mean pen himself.

Just seen it.

That was a proper pen too.

I was expecting it to be a muck around.

But he proper smashed that right in the top corner.

Jesus christ..that kid will be pro.

Anyone know if he's on Saints books already?...

I could take good penalties and I was sh1te.

It was the power he hit it with.

I didn't have that power till i got to about 13/14.

It took me ages to be able to really smash a shot.

Mind you, his son probably kicks around with players all the time, it's bound to rub off.

Fitting end to SKD's Saints career.

Stekelenburg did everything he could to stop Lambert scoring in the first half. Lee Holmes played like Arjen Robben and Pelle took it more seriously than most.

Slowed a bit second half with the changes...until SKD's lad came on and stole the show. Martina and Mane both showed good spirit for the occassion.

Hard to judge a player but Jones the CB looked tidy, Reed was good but Gallagher a little clumsy.

Great evening, only gripe was the appauling PA system which meant you couldn't hear any of the interviews which was a shame.

Good effort all the players who came along, especially Puncheon ahead of the final - shame we need him to lose now.

Fitting end to SKD's Saints career.

Stekelenburg did everything he could to stop Lambert scoring in the first half. Lee Holmes played like Arjen Robben and Pelle took it more seriously than most.

Slowed a bit second half with the changes...until SKD's lad came on and stole the show. Martina and Mane both showed good spirit for the occassion.

Hard to judge a player but Jones the CB looked tidy, Reed was good but Gallagher a little clumsy.

Great evening, only gripe was the appauling PA system which meant you couldn't hear any of the interviews which was a shame.

Good effort all the players who came along, especially Puncheon ahead of the final - shame we need him to lose now.

Lee Holmes has always had a huge amount of talent sadly his body just can't keep up I remember when he got injured for about the millionth time playing for us watching him smash the turf in frustration he must have a real feeling of what could have been!

Lee Holmes has always had a huge amount of talent sadly his body just can't keep up I remember when he got injured for about the millionth time playing for us watching him smash the turf in frustration he must have a real feeling of what could have been!

I remember that as well. Such a good player, but almost seemed jinxed.

PA sounded fine to me for once. Sunny Davis is going to be a cracking player!

With the PA in the Kingsland, you needed a babel fish to have any chance of understanding Kenzie, Ralph , SKD or anyone else who addressed the crowd tonight.

Time for the club to sort it out I think.

What stand were you in? I was in Kingsland on Sunday and it was impossible to make anything out. Was in Itchen tonight and it was fine.

What stand were you in? I was in Kingsland on Sunday and it was impossible to make anything out. Was in Itchen tonight and it was fine.

We were in Kingsland block 32 tonight and couldn't understand a word because of the echoes. Normally we're in block 31 which is only marginally better. All we could do tonight was applaud politely when everybody else did.

I can report that sat a few rows behind Kat and Les and Ralph the PA sound is crystal clear.

Unfortunately as my season ticket is in the Kingsland that's not a great deal of use so hopefully someone will sort it during the summer....please :-)

Any idea what the incident was in the toilet before the game down by block 12? Stewards and Police rushed over, wouldn't let anyone in then stopped people going up and down the stairs to the concourse until just before half time.

Any idea what the incident was in the toilet before the game down by block 12? Stewards and Police rushed over, wouldn't let anyone in then stopped people going up and down the stairs to the concourse until just before half time.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14498945.Police_investigate__suspicious_device__at_St_Mary_s/?ref=rss

Sounds like a hoax.

George Michael was probably in there.

A good evening and a few good chants....

'Rickie Lambert, he wants to come home".

"Jason Puncheon, he's gone fir a sh*t" when he was substituted. He then threw a bog roll into the crowd.

"Richard Chaplow, he looks like my bum".

"Sh*t refs, we always get sh*t refs" when Rickie was given offside.

Plus the old favourites for Lee Barnard, Mattie and Rickie.

Thanks for a great night and ten great years KD.

That really was an awesome evening :)

Sonny Davis has a heck of a lot of power in that kick of his! Was showing some intelligence with runs and attempted through balls as well! (And of course was being given all the time in the world :) ) There's definitely a spark of something there. Chances are he won't make it, but would love to see it happen :)

Lambert deserved a goal! Not sure how that effort was stopped right on the line!

I wonder how many times before tonight Le Tiss has actually missed the goal completely!?

It really is the end of an era :(

If SKD doesn't take up a coaching role, he'd be perfect as an ambassador for the club, hope he stays around in some role.

If he hadn't chosen us instead of West Ham at the start of our journey back up, I'm not sure we'd have made it back yet.

Thank You Kelvin.

really glad we made the effort to go. Great entertainment and good to show former players appreciation.

As others have said young Davis really helped make the night. His dad did his best not to let him score,lol. The second penalty soared in.

The young players came on in the second half. Reed looked useful as well as McCarthy but Gardos and the other young centre half looked very tentative. Gallagher sadly looked totally lost.

Great night but again as others have said you couldnt hear a thing in the Kingsland.

The Northern were amusing although the 10th song about Puncheon being in the loo was just pushing the joke a bit far. Getting sacked in the morning to Adkins was funny and he took it well.

Great evening good to see so many ex players on and off the pitch. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain spent a lot of time talking to fans after the game shame he couldn't play. Pochettino and Jesus Perez also there.

I wasn't there.

But dear god...

Did he get much stick?...

I wasn't there.

But dear god...

Did he get much stick?...

he didnt go out on the pitch or anything.I didnt know he was there until i read it just now! I think the fans shwed great appreciation to Puncheon for making the effort.It was a tremendous thng to risk injuring himself pre a cup final. i know nobody tackled but if he had got injured that would have been terrible

What was the crowd? Hopefully 20K+

19,500 i think they said, but it looked a bit more that that to me (big queues at the ticket office pre-match). Northam stand did a good job generating some noise, shame there wasn't a few more fans in the Chapel end as it looked very sparse down there. Programmes seemed to be selling well, i'm sure the night will raise a lot of money for charity.

Really enjoyed the evening, was a feelgood atmosphere certainly helped by our good end to the season. At one point it was risk of being taken over as the Lambert show with all the songs about it, but his performance showed why he's not going to come back - league one for him now i think.

The delayed kick off was very frustrating, sat in the middle of the Kingsland there were no announcements explaining it, and if there were I certainly couldn't hear them, match kicked off 25 mins late in the end.

really glad we made the effort to go. Great entertainment and good to show former players appreciation.

As others have said young Davis really helped make the night. His dad did his best not to let him score,lol. The second penalty soared in.

The young players came on in the second half. Reed looked useful as well as McCarthy but Gardos and the other young centre half looked very tentative. Gallagher sadly looked totally lost.

Great night but again as others have said you couldnt hear a thing in the Kingsland.

The Northern were amusing although the 10th song about Puncheon being in the loo was just pushing the joke a bit far. Getting sacked in the morning to Adkins was funny and he took it well.

McCarthy had quite a few chances to cross the ball totally unchallenged due to the pace of the game and he picked out the keeper or the crowd most times.

If he makes PL level it will be as a tough CB not a RB as he isn't good enough on the ball.

Alfie Jones looked very assured I thought, even if against poor opposition in the second half.

Didn't see them during the game only afterwards, we said rather sarcastically to him well done on finishing third.

lolol.

Not even sure why he was even there.

He was nothing to do with our Promotion.

And none of the current squad (bar Wanyama) were even his players.

They were Adkins.

Which in itself is really ironic seeing as Adkins was there aswell. :lol: