Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Bit harsh. Suggest that you watch the you tube video. Leeds v Saints in the Championship season. Unbelievable performance that day. Agree that he struggled a bit in the Premier League recently and the less said about his performance v Leicester the better. But a great servant to the club, stuck around after relegation, made a huge contribution to the promotion seasons and a top bloke.

Well deserved testimonial. Hope to be there.

That video was fun to watch Cheers. God I loved those days, for pure fun and enjoyment, that championship season was probably my favorite season ever.

That video was fun to watch Cheers. God I loved those days, for pure fun and enjoyment, that championship season was probably my favorite season ever.

This. Very much this. Definitely my favourite Saints season ever. Winning nearly every week. Scored lots of goals. Never out of the top three.

Just annoyed that ***t Ken bates was at Leeds at the time of the game in the video, as I refused to pay £38 (iirc) to watch a game in the championship, so stayed at home and watched it on telly.

By about 70 minutes, I started to think it was one of those days where it wouldn't go in for Leeds, and that we were going to nick the three points. I was teaching a course in Leeds the following week, had some Leeds fans on the course, who were quite sound. I apologised to them for stealing the points.

Kelvin is a lovely man. I had the pleasure of meeting him after I won his shirt in the text vote for MOTM against Brighton when he saved the penalty in the league one promotion season, which earned us a point as we couldn't score in a brothel that night.

As it is only 2 days after Palace at home they might struggle a bit to get a big crowd, having said that a few posters up around the city announcing the return of Guly and Tadanari Lee and it should generate interest.

I hope we get to see Lee's celebration again

Would be silly to have Lallana unless he is a real close mates of KD's. Would be a shame to have genuine boos at this short of event.

I reckon KD and Fonte will play for the promotion XI. Would be great to see Guly, Chaplow, Hammond, Harding, Lambert... Looking forward to it

Lee Holmes managed 11 games blimey would never have had it that high.

In fairness that was over 4 or 5 years!

THAT game at Elland Road will always be iconic, I think. He was simply incredible that day.

CZ57crYXEAEXFRp.png:large

CZ57cXoWQAISei8.png:large

Is it just me or is Davis the only player NOT visible in that shot? It looks like he's had to go off for treatment and we've just piled everyone on the line!

As supporters we are very quick to slate players for showing no loyalty yet at the same time if our players show loyalty and aren't perfect they also get slated

Not sure you have ever played football but you do get worst as you get older.

I hope Kelvin goes over and boos you

A great servant of the club and I hope he stays on in some capacity

Did you support saints before we got back in the premier league?

Stop biting, lads. It's a skate on a wind up, just stick him on ignore.

A lot of the talk understandably about *that* Leeds game, but I'll also always remember being honoured to be there when he made a superb fingertip save in last minute of the following game to preserve our 3 points... on such margins are promotions up the leagues made!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9016269.stm

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A lot of the talk understandably about *that* Leeds game, but I'll also always remember being honoured to be there when he made a superb fingertip save in last minute of the following game to preserve our 3 points... on such margins are promotions up the leagues made!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9016269.stm

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure this was the season before the Leeds game, when we were still in League 1? The Leeds match was in the championship.

Based on club form the bloke shouldn't be anywhere near an international squad. Mind you that applies to several other of Hodgson's favorites.

Will be interesting to see if Lala gets an invite, part of me feels **** him? The other part makes me feel it's time to bury the hatchet.. I guess it's up to kelvin

keep in mind that this is before the FA Cup final so some players may not be available.

Also, does the testimonial mean the Kelvin is definitely retiring at the end of the season or can you keep playing after a testimonial?

Edited by Redslo

keep in mind that this is before the FA Cup final so some players may not be available.

Also, does the testimonial mean the Kelvin is definitely retiring at the end of the season or can you keep playing after a testimonial?

You can keep playin afterwards!

I'm not sure that too many of the players will be in the final!! Lambert and Lallana the only possibles as far as I can tell.

Testimonials just seem like an opportunity for disappointment at low attendances lately. He got his windfall when he signed his last contract though.

lately ? if you're referring to Saints...um not sure we've had one in fair while, let alone many

I'm sure this will be well attended

Delighted this is happening. Was great for us during the rise up the leagues. Obviously the Leeds game being the sand out performance. The save against Sheffield Wednesday was amazing too. I was right behind it and we celebrated it like a goal. Great **** up afterwards too.

Not sure who it was against but I remember at the Northam end someone hit the post. A minute or so later there was a reply on the screen and you saw Kelvin get a finger on it. Everyone gasped and he turned around nodding his head pointing at himself.

Also, great at saving pens.

Top man. Hopefully we retain him after his playing days.

lately ? if you're referring to Saints...um not sure we've had one in fair while, let alone many

I'm sure this will be well attended

can't remmber the teams involved but the last few i had reason to hear of seemed like damp squibs. I know i'm not interested in seeing a bunch of millionaires hobbling and wobbling around the pitch, and while kelvin has no doubt been a good influence in the dressing room, as a playerhe hasn't been a universally popular one since the beginning of his stay and he's overstayed his welcome a bit to get into the position to have a testimonial, so i'd be surprised if the sentiment is there.

Not sure who it was against but I remember at the Northam end someone hit the post. A minute or so later there was a reply on the screen and you saw Kelvin get a finger on it. Everyone gasped and he turned around nodding his head pointing at himself.

Also, great at saving pens.

If it's the game I'm thinking of we had a televised lunchtime fixture against Blackpool which we lost 1-0, but at one point during the match a blackool player cut inside the box and curled a shot centimetres wide of the post, ref gave a goal kick but the big screens had the Sky feed playing so the replays showed it was actually an amazing save by Kelv. He turned to the Northam looking rather smug.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but may struggle to get Sharp, Hammond, Adkins plus others of their teams are still involved in the play offs? If West Brom get to the FA Cup final would Lambert be able to play?

And theres also the possibility that Morgan & Lallana might be required to go on a needless high profile friendly in some ridiculous location in Asia for their clubs in promotional friendlies.

Look forward to this...be nice adkins and lambert getting some sort of goodbye / recognition they deserved too

on the note of Lallana ..he can get fked...not welcome in this city...be awkward him getting boos if he came anyway

Yup my feeling too, really hope the club don't have that little rat faced weasel anywhere near this game. He forfeited his right to taking part in anything to do with Saints by acting like a little c*nt when he left (and a couple of times before that too)

Yup my feeling too, really hope the club don't have that little rat faced weasel anywhere near this game. He forfeited his right to taking part in anything to do with Saints by acting like a little c*nt when he left (and a couple of times before that too)

This.

Does anyone know for sure it is all going to charity? The quotes I have seen only say that charity will benefit, they don't say all proceeds will go to charity. Should he even have to give it all to charity, I doubt he's ever been on a massive wage at Saints? The monetary aspect of it, is of no significance to me, I am seeing it purely as a chance to say thank you to a great team, who gave me my happiest experiences of supporting Saints and a chance to give a proper goodbye to the greatest goalscorer I ever saw in a Saints shirt bar MLT!

I hope it will be a massive show of appreciation from the fans to Kelvin & those other players and St Mary's will be rocking in appreciation.

Seeing as it's their thing nowadays, maybe Will Champion can get his band to do a half time gig too!

can't remmber the teams involved but the last few i had reason to hear of seemed like damp squibs. I know i'm not interested in seeing a bunch of millionaires hobbling and wobbling around the pitch, and while kelvin has no doubt been a good influence in the dressing room, as a playerhe hasn't been a universally popular one since the beginning of his stay and he's overstayed his welcome a bit to get into the position to have a testimonial, so i'd be surprised if the sentiment is there.

Get fûcked. Skate on a windup here surely.

Personally I think this one is a great idea. An opportunity to see the players who took us up twice ( which kelvin was a massive part of). I hope to see all my favourites back. I see Morgan retweeted it so fingers crossed he can at least play some part.

I really hope Lallana attends and gets a warm welcome. FFS I was as angry as anyone at the time but let's be the bigger people and let bygones be bygones. Watch the season reviews and you'll see what a massive part of it he was. We shared some great times with him and we just look petty and jealous when we boo him now.

Personally I think this one is a great idea. An opportunity to see the players who took us up twice ( which kelvin was a massive part of). I hope to see all my favourites back. I see Morgan retweeted it so fingers crossed he can at least play some part.

I really hope Lallana attends and gets a warm welcome. FFS I was as angry as anyone at the time but let's be the bigger people and let bygones be bygones. Watch the season reviews and you'll see what a massive part of it he was. We shared some great times with him and we just look petty and jealous when we boo him now.

that's got merit if they can pull it off. can we have richard wright in goal?

Shouldn't just be promotion players. Davis was here before that and opens up room for more comebacks. Who doesn't want to see Jhon Viafara at the party? Or Mario licka and djamel belmadi? legends.

Team line-up for Davis's league debut:

Davis, Pele, Lundekvam (Ostlund 6), Baird, Bale, Skacel (Surman 90), Wright, Belmadi, Viafara, Rasiak, Fuller (Wright-Phillips 54).

Subs Not Used: Poke, Dyer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/5226770.stm

Shouldn't just be promotion players. Davis was here before that and opens up room for more comebacks. Who doesn't want to see Jhon Viafara at the party? Or Mario licka and djamel belmadi? legends.

There is no way on earth it will just be players from the two promotion years I would expect quite a few others to make appearances with the promotion players hopefully forming the bulk of the team.

This is the real dilemma for me Skacel will he play or not can we please have a 200 page thread on it before he signs to play on the pitch at the last game of the season?

Team line-up for Davis's league debut:

Davis, Pele, Lundekvam (Ostlund 6), Baird, Bale, Skacel (Surman 90), Wright, Belmadi, Viafara, Rasiak, Fuller (Wright-Phillips 54).

Subs Not Used: Poke, Dyer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/5226770.stm

Bale...wow that would be wonderful and whilst it is zero chance the odds are better than Ricardo Fuller turning up!!!

Bale...wow that would be wonderful and whilst it is zero chance the odds are better than Ricardo Fuller turning up!!!

Especially after Fuller tried to lob Davis from a drop ball in injury time that everyone on the pitch thought he was going to pass back to him.