Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Would anticipate that Kelvin would play a half for each team. Technically Jose Fonte could too. Looking forward to this, Think the current squad would win this, however I reckon it'll be quite a tight game which will descend into chaos in the last twenty minutes with Kelvin, Fraser and Maarten up front for the current team... 4-3 to current side.

Also fancy Kelvin to save a pen from Rickie....

I would expect Kelvin to play for the promotion XI because Bart is the only other keeper who is eligible!

Also, hopefully Fonte does, alongside Jos, with a cameo from Jaidi.

Lambert, Guly, Hammond, Chaplow, Harding, Butterfield, Richardson, Fox, Sharp, Connolly, Barnard... maybe Morgan and Ox.

C'mon Saints, give us the Promotion XI we're really after. This'd get a bumper crowd in.

Bialkowski

Butterfield Seaborne Martin Mills

Lallana Wotton Stephens Holmes

N'Guessan Bignall

Our backup options have come on a bit, eh?

C'mon Saints, give us the Promotion XI we're really after. This'd get a bumper crowd in.

Bialkowski

Butterfield Seaborne Martin Mills

Lallana Wotton Stephens Holmes

N'Guessan Bignall

Our backup options have come on a bit, eh?

Wotton should be there. He's better than Schneiderlin, remember?

• 1 month later...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160330-kelvin-davis-testimonial-ticket-prices-3032712.aspx

Tickets for Kelvin Davis’s testimonial, which takes place at St Mary’s in May, will go on sale from Thursday 14th April.

To celebrate the goalkeeper’s ten-year spell at St Mary’s, the current Saints side will take on the Promotions Eleven – a select squad made up of those who represented the club in its consecutive promotion-winning campaigns of 2010/11 and 2011/12.

Tickets for the game, which takes place on Tuesday 17th May, and kicks off at 7.30pm BST, will be priced as follows:

£14.00 for Adults

£7.00 for Over-65s and 17-21s

£5.00 for Under-17s

What sparked this off?

Someone moaning that they can't have their seat for this game, or rather that it's not reserved for them, and that they will have to battle it out with folks that maybe don't even go week in, week out.

Would be interested to hear your justification as to why they shouldn't have their seat reserved?

If you were STH, who invests £600+ a year into the club, would you not be annoyed to lose out on your seat to someone who attends 1 or 2 games a year?

No doubt you are one of those moaning about not getting a Vitesse ticket having only attended 1 away game in the last 5 years.

Someone moaning that they can't have their seat for this game, or rather that it's not reserved for them, and that they will have to battle it out with folks that maybe don't even go week in, week out.

Not really sure you can call it elitism though, more that person x has spent considerably more money over a sustained period than person y and therefore assumes that they will receive some preference on limited numbers of tickets.

Which if most people are honest is a relatively reasonable assumption. I look at it much the same way i did with the allocation of tickets for the european aways. I never did understand the moans from people that the most consistent away fans got first dibs, rewarding the most loyal people first is ultimately the fairest way of doing things.

Would be interested to hear your justification as to why they shouldn't have their seat reserved?

If you were STH, who invests £600+ a year into the club, would you not be annoyed to lose out on your seat to someone who attends 1 or 2 games a year?

No doubt you are one of those moaning about not getting a Vitesse ticket having only attended 1 away game in the last 5 years.

A season ticket entitles you to a seat for 19 league games. You pay up front, or by finance, and you get a deal a bit cheaper than buying individual games and of course you're guaranteed your seat. Plus you get first dibs on tickets for other games in the season campaign. That's it. I don't see why there should be any further entitlement.

This game has nothing to do with the season campaign and has much the same status as a pre season friendly. Does your ST entitle you to pre season friendlies?

Vitesse home, or away? Couldn't afford to go away. Went to the home game.

Obviously, if I only go to a dozen home games I'm less of a fan than a STH, right?

Not really sure you can call it elitism though, more that person x has spent considerably more money over a sustained period than person y and therefore assumes that they will receive some preference on limited numbers of tickets.

Which if most people are honest is a relatively reasonable assumption. I look at it much the same way i did with the allocation of tickets for the european aways. I never did understand the moans from people that the most consistent away fans got first dibs, rewarding the most loyal people first is ultimately the fairest way of doing things.

I get, and agree with your second point, but that game was part of the season's campaign.

The first point is like expecting to be served first cos you spend more money at the bar than the guy that comes in only now and again. In some cases, that favouritism does happen in the case of regular bar dwellers, but you know, ignoring new customers is potentially losing future customers.

At the end of the day, the club must feel that it has to take the opportunity to make a game more affordable (they even did so for the Europa games which was quite a surprise to me), and for folks with young families who perhaps can't afford regular league games this is a great opportunity to get their kids hooked on Saints.

I don't see this game selling out and any STH wanting to go will have no problem getting a ticket.

Why should they have their seat reserved? When they bought their ticket it didn't include priority access to the testimonial.

And I got a ticket for the vitesse away game despite not having a season ticket. If you wanted a ticket enough then you could easily get one (I had tickets for the home and away end.)

I really can't see there being a huge rush for tickets for this game so i don't see why people are worried about getting their own seat. If you want it that badly login the day they go on sale and sort it out , but i think we'll get about 20k for the match which will still be decent on a Tuesday night for a game marking the end of career for Kelvin who has been a reserve keeper for last couple of years.

i have very happy memories of the promotion years so will probably go along, might even wait and pick up a ticket on the night or once they've confirmed who will be playing for the promotions XI. A lot will depend on how the end of the season goes, if we finish well and get a European spot the feelgood factor will boost the crowd.

I really can't see there being a huge rush for tickets for this game so i don't see why people are worried about getting their own seat. If you want it that badly login the day they go on sale and sort it out , but i think we'll get about 20k for the match which will still be decent on a Tuesday night for a game marking the end of career for Kelvin who has been a reserve keeper for last couple of years.

i have very happy memories of the promotion years so will probably go along, might even wait and pick up a ticket on the night or once they've confirmed who will be playing for the promotions XI. A lot will depend on how the end of the season goes, if we finish well and get a European spot the feelgood factor will boost the crowd.

I shall be in the middle of the South Atlantic. How do I log in and get 'my' seats?

So who do we think will play for the promotion team?

Managed by Adkins? Has to be!

Fonte to play a half for each side?

Lambert to finally get an appearance back at St Marys on the pitch?

What reception would Lallana get if he played?

I think Chaplow said he's going to play. I'd expect Hammond and Billy Sharp to come down with Adkins and certainly Lambert perhaps alongside Connelly. Dan Harding probably as he's only up the road.

Personally I'd prefer it if Lallana and Schniederlin don't play, would prefer Guly, would be good to see Jos the Boss back as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping to be sat elsewhere e.g. Northam, but couldn't be arsed to hold off (and as designated ticket buyer for my group I'd be for it if I waited and then forgot). Just above the dugout won't necessarily be a bad thing I guess.

Was hoping to be sat elsewhere e.g. Northam, but couldn't be arsed to hold off (and as designated ticket buyer for my group I'd be for it if I waited and then forgot). Just above the dugout won't necessarily be a bad thing I guess.

You'll get to appreciate a decent view of a game of football for a change!

Not sure why the club didn't put the Itchen and Northam on sale straight away instead of just the Itchen. I'm sure most Northam enders like myself would like to make a bit of noise welcoming back some of our legends, otherwise it's going to have the atmosphere of a reserve game.

Apparently at the back of his book there's a dedications bit which includes a paragraph from Lallana saying he's looking forward to coming back and playing in the testimonial etc. Hope who told me is trying to wind me up.

If Lallana is man enough to come back and play in this I think it's a gesture that should earn him reprieve from animosity. Well that's how i would feel anyway, have little to no respect for him at moment but if he swallows his pride and returns for Kelv then he gets a few points back.

Apparently at the back of his book there's a dedications bit which includes a paragraph from Lallana saying he's looking forward to coming back and playing in the testimonial etc. Hope who told me is trying to wind me up.

No wind up, Lallana says "I hope you have a great day & I'm looking forward to see (sic) so many familiar faces"

I hope just for that day we can all ignore him instead of booing him. I won't cheer the guy but I won't be booing him at Kelvins testimonial.

Anyway, terrible decision to not open up the Northam. I'm going to hold off, if the Northam is open great, if not then there'll be plenty of tickets to buy on the day at least.

If Lallana is man enough to come back and play in this I think it's a gesture that should earn him reprieve from animosity. Well that's how i would feel anyway, have little to no respect for him at moment but if he swallows his pride and returns for Kelv then he gets a few points back.

I'm with you on this.

No. F*ck him, rat.

The whole Northam stand is now on sale for this game, so if anyone has ever wanted to see what the views like in the away end now's your chance.

As the 5 centre blocks of the Itchen 5-9) are showing as sold out they should open Kingsland Centre now as clearly many people would like to sit in that area.

Id like to think due to the occasion us fans could show Kelvin a big of respect and only give Lallana a few comedy boos ! Although id also like to think Lallana could smooth it all over by getting hold of a microphone and denouncing what he did and kind of apologise !?

How can you have a promotion team without Lallana? He was superb for us.

Yes he was a bit of a cock when leaving but so be it, millionaire footballers can be cocks sometimes but let's not pretend he didn't leave for a bigger club, for a big price. He was here over 10 years himself and one of our best players getting us up two leagues and keeping us up.

Probably too much to ask that he won't get booed during a testimonial but it'd be nice if people just grew up now. He clearly still likes the club and wants to play in the game with his friend.

its not about him leaving for more money or a bigger club, but it was the way he left. No class. I really hope he doesn't turn up and the fans soften towards him.

if I recall correctly Shearer came back for a testimonial and didn't get the best reception

He vaguely forced the move and probably regrets it but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. If he does an interview and apologises and explains it a bit better then I have no problem with it.

The nivea advert was far worse.

I can't see him going to apologise, he could take a full page out to n the Echo to do so like he did when he left. No doubt it would be a picture of himself celebrating a Liverpool goal or berating the ref when we got a penalty against them