Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Danny Butterfield now confirmed as the right back :)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160509-danny-butterfield-kelvin-davis-testimonial-3104251.aspx

He boosts a Promotions Eleven that already features Rickie Lambert, Jack Cork, Radhi Jaïdi, Dan Harding, Dean Hammond, Billy Sharp, Bartosz Bialkowski and Lee Barnard.

Any chance of Fox & Richardson joining the party?

How exactly do they make money from uploading video clips of a computer game. I'm not doubting they do just don't know how!

YouTube ad revenue will count for a lot of it alongside their Twitch subscribers.

*Awaits questions as to what on earth Twitch is*

Feel sorry for KD that so few tickets have been sold.

Largely awful effort from our fanbase.

my opinion is (and was shouted down for it) that £15 or what ever it is was/is just too much to watch a kick about for a player who is a multi-millionaire and who is (lets be honest) not a legend of the club

could have made it a lot cheaper and more people would go.

Just my opinion

my opinion is (and was shouted down for it) that £15 or what ever it is was/is just too much to watch a kick about for a player who is a multi-millionaire and who is (lets be honest) not a legend of the club

Just my opinion

You cannot complain about £15 FFS, it's over half the price of a prem game, to see some very popular players amongst the fan base. There is no excuse for not going to this game, unless you didn't watch us in those years. I am very much looking forward to seeing some players back in the red and white of saints! Rickie being one of them.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Saint Garrett

You cannot complain about £15 FFS, it's over half the price of a prem game, to see some very popular players amongst the fan base. There is no excuse for not going to this game, unless you didn't watch us in those years. I am very much looking forward to seeing some players back in the red and white of saints! Rickie being one of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1982[/ATTACH]

Exactly and the money goes to charity.

Exactly and the money goes to charity.

for me this is as much a chance to say thankyou to the players that finally put some pride back into saints after years of dross, as it is a send off for Kelvin

you also only have to look at what just about every player who played with him here is saying to see how important he has been behind the scenes

they were my favourite seasons following saints and for as little as £15 (going to charity ffs!) I cant wait to thank them all for it

for me this is as much a chance to say thankyou to the players that finally put some pride back into saints after years of dross, as it is a send off for Kelvin

you also only have to look at what just about every player who played with him here is saying to see how important he has been behind the scenes

they were my favourite seasons following saints and for as little as £15 (going to charity ffs!) I cant wait to thank them all for it

Agreed, a lot of the players that are coming back have never really had the chance to come back and get the goodbye from the fans their years at the club at the deserved, Hammond, Harding and Lambert are good examples.

Chris Perry confirmed now then.......i didnt even realise he was still with the club when we got promotion from Div 1, i thought he finished the season before after the JPT win ?

He left the season before promotion. To be honest I even forgot he played in the JPT.

Real shame that more haven't been sold. I'd expect a big influx of tickets on Sunday and a big walk up on the day. Can't see it selling out though. Just huge queues if you wait until the day.

If The Ox could have made it he would have been draw for the more casual fan.

Reality is though, we have a hardcore of around 18-20k that saw us through the lower leagues and the rest come for PL football/day out. No surprise it seems only the hardcore are going.

I think it will be pretty well attended on the day actually, ticket sales aren't going "that" badly considering they only opened up the main stands a few days ago (putting a lot of people off hat wanted "their" seats). Hope there will be a lot bought towards the end of this week and on Sunday.

I think it will be pretty well attended on the day actually, ticket sales aren't going "that" badly considering they only opened up the main stands a few days ago (putting a lot of people off hat wanted "their" seats). Hope there will be a lot bought towards the end of this week and on Sunday.

I agree. People aren't expecting it to sell out so aren't rushing. Hopefully it's a beautiful day when it comes round.

Just my opinion

Er, I consider Super Kelv a legend, he captained us through two successive promotions up to the PL putting himself in the team of the year in both cases as well as to a trophy win...

He also stayed when he could have had PL football (and the salary that comes with it).

The teams that got us promoted in the past are held up as Saints legends, what makes Davis any different?

Edited by farawaysaint

I'm in two minds whether to go. I usually go to games with my son but he's got GCSE exams the following day, so a 100 mile round trip the night before isn't exactly the best exam preparation tactic (yes, I know the opposite point of view could also be argued...). I guess there's no ideal time to be holding games like this, but I wonder if this being an evening game during exam time could be a contributory factor towards attendance figures?

Reality is though, we have a hardcore of around 18-20k that saw us through the lower leagues and the rest come for PL football/day out. No surprise it seems only the hardcore are going.

I'm hardcore by your definition and I'm not going. No Guly, no interest ;) Seriously, not worth the travelling for an evening friendly, never go to pre-seasons either (unless they are in Swindon or Bristol).

Nice to see Guly is actually playing again in Brazil for Ituano, 10 appearances, no goals and 6 yellow cards. I think this is like the Conference (Level 5) in Brazil. Someone said below that he is not coming to the Testimonial because they are mid-season, but it actually looks like they have not played since April and have no forthcoming fixtures, so not sure that its the real reason for his non-appearance.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't match West Ham's effort for Mark Noble- that one sold out I think and it was shown live.

That is appreciation for a player- our ticket sales for Kelvin's been poor really- hopefully around 28000 can turn up.

And to make it worse, I find it even more ridiculous that apparently the club sold out in tickets to watch some youtubers play! Pathetic!

I'd be disappointed if we didn't match West Ham's effort for Mark Noble- that one sold out I think and it was shown live.

That is appreciation for a player

That game was played at 14:00 on Easter Monday, so probably more conducive to achieving a high turn out compared to a Tuesday term time evening.

That is appreciation for a player- our ticket sales for Kelvin's been poor really- hopefully around 28000 can turn up.

And to make it worse, I find it even more ridiculous that apparently the club sold out in tickets to watch some youtubers play! Pathetic!

It was their current captain who starts every week and is an academy player, rather than 3rd/4th choice goalkeeper to be fair.

I'm in two minds whether to go. I usually go to games with my son but he's got GCSE exams the following day, so a 100 mile round trip the night before isn't exactly the best exam preparation tactic (yes, I know the opposite point of view could also be argued...). I guess there's no ideal time to be holding games like this, but I wonder if this being an evening game during exam time could be a contributory factor towards attendance figures?

Take him. He'll only sit at home worrying about his exam anyway and sure as hell won't get any revision done. I can remember going to Derby in the play off semi the night before a university exam and I failed that mind.

On the other hand, I went to the Derby game the night before a uni exam and passed.

People will talk about this game in the same reverential tone they talk about Channon's testimonial.

He will hate you if you don't take him.

Who's getting the keys to a new Ford Cortina before kick-off?

TBF it will probably be upgraded to a Focus ST in today's money - my money's on SRL.