Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

They should get on and put the Kingsland centre tickets on sale, the Itchen stand is sold out with the exception of the corners so currently you only have a choice between that and behind the goal, i know a few who are waiting as would rather sit on the half way line.

Never been to a testimonial, quite fancy this. Is it the sort of game you'd take little kids (4 & 6yrs old) to? Didn't know if the humour of it all would pass them by and they might end up getting bored, what with their 10min attention spans?!

They should get on and put the Kingsland centre tickets on sale, the Itchen stand is sold out with the exception of the corners so currently you only have a choice between that and behind the goal, i know a few who are waiting as would rather sit on the half way line.

I totally agree. I would much prefer to be back in my usual seat. Anything else is like sitting at a strange ground.

Never been to a testimonial, quite fancy this. Is it the sort of game you'd take little kids (4 & 6yrs old) to? Didn't know if the humour of it all would pass them by and they might end up getting bored, what with their 10min attention spans?!

Probably the ideal game to take kids too, no away fans means it'll be a friendly atmosphere & it's cheap. Let them bring their phones/ipads etc & if they get bored let them play Grand Theft Auto (or something :-) ). Take plenty of sweets.

If Sheffield United fail to win at Coventry on Saturday or if Barnsley win it will be confirmed that Sheff Utd can't make the play offs, no doubt Kelvin's team are hoping that happens so they can confirm Adkins, Billy Sharp and captain Dean Hammond for the promotions XI.

Tick

Pretty dismal from us as fans if it doesn't sell out.

It won't sell out, but I don't think the club were ever expecting it to. The way they are selling tickets stand by stand shows they are minimising overheads reducing number of stewards and catering staff required, however they are impacting sales as they are currently holding back some of the best seats in the ground (kingsland centre) which will sell well once available. If we finish the season well and the weather is good we might just get 20k.

Pretty dismal from us as fans if it doesn't sell out.

Not really, it's completely pointless other than raising money for a charity which would be better off asking for 1% of the weekly wages of the people involved.

I honestly couldn't care less about a load of ex-players going through the motions and would still have to seriously consider if it was worth it even if it was free.

Fair play to them for the penalty idea though, it's at least a novel sideshow that will get some interest.

Not really, it's completely pointless other than raising money for a charity which would be better off asking for 1% of the weekly wages of the people involved.

I honestly couldn't care less about a load of ex-players going through the motions and would still have to seriously consider if it was worth it even if it was free.

Fair play to them for the penalty idea though, it's at least a novel sideshow that will get some interest.

You don't care about celebrating the career of a loyal and successful player and enjoying an evening of seeing others who played a massive role in us being promoted in consecutive seasons.

But do care about what kit template Chivas have for next season.

Each to their own I guess.

agree totally

Knew it would. Not sure why people were taking the players talking about it on social media as a sign that it wasn't selling well.

less than 10,000 tickets sold so far judging by online site, not exactly brilliant sales

and even though it says all 4 stands available on tweet, online system still has only Itchen and Northam availalble

less than 10,000 tickets sold so far judging by online site, not exactly brilliant sales

and even though it says all 4 stands available on tweet, online system still has only Itchen and Northam availalble

Chapel and Kingsland now available

Someone was telling me about this last week, have they really sold out 32000 for a game at St Marys that I knew nothing about featuring players I've never heard of?! Quite funny if that turns out to be biggest crowd of the year!

My Daughter piped up and said about it when questioned, they had one last year too, or similar, which was well attended. And if you don't have tickets you can watch on You Tube, obviously, where to folks of a certain age those taking part are "household" names.

True Geordie was on the commentary last year, I have to say it is a bit weird listening to him without the colourful effin and jeffin he peppers his football reviews with.

Isn't that StuRomseySaint's venture? He's like a cross between arsene wenger and chunky monkey.

*I see all tickets incur an additional booking fee.

#learningfromthebest

Edited by shurlock

My Daughter piped up and said about it when questioned, they had one last year too, or similar, which was well attended. And if you don't have tickets you can watch on You Tube, obviously, where to folks of a certain age those taking part are "household" names.

True Geordie was on the commentary last year, I have to say it is a bit weird listening to him without the colourful effin and jeffin he peppers his football reviews with.

the 17 year old i was talking assures me that some of these players have "huge followings online", i'm out of my depth in understanding this, but it this a bit of a coup for Southampton to be hosting the match?

Good to read that the Saints Foundation get some money from this.

Exactly. Anyone actually know what this is? My brief search online tells me people are coming from all over the place to this game, even from as far as the US.

What the dickens is it? and whose playing?

Basically, bunch of people on YouTube who started making FIFA (the game) videos and posting on line. Got a massive following (talking tens of millions of subscribers) and ultimately joined together to form a big group (Sidemen). As you can imagine, they have a massive audience from all over the word, but particularly UK as they are UK based. Don't think this is just small business, these guys are making £100K+ a year from this, so it is a pretty big deal. They will easily be able to fill the stadium, and I'm sure tickets will / have already sold out very fast.

As for the testimonial, it's shame the game won't sell out. I think it would be a nice occasion to just see the old players again. If you don't want to go, don't go - simple as that!

Basically, bunch of people on YouTube who started making FIFA (the game) videos and posting on line. Got a massive following (talking tens of millions of subscribers) and ultimately joined together to form a big group (Sidemen). As you can imagine, they have a massive audience from all over the word, but particularly UK as they are UK based. Don't think this is just small business, these guys are making £100K+ a year from this, so it is a pretty big deal. They will easily be able to fill the stadium, and I'm sure tickets will / have already sold out very fast.

As for the testimonial, it's shame the game won't sell out. I think it would be a nice occasion to just see the old players again. If you don't want to go, don't go - simple as that!

What's the world coming to where a bunch of social media hobbyists playing glorified Pong (FIFA) on their PS4 or Xbox One can sell out a real football stadium; whereas a real footballer struggles to fill a third of it. Next thing Battlefield/CoD players will be taking on ISIS.

the 17 year old i was talking assures me that some of these players have "huge followings online", i'm out of my depth in understanding this, but it this a bit of a coup for Southampton to be hosting the match?

Good to read that the Saints Foundation get some money from this.

Having been updated by a young person, they have sold out of the 13,000 tickets they offered up, once they go over that number, the Police and their costs get involved and the road outside SMS then enters the necessity to be closed. My Daughter was a bit miffed as she wanted to go and missed the announcement before it was too late.

Having been updated by a young person, they have sold out of the 13,000 tickets they offered up, once they go over that number, the Police and their costs get involved and the road outside SMS then enters the necessity to be closed. My Daughter was a bit miffed as she wanted to go and missed the announcement before it was too late.

Yep, they have sold the Itchen and most of the Chapel.

Some of the people further up this thread are showing their age a bit. A lot of the people playing started off online gaming but have branched out to do sketches, music and all sorts. KSI is probably one of the most famous people in the country among kids. Has over 12 million youtube subscribers, makes millions, drives a Lamborghini. Fair play to the lot of them.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

Striker Lee Barnard is the latest name confirmed for the Promotions Eleven at #SKD10! #saintsfc

Goalkeeper @1BartMan1 will join Lee Barnard at #SKD10 as part of the Promotions Eleven! #saintsfc

Striker Lee Barnard is the latest name confirmed for the Promotions Eleven at #SKD10! #saintsfc

Goalkeeper @1BartMan1 will join Lee Barnard at #SKD10 as part of the Promotions Eleven! #saintsfc

He's short, he's hard, he's wanted by Scotland yard Lee Barnard?

Yep, they have sold the Itchen and most of the Chapel.

Some of the people further up this thread are showing their age a bit. A lot of the people playing started off online gaming but have branched out to do sketches, music and all sorts. KSI is probably one of the most famous people in the country among kids. Has over 12 million youtube subscribers, makes millions, drives a Lamborghini. Fair play to the lot of them.

How exactly do they make money from uploading video clips of a computer game. I'm not doubting they do just don't know how!