EX Saints 11

Manager Nigel Adkins

Goalkeeper; Boroc or Bart

Left Back; Shaw, Harding or Fox

Centre Halfs; Hooveild, Jahidi,

Right Back; Clyne, Butterfiled or Richardson

Strikers; Guly, Papa waigo, Billy Sharp, David Commolly, Lambert

Could be a funny old night

My promotions 11: Davis (obviously), Butterfield, Hooveild, Jahidi, Harding, Cork, Scheiderlin, Hammond, Waigo, Sharp, Lambert.

Left Lallana out as I don't think he's on particularly good terms with the club and Fonte would probably be playing for the actual Saints team so I left him out.

Good news though, can't wait!

Wonder if Fonte will line up as Saints or the Promotion XI?

Can't see Lallana being there and I kind of hope he won't be, mainly because people will spend all game shouting him down, when it should be about KD.

Promotional XI guesses?

------------------Bialkowski----------------

----Richardson--Jaidi--Hooiveld--Fox-----

-----Cork---Hammond--Schneiderlin------

----------Guly----Lambert------Ox------

Subs;

Forecast , Martin, Harding, Chaplow, Connolly, Barnard, Sharp.

Probably missed out someone blatant. Left out Puncheon as he didn't feature much in those seasons.

Seeing a lot about Papa Waigo on Twitter and on here but he never played in the promotion seasons, just the JPT winning one. For me I'm just looking forward to seeing Rickie back at St Mary's properly, and hopefully Nigel Adkins, two of the biggest contributors that never actually got to say goodbye properly.

Papa Waigo should be given an invite. He was top scorer in the JPT and full of energy and passion, even though he was easily the most talentless player to ever pull on the shirt.

My favourite memory of him was him celebrating like he'd scored a goal after we successfully defended an indirect kick in the penalty area in a meaningless match against Carlisle at the end of the season with about 9 men walled up on the goal line.

Actually I would like to see Lallana play. His contribution in the consecutive promotion winning seasons and his commitment to the club at that time was considerable. It will be Kelvin's night but in practical terms if it doubles up as a celebration of those two seasons then Adam was a big part of that no matter how unwisely he may have behaved re Saints since. Life's too short to maintain the bile against him for the manner of his departure, which although very poorly done, for me still doesn't cancel out his overall contribution to the club.

But well done Kelvin - richly deserved.

Judging by the comments on Southampton FC's Facebook post it seems the announcement that it's against a Promotion XI is lost on most people. No Boruc, no Bale, no Walcott, no Lovren, some people even suggesting Pahars. Very much looking forward to this though, will be a good opportunity to give a lot of players a proper farewell.

If we are strictly talking about players who made league appearances in our two promotion seasons, that means the following are eligible (appearances in brackets):

GK: Kelvin Davis (91), Bartosz Bialkowski (1)

DF: Frazer Richardson (54), Dan Harding (36), Ryan Dickson (23), Jose Fonte (85), Danny Butterfield (44), Radhi Jaidi (31), Aaron Martin (18 ), Joseph Mills (2), Dan Seaborne (27), Danny Fox (41), Jos Hooiveld (39)

MF: Morgan Schneiderlin (68 ), Jason Puncheon (23), Guly do Prado (76), Dean Hammond (84), Adam Lallana (77), Lee Holmes (11), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (34), Oscar Gobern (11), Richard Chaplow (58 ), Dany N'Guessan (6), Dale Stephens (6), Paul Wotton (2), Jack Cork (46), Iago Falque (1), Ben Reeves (2), Steve de Ridder (30)

FW: Rickie Lambert (87), Jonathan Forte (11), Lee Barnard (42), David Connolly (41), Nicholas Bignall (3), Billy Sharp (15), Tadanari Lee (7)

Nicholas Bignall (3)

Now he was a blink and you miss him loan signing.

Had to look up where he is now, Gainsborough Trinity. Only 25.

Bet he would jump at the chance to play in the testimonial!

As is customary for this thread. My eleven:

------------------ Rickie --------------------

Guly ----------------------------- De Ridder

---------- Hamster ----- Chaplow ----------

----------------- Morgan --------------------

Harding -- Seaborne -- Jaidi ---- Richardson

--------------- Bart/Kelv --------------------

Edited by Colinjb

Could pick 2 sides out of all those players, perhaps one in each half

Davis

Butterfield Hooiveld Seaborne Fox

Chaplow Hammond Morgan De Ridder

Lambert Connolly

Bart

Richardson Fonte Jaidi Harding

Chamberlain Wotton Cork Holmes

Barnard Guly

If we are strictly talking about players who made league appearances in our two promotion seasons, that means the following are eligible (appearances in brackets):

GK: Kelvin Davis (91), Bartosz Bialkowski (1)

DF: Frazer Richardson (54), Dan Harding (36), Ryan Dickson (23), Jose Fonte (85), Danny Butterfield (44), Radhi Jaidi (31), Aaron Martin (18 ), Joseph Mills (2), Dan Seaborne (27), Danny Fox (41), Jos Hooiveld (39)

MF: Morgan Schneiderlin (68 ), Jason Puncheon (23), Guly do Prado (76), Dean Hammond (84), Adam Lallana (77), Lee Holmes (11), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (34), Oscar Gobern (11), Richard Chaplow (58 ), Dany N'Guessan (6), Dale Stephens (6), Paul Wotton (2), Jack Cork (46), Iago Falque (1), Ben Reeves (2), Steve de Ridder (30)

FW: Rickie Lambert (87), Jonathan Forte (11), Lee Barnard (42), David Connolly (41), Nicholas Bignall (3), Billy Sharp (15), Tadanari Lee (7)

Lee Holmes managed 11 games blimey would never have had it that high.

Useless keeper, great servant.

As supporters we are very quick to slate players for showing no loyalty yet at the same time if our players show loyalty and aren't perfect they also get slated

Not sure you have ever played football but you do get worst as you get older.

I hope Kelvin goes over and boos you

A great servant of the club and I hope he stays on in some capacity

Useless keeper, great servant.

Bit harsh. Suggest that you watch the you tube video. Leeds v Saints in the Championship season. Unbelievable performance that day. Agree that he struggled a bit in the Premier League recently and the less said about his performance v Leicester the better. But a great servant to the club, stuck around after relegation, made a huge contribution to the promotion seasons and a top bloke.

Well deserved testimonial. Hope to be there.

Probably, but i highly doubt Hodgson/his agent will want him to with the Euros coming up.

I don't think there'll be too much of a problem there, with it coming so soon after the end of the season (which I expect is why that particular date was chosen) they should all be able to play some part. Morgan Schneiderlin has pretty much confirmed he'll be playing on his Instagram feed, which suggests there won't be a problem for internationals.

Fully deserved. Will always remember when we were in administration, Kelv was at West Ham's training ground ready to sign for them but was determined to wait a couple of days in the hope we would be saved. Markus arrived and Kelv pulled the plug on the West Ham deal.

Actually I would like to see Lallana play. His contribution in the consecutive promotion winning seasons and his commitment to the club at that time was considerable. It will be Kelvin's night but in practical terms if it doubles up as a celebration of those two seasons then Adam was a big part of that no matter how unwisely he may have behaved re Saints since. Life's too short to maintain the bile against him for the manner of his departure, which although very poorly done, for me still doesn't cancel out his overall contribution to the club.

But well done Kelvin - richly deserved.

Agree with all this

Lallana may not have acted in the right way when he left but, as far as I am concerned, I enjoyed his contribution as a Saint and would be more than happy to let Byegones be Byegones

Who the **** is he?

Never ever ever heard that name before.

Dont get me wrong - I know you will be right, but seriously never heard of this guy

Call yourself a fan? ;)

Think Juanmi, with less talent. Signed in January 2012 and made his debut in that horrible Monday night defeat, at home to Leicester. He touched the ball twice and was subbed at half-time.

Who the **** is he?

Never ever ever heard that name before.

Dont get me wrong - I know you will be right, but seriously never heard of this guy

His 45 minutes in a crap defeat at home to Leicester (goals from Nugent and Matt Mills, FFS) clearly made an impression :lol:

Now at Roma and doing reasonably well for himself, which has come as a surprise to everyone, I think.