Saints v West Ham Build Up - Game now Saturday 6th Feb 1730

St Chalet

Austin's hamstring is my main concern as it seems it was that which has sidelined him this week. His cutting edge is vital already

Watching the WHU game last night on BT, even without Austin we should have enough in us to beat them at SMS. They didn't dominate that game in the way you would expect them to after being 1 man up for the majority of the time. Midfield is all over the shop a lot of the time, no consistency.

Watching the WHU game last night on BT, even without Austin we should have enough in us to beat them at SMS. They didn't dominate that game in the way you would expect them to after being 1 man up for the majority of the time. Midfield is all over the shop a lot of the time, no consistency.

Yea but having someone who can convert difficult or even easy chances is often the difference between one and three points for us this season.

i can see this being quite an open game, think West Ham will be attacking and will fancy it having beaten us a month ago.

Agree with the above Clasie and Davis to come in for me if fully fit - i did think we were disappointing as a front 3 last night - would be tempted to drop Tadic back to the bench.

After all the controversy over West Ham's comments about Austin's injury it will be a shame if he were to then miss this game with a knock - lets hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Should be a good atmosphere at Saturday evening games often are, plus a large away following.

Austin hasn't had much game time so hoping this injury is just a tweak and not anything long lasting as he will be an excellent player to come off the bench for the final 20 minutes until he's fully fit. I think Clasie will come in for Romeu but I think Romeu is a quality player and should stay in the team. I expect Pelle to be picked for this match as well and maybe Long rested.

Austin hasn't had much game time so hoping this injury is just a tweak and not anything long lasting as he will be an excellent player to come off the bench for the final 20 minutes until he's fully fit. I think Clasie will come in for Romeu but I think Romeu is a quality player and should stay in the team. I expect Pelle to be picked for this match as well and maybe Long rested.

Rom was very good yesterday. He has a decent shot but his forward passing was poor at times...

i can see this being quite an open game, think West Ham will be attacking and will fancy it having beaten us a month ago.

Agree with the above Clasie and Davis to come in for me if fully fit - i did think we were disappointing as a front 3 last night - would be tempted to drop Tadic back to the bench.

After all the controversy over West Ham's comments about Austin's injury it will be a shame if he were to then miss this game with a knock - lets hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Should be a good atmosphere at Saturday evening games often are, plus a large away following.

he was clearly instructed not to go forward or to let mane/long run instead. he hardly got beyond bellerin at all. I'd keep him and drop long, who had an absolutely shocking game. winning 3 or 4 headers was about the only notable thing he did. misplaced several passes to arsenal and then there was that one-on-one where the ball bizzarely got tangled in his feet....could easily have been a goal/corner.

I say pelle for long, davis for JWP or keep JWP (either, I think JWP has had a good few games), and lastly clasie in for romeu or wanyama.

-------------------- Forster -----------------------

------- Fonte ------- VvD -------- Bertrand -----

Cedric ------------------------------------ Targett

---------- Wanyama ------ Romeu ---------------

---------------------- Clasie -----------------------

--------- Mane ------------------- Long -----------

Subs: Stek, Yoshida, JWP, Davis, Tadic, Pelle, Austin

The one player we can never seem to deal with is Carroll. Should be an interesting game and reckon West Ham will hit us on the break several times.

Hopefully Austin's back as has been said. His clinical finishing could prove the difference with Forster between the sticks.

It's too bad that they keep changing the dates of matches at short notice - this has already been moved once, hasn't it? Fortunately the ferries available meant I get back late tomorrow, but I had been thinking of an extra day or two of holiday with the Monday game.

Either way, moan over, thanks for posting.

This is going to be an incredibly tough game. Looked at their form and they've only lost 1 from their last 10 league games.

Their injury list is slowly reducing and what begrudgingly impressed me was their ability to grind results results out even without key players.

Their right-hand side might be a weakness with Jenkinson and now Byram out, so maybe we will target that.

Will need to keep a close eye on Payet, I think he's been outstanding.

Dream scenario : Austin scores the winner, but think it might be a draw.

---------- Wanyama ------ Clasie ---------------

---------------------- Davis -----------------------

--------- Mane ------------------- Pelle -----------

Subs: Stek, Yoshida, JWP, Romeu, Tadic, Long, Austin

If Davis still not fit, would start with Tadic instead.

The one player we can never seem to deal with is Carroll. Should be an interesting game and reckon West Ham will hit us on the break several times.

Hopefully Austin's back as has been said. His clinical finishing could prove the difference with Forster between the sticks.

Carroll is back from injury?

There you go Carroll recovers faster than expected from his injury so he can face saints. No doubt after scoring against us he will then trip over a small stone head backing to the west ham team coach, after the game, and be out for the rest of the season.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3431371/West-Ham-striker-Andy-Carroll-fit-face-Southampton-Sam-Byram-misses-out.html

--------- Mane ------------------- Long -----------

Subs: Stek, Yoshida, JWP, Davis, Tadic, Pelle, Austin

Like this but with Austin in for Long. Might even try Mane in place of Clasie, and move Clasie into Romeu's place. See what happens with Mane, Austin, and Long on the field together.

--------- Austin ------------------- Mane -----------

Romeu should start over Clasie (if Davis is fit to play in front of Wanyama and Romeu). Romeu was class on Tuesday and he can last more than 70 minutes.

Nice to have the choice.

West Ham will be quite physical in the middle with Song & Kouyate in their midfield.

Romeu should start over Clasie (if Davis is fit to play in front of Wanyama and Romeu). Romeu was class on Tuesday and he can last more than 70 minutes.

Hmm for me clasie as OR put in a shift but I personally think clasie has a better eye for a final ball and didn't put in a shift a few days ago - we have options why not use them.

My father in law is a West Ham supporter. He constantly chats shît to me about how great this player of that player is. I've never heard of most of them. Always tells me that Mark Nobel should be in the England squad and that Adrian is the best keeper in the league.

I hope we smash them to bits.

I've got quite a few West Ham mates, so big game for me personally. Noble should be in the England squad, Carroll is amazing, Payet is better than Ozil, Song is the best DM in the league,and they have the best fans in the world.....

I have a few mates who are Hammer fans too. We only tend to consistently agree on one thing.... Spurs and their fans are a horrible horrible lot.