Koeman and Wenger post-match 'bust-up' in the tunnel

Saint-Armstrong

Koeman and Wenger in tunnel bust-up: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-involved-tunnel-bust-7297928

Gunners boss Wenger confronted referee Lee Mason and accused him of missing a string of decisions during Arsenal’s frustrating stalemate.

Wenger said: “It’s always the same with you.”

Koeman then saw the exchange and confronted Wenger before replying: “It’s always the same with you.”

:lol:

Go on Ron!

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

True story though, it's always someone elses fault according to Wenger. It's the same old Arsenal, people were getting excited thinking this was their best chance etc etc, but the reality is that they're exactly the same as they have been for the last 6 seasons. They'll finish top 4, but they don't have the punch to finish at the top. Too weak through the central area physically and mentally. I think everyone can see what they need, I can only imagine how Arsenal fans must feel.

"Whinging Wenger ":mcinnes: ..........even without Forster's fantastic show, Arsenal still had enough chances to have won comfortably.

If Wenger is looking for the real reason they " dropped " two points , maybe he should have them stand in front of a mirror this morning.

Apparently Ron made this point to Wenger at the time: "And it's always the same with you. You had 10 chances and didn't take any of them"

Problem is, the fans and the board believe it too, which is why he's held on to the job despite underperforming for 10 years.

Without trying to justify his complaining, has he really underperformed. Making the Champions League every year is not easy and with all the money Chelsea, Manchester United, and (more recently) Manchester City had to spend this past decade did Arsenal really have a chance to win? Is there some potentially available manager who would have been highly likely to do better. Color me skeptical.

Arsenal are pretty but frail, they crack up every Jan/Feb. They need Wanyama, he would toughen up their attitude. I reckon Wenger knows this and will bid for him...£30m please

I doubt it they've been linked with victor and before that Morgan and never made a bid for either. Wenger seems to prefer our young boys when shopping at saints.

Edited by doddisalegend

I doubt it they've linked with victor and before that Morgan and never made a bid for either. Wenger seems to prefer our young boys when shopping at saints.

Yes, but our young boys were all on his bench and while they sat there watching Wanyama was dominating the midfield

Without trying to justify his complaining, has he really underperformed. Making the Champions League every year is not easy and with all the money Chelsea, Manchester United, and (more recently) Manchester City had to spend this past decade did Arsenal really have a chance to win? Is there some potentially available manager who would have been highly likely to do better. Color me skeptical.

Arsenal often win the imaginary Calendar Year Trophy (which Wenger even lauds) - they just can't sustain their performances throughout a league season. Whilst 'Peak Arsenal' can be achieved at any time of the season, they reserve these sort of results for the new year to end their chance at the league title, then get knocked out of the first round of the Champions League (mostly because they messed up the group stage and came second). Then, once the pressure's off, they go on a run towards the end of the season to secure Champions League football for next season.

The board are happy with this because it keeps the money coming in and the financial difference in winning trophies is minimal.

Wenger is a good manager but everyone can see the weaknesses in the team, squad and club that he seems blind to. There's no doubt he has underperformed and continues to fail without learning, season after season. Money isn't preventing him addressing those weaknesses (it's ignorance and naivety) - Spurs and Leicester spend less on wages combined and they're above Arsenal in the table!

Arsenal make so many more millions per match than the rest of us, if Wenger strengthened every January then they might actually win the thing. Its like he believes the Premiership is a competition based around "Savings Accounts"?

Agree, every single person knows they need a striker and defensive midfielder for the last few years but he refuses to spend big money.

In the summer he said he didn't need a striker even though he knew welbeck was injured before the transfer window closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, every single person knows they need a striker and defensive midfielder for the last few years but he refuses to spend big money.

In the summer he said he didn't need a striker even though he knew welbeck was injured before the transfer window closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He spent years saying he didn't need a decent keeper. Suddenly has Cech and they are right up there.

He spent years saying he didn't need a decent keeper. Suddenly has Cech and they are right up there.

They're not any better off than they usually are at this stage though. They've just had a crappy Utd and Chelsea side, which has made their position look a little more comfortable.

They're not going to win the league, City will, probably 10 points ahead. They just don't have the mentality when the pressure is on, it's the same every year.

They're not any better off than they usually are at this stage though. They've just had a crappy Utd and Chelsea side, which has made their position look a little more comfortable.

They're not going to win the league, City will, probably 10 points ahead. They just don't have the mentality when the pressure is on, it's the same every year.

I still think it'll be Spurs, the one team that no one is paying any attention to.

Leicester - "shouldn't be up there", so all eyes on them

Man City - Pep coming in, all eyes already on them

Arsenal - eyes on them as they're expected to win

Man Utd - eyes on them as Van Gaal is guff

Liverpool and Chelsea are nowhere, leaving Spurs, who have only lost 3 matches all season, to quietly get on with business.

I still think it'll be Spurs, the one team that no one is paying any attention to.

Leicester - "shouldn't be up there", so all eyes on them

Man City - Pep coming in, all eyes already on them

Arsenal - eyes on them as they're expected to win

Man Utd - eyes on them as Van Gaal is guff

Liverpool and Chelsea are nowhere, leaving Spurs, who have only lost 3 matches all season, to quietly get on with business.

Spurs do look excellent, they're nailed for a top 4 in my opinion - but they will mount a challenge for sure. I like their spine and how they play, i say it with gritted teeth though!