Hampshire CCC 2016 Season thread.

Window Cleaner

I have some information which shows they did try to buy success in playing wages they could not afford. Had they taken the right steps they might not have had such a strong team. I am also aware of an offer to help them out with reorganising the International fixture which they turned down. I feel sorry for the players and the supporters but the club has been financially mismanaged and the ECB have not helped in the past.

As for Hampshire staying up, the ECB have made the right decision. Kent knew only 1 up. They were not affected by Durham mismanagement. We are other counties in the 1st Division may have been

Bransgrove may shoot from the hip but lets not forget he put millions into the club to get them to this stage. They now have a stable financial situation and a promising future. One other thing. He does not interfere with the playing side. He has Director of Cricket and Coaches for that but they are ultimately responsible to the Cricket Board. He was a little surprised Wheater was allowed to go back to Essex before the end of the season but did not interfere.

Thanks Weston, interesting information. Wheater was a surprise but with Ervine and McLaren's late season form it didn't cost us. 1,2,3 in the order cost us all season and the season before. With Adams retiring I'd think and Carberry sadly ill, it's a chance to build a brand new top order that can compete in D1 so we have some chance of staying up. Smith has never been comfortable against D1 bowling, if we'd been relegated he might have been worth keeping but not now.

Middle order has Ervine, Alsop learning his game, McManus earning as wk/bat, Wetherill, Berg - less concerned by that. Tommo leaves some free wages on the bowling to add penetration alongside Wheal and hopefully no more injuries for Topley and Stevenson.

Giles White's recent track record on recruitment leaves a lot to be desired - one hopes the Cricket Board will act.

I have some information which shows they did try to buy success in playing wages they could not afford. Had they taken the right steps they might not have had such a strong team. I am also aware of an offer to help them out with reorganising the International fixture which they turned down. I feel sorry for the players and the supporters but the club has been financially mismanaged and the ECB have not helped in the past.

As for Hampshire staying up, the ECB have made the right decision. Kent knew only 1 up. They were not affected by Durham mismanagement. We are other counties in the 1st Division may have been

Bransgrove may shoot from the hip but lets not forget he put millions into the club to get them to this stage. They now have a stable financial situation and a promising future. One other thing. He does not interfere with the playing side. He has Director of Cricket and Coaches for that but they are ultimately responsible to the Cricket Board. He was a little surprised Wheater was allowed to go back to Essex before the end of the season but did not interfere.

Don't have a problem with what Brangsgrove did to save Hampshire. Have no problem with how he conducts and his involvement with team affairs. I can only comment on how I perceived what he said just days after Durham had been relegated. I thought it lacked class. I guess we are all different, and perceive things differently. I thought it was embarrassing, and not something I would want associated with the team I have loved for 36 years, but I realise others will disagree. Hampshire C.C has meant a lot to me over the years.

Looks like Kent are to challenge decision of us not them starting next year in division 1.

I can't see that they'll be successful as they've known all along that only 1 team is to be promoted this year. They haven't been at a disadvantage, unlike us, due to Durham's miss management.

Looks like Kent are to challenge decision of us not them starting next year in division 1.

I can't see that they'll be successful as they've known all along that only 1 team is to be promoted this year. They haven't been at a disadvantage, unlike us, due to Durham's miss management.

I'd love to see what their argument is because at the minute I don't see one

Imagine if the boot was on the other foot. If Essex were denied promotion because of financial issues, we would all surely think that promotion be awarded to Kent instead of us given a reprieve

I'd love to see what their argument is because at the minute I don't see one

Imagine if the boot was on the other foot. If Essex were denied promotion because of financial issues, we would all surely think that promotion be awarded to Kent instead of us given a reprieve

I think their argument is "Waah! waah! waah! It's not fair! We want to go up even though we finished second."

Arguments for Hants staying up:

- Consistent with 1 up, 2 down

- If Durham were deducted 50 points putting them second from bottom, there would be no argument about them and Notts going down.

- Teams in Div. 1 potentially suffered, Hants in particular, from Durham not living within their means. It had no effect on Div. 2 teams.

- In all sports when a team is punished with relegation (either from points deduction or directly), a team in the same division is always reprieved, never one from below benefitting. Juventus as one example.

- As noted above, if Essex had been punished Kent would have (rightly) benefitted.

Arguments for Kent going up instead of Hants staying up:

Edited by Dark Munster