• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Romeu
    • Austin
    • Ward-Prowse

Five clean sheets in a row. Now just two points off of the European spots.

Over to you...

Oi, my thread was created one minute before yours!!!!!!!!

Excellent, 5 clean sheets in a row.

FF yet to concede a goal this season.

Outstanding display by all our players today; except, perhaps, ne moment of madness by you know who.....

I thought Wanyama was unlucky to get red.

His reputation got him that.

Clottenberg initially went to his back pocket for his yellow card, and then decided to pull out the red.

The worst tackle of the game was committed by Byrom towards the end on Bertrand. Nasty, over the top of the ball and downwards on to Bertrand's instep.

Bertrand made little of it, but if any tackle in the game warranted a red card, it was that one.

Well-fought win, despite some questionable choices from an impressionable referee.

As good as we were in defence... West Ham were awful going forward. Valencia looked vaguely dangerous but otherwise very little to threaten - Yoshida and Cedric has better shots on our goal than West Ham did in the second half. Payet was poor by his standards, Song was poor by anybody's standards, Carroll was absolutely dominated by Virgil and Jose, and their crossing all around was awful. Think we got a bit lucky to get the three points here, but I'm sure glad we did.

Incredible defensive display in the 2nd half - FF didn't have to make a save coz the defence was so good.

Was clearly not a red card for Wanyama, but still a stupid tackle. Ruined the game as a spectacle for the neutral, but right now I don't care!

Magnificent defensive stand by Saints. That will really boost confidence for next few games. If you can beat the team ahead of you in the league with one less player... that really shows your quality. And I'm getting more and more excited by our newer players. Clasie and Romeu and Cedric are just getting better and better with each passing game. Add in VVD and you can see why we now may be headed to do better than last season. If Austin comes good, and we get JRod back, then even the seeming loss of confidence of Pelle won't hurt us. Europa here we come!

Trust the anti Yoshi band are posting apologies?? Doubt it somehow! He is a very good squad player, not the first choice but does his job when needed. What better player would be happy to be reserve squad player?

Also, those attaching VW - it was never a red in a million years - yellow for sure but not red - no contact and looked bad on a very slippery wet pitch. And if that was a red, what about the WH player that tackled from the back and made heavy contact - how is that not a red from the same ref???

That shouldn't have been as hard as it was but what a big win!

Wanyama's moronic red did change the game in a sense, because it spurred the crowd and team on. We might have fallen totally to sleep otherwise.

Edited by DuncanRG

Great defensive display. VVD motm. Wanyama out for 5 games.

I doubt Vic will serve that. We are certain to appeal because that was clearly not worthy of a straight red. Payet made a massive meal out of very little contact, he clearly tried to get the ball and it wasn't a dangerous tackle imo. I'm confident we would win an appeal for it.

From KUMB

No positives at all i and will have to put up with all those scummy ***** who come out of the woodwork when they beat us. Hate them , hate thier club , hate anything to do with dirty puss ridden city.

Goes back to the Championship and their lofty opinion of the football they apparently play whilst whinging about every little thing.

Southampton didn't look great

I'm totally ****ed off

I hate Southampton

that utter tosser Shane Long was taunting me on the screen with every light tumble and late challenge

It's frustrating because even when they had 11, Southampton weren't much cop

they're not a quality side at all. They're incredibly average.

Southampton are not quality, they're the worst team we've lost to in ages. One lucky goal and then they put seven men inside the 18 yard box, and then lump it wide or to Pelle. Very average. Koeman is the Dutch Allardyce if that game was anything to go by.

For balance, not all of them are morons

This Southampton is a quality side on great form who we were matching even up to the sending off. Yes not some wonderful performances but Southampton defended fantastically.

Clean sheets are becoming our speciality. Cédric in particular has really stepped up.

He really has; and so has Clasie - both of them look like they belong in the Prem. I thought The Arsenal draw was gutsy stuff but that second half was even more impressive. What a performance from Van Dijk; supreme in the air; effective in the tackle and time and again brought the ball out of defence with strong runs. Thought Romeu was exceptional in that last 30 minutes, and what a run and touch for Austin at the death. Special mention for Yoshida who cops a lot of flak but showed again he can do a job in a game like tonight.

lol those guys are morons. We were the better side overall, shame we didn't really press on when on top first half, we sat back after the goal, but still looked far more dangerous than they did.

They are a good side, but they look overly reliant on Payet (who was basically in Wanyamas pocket until that one incident with the tackle) and their defence on really works by bullying people, when they get a bit of bite back which Long and Pelle did, Collins and Reid don't look so good IMO.

Plus even with Clattenberg trying to give them a leg up, they still looked average going forward.

Would be nice to finish above them and Liverpool, maybe catch utd.