Florin Gardos

JackFrost

Club have been very quiet on his recovery since day 1. Came back, then supposedly got injured again. I think local media reported knee injury but I don't recall anything from Saints directly. Maybe he's just struggling to get fit enough to play a u23 game but just seems odd to me

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

think this is about right. Being " fit enough to train " is nowhere near the same as.... "being match fit ".... especially for a Prem. club.

After such a long lay-off, I guess there's no hurry to rush him back into the side, and until he shows up better than VvD or Fonte, he's better off where he is.

think this is about right. Being " fit enough to train " is nowhere near the same as.... "being match fit ".... especially for a Prem. club.

After such a long lay-off, I guess there's no hurry to rush him back into the side, and until he shows up better than VvD or Fonte, he's better off where he is.

But of an odd thing to say. Surely the level to be better than is Yoshida or indeed Yoshida's understudy should. Anyone get injured that we don't appear to have.

But of an odd thing to say. Surely the level to be better than is Yoshida or indeed Yoshida's understudy should. Anyone get injured that we don't appear to have.

after all this time,

I'm sure he'd like to play regularly, otherwise why did he come in the first place?. Unfortunately almost 2 seasons gone and (sadly) he's been injured far too much.

Can someone with an English degree please translate the above.

I have an American law degree but I think it means that he should strive to be our 4th best central defender because that would get him on the bench in some games and he might play when there are enough injuries. Presumably, this is his first target. He should eventually strive to be our best central defender and then get sold to Liverpool.

I have an American law degree but I think it means that he should strive to be our 4th best central defender because that would get him on the bench in some games and he might play when there are enough injuries. Presumably, this is his first target. He should eventually strive to be our best central defender and then get sold to Liverpool.

....you might also get some extra work as a translator for people with dyslexia.......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Can add him to the forren signing as a real head scratcher.

I disagree with most people about the Forren signing. I put it in the same camp as the Caceres one. It was insurance (aka cover) to what we had.

Gardos, a Romanian international, seemed a perfectly normal signing. Of course injuries have been his problem, as well as Fonte, Alderweireld

I saw him play a few times in his first season and he always looked okay to me, not amazing but decent, and we got some good results with him in the side. Obviously then he had some bad injuries but it is hard to understand why he has never got a chance since then

I assume Bednarek will folllow him out after an appropriate interval. In spite of some of the big profits we get, selling players to Liverpool, we do seem to fritter away a lot of it on fringe squad players who never look likely to make the grade.

I assume Bednarek will folllow him out after an appropriate interval. In spite of some of the big profits we get, selling players to Liverpool, we do seem to fritter away a lot of it on fringe squad players who never look likely to make the grade.

We've ****ed away quite a bit with Forren, Gardos, Bednerek. Not to metion the failed signings of Classie, Osvaldo, Ramerez, Mayuka etc.

We've ****ed away quite a bit with Forren, Gardos, Bednerek. Not to metion the failed signings of Classie, Osvaldo, Ramerez, Mayuka etc.

Crikey, I had forgotten all about him. Just had to Google him to remind myself, and check out what he looks like now...

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/257552/emmanuel-mayuka-fat-egypt/

Mayuka.JPG

Forren never really cost us much, we allegedly got back most of what we paid (not all but most). Bednarek will be OK in a couple of years, he is only 21 ish. Gardens wasn't a mistake, but his career was ruined by injury. He's also a very decent bloke and did more than most to acclimatise and make Southampton his home. Wish him good luck in the future, hopefully if will find a decent club probably back in Romania. Pied too, decent player, limited but always gave everything when he was asked.

Forren, I think I read on here, had some personal issues and wanted to go back to Norway.

Gardos was a decent enough signing and a pretty reasonable price for our 3rd/4th choice CB. Did a job when needed, just that knee injury which did for him.

Bednarek I thought was one for the future but without replacing Virgil he's going to be in the squad a lot.

Clasie was a Koeman signing and we will probably get some of our money back.

Osvaldo was a Cortese/Poch ego trip and doomed from day 1. Ridiculous signing.

Ramirez wasn't great but did score 5/6 goals I think, which arguably helped keep us up (would probably make him this season's top scorer).

Mayuka was cheap and worth a punt. He was quick and direct, could have been another Mane. Worth a try.

Forren, I think I read on here, had some personal issues and wanted to go back to Norway.

Gardos was a decent enough signing and a pretty reasonable price for our 3rd/4th choice CB. Did a job when needed, just that knee injury which did for him.

Bednarek I thought was one for the future but without replacing Virgil he's going to be in the squad a lot.

Clasie was a Koeman signing and we will probably get some of our money back.

Osvaldo was a Cortese/Poch ego trip and doomed from day 1. Ridiculous signing.

Ramirez wasn't great but did score 5/6 goals I think, which arguably helped keep us up (would probably make him this season's top scorer).

Mayuka was cheap and worth a punt. He was quick and direct, could have been another Mane. Worth a try.

True enough, we've had more success stories than failures.

Great news.

His limitations have nothing to do with his injury at all.

I appreciate Centre-backs aren’t going to be the most technically gifted, however for an international footballer to not be able to use both feet is worrying. Added to that, he has the turning circle of the moon.

One good performance at OT isn’t much to rave about.

Strange criticism of him on here. He's a lot more of a Saints type player than Osvaldo or Cacares ever were, it's just not the same bracket.

Unknown international player coming from abroad - exactly the type that can flourish. He didn't, but it doesn't mean our scouting team is down the pan since Mitchell left.

End of the day it's exactly the kind of **** signings like Juanmi, Gardos, Elia, Clasie etc. that we get some golden ones in Hojbjerg, Romeu, Lemina, Cedric etc.

The only thing to say is that the profile of the successful ones was arguably a lot higher than the flops, pre signing.

The Echo was only speculating about the futures of Gardos and Pied. Still time for both to be offered new contracts unless they really want out and the club see absolutely no future for them here.

Gardos is one of those very unlucky players who seem to pick up serious injuries but are unable to make a full recovery. It could be partly in his head of course being subconsciously unwilling to go 100% into situations where another similar injury might result. Whatever, we should feel sorry for him for a stalled career and a worrying future after he leaves. OK if we are to believe The Echo - and there is no reason why we should - he was paid reasonably well by footballing standards but not so well that he has secured his future if forced out of the game.

I cannot believe we will let Jeremy Pied go, we need a new CB not new full backs and with our level of competence in transfer windows it will be hard enough to get more than one player in during the summer whatever our needs or manager's wishes. Apart from that he is a damn good player if he can avoid injury.

The Echo was only speculating about the futures of Gardos and Pied. Still time for both to be offered new contracts unless they really want out and the club see absolutely no future for them here.

Gardos is one of those very unlucky players who seem to pick up serious injuries but are unable to make a full recovery. It could be partly in his head of course being subconsciously unwilling to go 100% into situations where another similar injury might result. Whatever, we should feel sorry for him for a stalled career and a worrying future after he leaves. OK if we are to believe The Echo - and there is no reason why we should - he was paid reasonably well by footballing standards but not so well that he has secured his future if forced out of the game.

I cannot believe we will let Jeremy Pied go, we need a new CB not new full backs and with our level of competence in transfer windows it will be hard enough to get more than one player in during the summer whatever our needs or manager's wishes. Apart from that he is a damn good player if he can avoid injury.

Secured his future? Financially he should be able to secure the future of his home town. He also doesn't come across as someone who'll spunk his cash up the wall so I believe he will be sorted. He might even get back to playing football too but as you've said it's likely the injury affected him mentally more than physically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...