Season tickets prices

Clunge

Fair play to Sunderland.

This will be the first time in 15 years I won't be renewing my season tickets. Not because of the prices but because I am now in a different country!

However I may buy season tickets for both Roma and Lazio. Which in total will cost me £45 for a Lazio season ticket and £73 for a Roma one. So just over £100. Which makes the PL prices look even more pathetic.

It is about time PL clubs started dropping their prices. Not freezing them or raising them.

However I may buy season tickets for both Roma and Lazio. Which in total will cost me £45 for a Lazio season ticket and £73 for a Roma one..

So how much were they paying last season if they're staying away this time because of a hike in ST prices? :scared:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/lazio/story/2601214/lazio-fans-stay-away-after-season-ticket-price-hike

I think someone's given you some duff information about cost of season tickets there, cheapest adult ST prices in Italy generally vary between £100-£200. Still bleedin' dirt cheap, mind!

So how much were they paying last season if they're staying away this time because of a hike in ST prices? :scared:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/lazio/story/2601214/lazio-fans-stay-away-after-season-ticket-price-hike

I think someone's given you some duff information about cost of season tickets there, cheapest adult ST prices in Italy generally vary between £100-£200. Still bleedin' dirt cheap, mind!

Sorry I meant to say £150 but couldn't edit it. I get a discount as the company I work for is a sponsor at the stadium.

These are the official costs for season tickets

10ygw8o.jpg

£190 for Lazio and £240 for Roma. That also includes all cup/Europe games too. Considering my one at Saints cost me around £730 I can buy those 2 and still have near enough £300 in my pocket.

Naturally the Italians are very passionate about their football. Fair play to them for standing up to price hikes. We need to do the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Fair play to Sunderland.

This will be the first time in 15 years I won't be renewing my season tickets. Not because of the prices but because I am now in a different country!

However I may buy season tickets for both Roma and Lazio. Which in total will cost me £45 for a Lazio season ticket and £73 for a Roma one. So just over £100. Which makes the PL prices look even more pathetic.

It is about time PL clubs started dropping their prices. Not freezing them or raising them.

When you think about it. £35+ for a bog standard game is a fecking joke

Block 34 is £38 tomorrow when it was League 1 and Champ it was same as Northam £33 tomorrow block 35/36 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disgusting prices. £38 at home to Sunderland.

No wonder SMS scrapes a sell out these days

Agree. Just sad when "getting it perfectly right" means those prices

How is it "sad", when the club is trying to maximise income without alienating the fanbase and that's what fans have shown they're prepared to pay?

How is it "sad", when the club is trying to maximise income without alienating the fanbase and that's what fans have shown they're prepared to pay?

The more well off fans.

I know of plenty who just can't justify going any more with their own commitments etc

I find it sad and very MLG-esq that you can't see a problem with the price of football in the country and even, SFC

Usually I'd blindly get my season ticket no matter the price , Next season will be my first where I'm seriously considering not renewing unless it goes down ! I can't really justify it anymore either.

The more well off fans.

I know of plenty who just can't justify going any more with their own commitments etc

I find it sad and very MLG-esq that you can't see a problem with the price of football in the country and even, SFC

I don't see why people think they have a right to go to football matches - it's non-essential entertainment (and I say that as someone who probably goes to about 30-40 matches a year because I feel I have to - because I also didn't HAVE to do that some years when I was doing other things).

The cheaper the tickets are, the more people will want to go, and the less likely those with lower incomes are to get tickets anyway because inevitably those with the most money will just go to more matches in the long run and either end up earning or directly pay for priority. If that kind of scheme doesn't exist, people just complain about ticket allocations.

The argument is totally about people thinking they have some kind of entitlement. I'm in favour of loyalty discounts, but only in the sense that it should allow a fixed timescale for those people with proven loyalty to take up the offer before tickets are sold to someone else at the normal price.

Clubs with empty grounds are the ones with ticket pricing problems, not the ones who just about sell out every game.

Christ, who the hell is happy to lose loyal fans of 20, 30 or 40 years because there is a more affluent fan willing to replace them (whilst we are currently riding high)?

Not really though. If we stop riding high and end up back in the Championship then we'll revert back to those hardcore fans and maintain gates at 25k ish like before.

Yes, it's kind of complacency, but football fans are stupidly loyal, and the fly-by-night affluent Prem fans will easily be replaced by those currently "priced out" should the time come.

Not really though. If we stop riding high and end up back in the Championship then we'll revert back to those hardcore fans and maintain gates at 25k ish like before.

Yes, it's kind of complacency, but football fans are stupidly loyal, and the fly-by-night affluent Prem fans will easily be replaced by those currently "priced out" should the time come.

I'm not so sure. I know quite a few 'hardcore' that only go now and then these days, priced out and watch for free elsewhere. They're getting out of the habit and who's to say they'll suddenly all return on relegation if the day-trippers disappear, even with lower prices.

Next season could be a wake up call for a lot of clubs, I'll hazard a guess that renewals will be down all around the country. I'd also guess that plenty now have a 'tampered' Firestickthingy to watch football, sports, new release films, all for the cost of one ticket for a PL match.

It's not like the match day 'experience' is a draw with regards atmosphere in English grounds these days.

You would be banking on a lot of disaffected fans returning. If the price is right many will be tempted, but once you've 'kicked' the habit the #wemarchon marketing bull**** doesn't pull at the heartstrings anymore.

I'm not so sure. I know quite a few 'hardcore' that only go now and then these days, priced out and watch for free elsewhere. They're getting out of the habit and who's to say they'll suddenly all return on relegation if the day-trippers disappear, even with lower prices.

Next season could be a wake up call for a lot of clubs, I'll hazard a guess that renewals will be down all around the country. I'd also guess that plenty now have a 'tampered' Firestickthingy to watch football, sports, new release films, all for the cost of one ticket for a PL match.

It's not like the match day 'experience' is a draw with regards atmosphere in English grounds these days.

Could not agree more. The price to attend has gone up as the reasons to do so have diminished.

I guess the only counter is that should the team go down, the games are no longer available to watch on the web. That means you dont have to struggle with the decision to spend £50 for a home game including travel (or a whole lot more for an away game) or stream it for nothing.

No one is going to increase prices this summer, so I'm not sure there will be a great change in renewals.

Edited by Chez

You would be banking on a lot of disaffected fans returning. If the price is right many will be tempted, but once you've 'kicked' the habit the #wemarchon marketing bull**** doesn't pull at the heartstrings anymore.

Not really.

You can't stream championship matches for a start.

If Derby, Forest, Sheffield Weds and Leeds can still pull in 25k more or less then why wouldn't we? Villa and Sunderland/Newcastle/Norwich will see gates like that next season too, in the case of the NE teams much more.

In the last five years Championship attendances have held up very well despite the rise of streaming. The total average for the league was about 17k five years ago and it still is.

There is not one good reason we couldn't see gates of 25k at least in the Championship.

Why on earth you think we are a special case I don't know.

Edited by CB Fry