• Romeu
    • Clasie
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Soares
    • Austin
    • Yoshida

Saints win, again. Saints keep a clean sheet, again. Six games in a row without conceding.

We're now up to 6th in the table, and one point behind Manchester United in 5th. Seven points behind Manchester City in 4th.

Shane Long with the only goal this time, which goes down as his 6th league goal of the season.

Thought Saints did a job on Swansea today. Looked compact, tidy and got our goal and then defended well. A proper away day performance. :D

Over to you...

Excellent win even if we didn't really click in attack.

Davis looked much better in central midfield - should always start in there when fit. Lovely pass to Cedric who ironically made the kind of run Davis hadn't.

Long played well and the goal will help him as they had dried up a bit for him since Arsenal.

Romeu and Clasie good and all CBs excellent.

Only slight frustration for me was Pelle - didn't play well.

5th or 6th is up for grabs this season.

great win

thought the initial set up was not that good, was a dull first half.

Much better with Cedric on the right.

Long surely has made Pelle a fixture on the bench. He is a much better 'target man'.

VvD was a beast

Rom, Clasie, JwP were good.

Long my MoM closely followed by VvD

Extremely solid defensively excluding Yoshida's moment of clumsiness late on.

We lacked enough attacking intent at times though.

No doubt Pelle will come in for some stick. Personally thought he was much better 2nd half linking with Long.

I was screaming for Mane to come on but just then a corking ball into the box from JWP and a nice header from long.

Excellent win - have to say that our style has disappeared. We are a boring side to watch - but 6 clean sheets in a row can't be argued against. Where would we be in the table if Forster had been fit all season? Listening to him on NBC he was immense the way he organized the back line.

Romeu will be some player for us as will Clasie. JWP was excellent today, Virgil was a steal and is at least as good as Toby (how many headers does Virgil lose, if any?).

Hopefully we can really push on for a top 5 finish which would be astonishing after our long, terrible run.

A season that looked like it was petering out into a complete nothingness is now all about getting into Europe again.

Forget last time, let's qualify again and let's do it properly next season.

Well done to Koeman for turning it around and lifting us out of that slump, too. Some doubted if he would.

And by finishing 5th or 6th (depending on the cup winners) we may not have to go through the qualifying rounds this time

Toby was and is very good of course, but I wonder how many Saints fans would want to trade him for VVD at this point given the chance.

Tough one, I'd say Aldeweireld has proven himself to be the best in the Prem and probably one of the best in the world. However Van Dijk has another two years on him. I'd probably stick.

Playing devils advocate, in the last two games Austin has had Shane Long in a fantastic position but has shot from a stupid angle with a player in the way - not a fan of that. Possible reason he's being left on the bench for now?

Ridiculous decision for him to try and shoot towards the end, would have been a much more comfortable last few minutes with a second.

Never expected us to lose today so very happy with the win. As others have said we did a proper job on Swansea today, decent away performance soaking up the pressure and them hitting them with a sucker punch. Onwards and upwards we go.

We are averaging the least amount of shots on our goal and most shots we do concede are speculative ones at best. Van Dijk has been absolutely fantastic and for me just pips Clasie as the motm. He is the perfect sweeper type cb and he is nearly as good as SRL in the air.

The only place we aren't clicking atm is up front, but people need to realise if you are concentrating more on defense then you will sacrifice some attacking flair.

I was disappointed with Pelle today but he really doesn't look match fit atm. Austin is so much more mobile and has some good pace. I'd like to see him start against Chelsea.

Romeu once again showing us that Wanyama isn't going to be a big miss. He was very highly rated at Chelsea when he was younger but had a big injury. He's building back up to being that player again.

On a side note, today's win lifts Ronald Koeman onto the 100 point mark as Saints boss. Some going.

Not even 2 full seasons into his reign either, brilliant stat and a great feeling, espicially as a fan whose first experience of supporting us was annual relegation battles!

Playing devils advocate, in the last two games Austin has had Shane Long in a fantastic position but has shot from a stupid angle with a player in the way - not a fan of that. Possible reason he's being left on the bench for now?

Nah, the opposite. He's desperate to score because he's new and been sat on the bench.

Ridiculous decision for him to try and shoot towards the end, would have been a much more comfortable last few minutes with a second.

Never expected us to lose today so very happy with the win. As others have said we did a proper job on Swansea today, decent away performance soaking up the pressure and them hitting them with a sucker punch. Onwards and upwards we go.

Pretty sure it was a cross towards Long that bounced off the defender??