• Romeu
    • Clasie
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Soares
    • Austin
    • Yoshida

As much as I love VVD, I'd rather have Toby. He's been the best CB in the whole league so far this season.

I'd have both . A back 3 with those 2 & Fonte , with Bertrand at left wing back would be unbeatable .

Great result . 2 home games , & sandwiched between Boscombe away , gives us a great chance of keeping the run going

We are averaging the least amount of shots on our goal and most shots we do concede are speculative ones at best. Van Dijk has been absolutely fantastic and for me just pips Clasie as the motm. He is the perfect sweeper type cb and he is nearly as good as SRL in the air.

The only place we aren't clicking atm is up front, but people need to realise if you are concentrating more on defense then you will sacrifice some attacking flair.

I was disappointed with Pelle today but he really doesn't look match fit atm. Austin is so much more mobile and has some good pace. I'd like to see him start against Chelsea.

Romeu once again showing us that Wanyama isn't going to be a big miss. He was very highly rated at Chelsea when he was younger but had a big injury. He's building back up to being that player again.

I'm a big fan of Romeu and I'd be quite happy to see him ahead of Wanyama in the pecking order.

This time a month ago we were a point ahead of Norwich and 7 behind Palace. It's shocking how quickly things can change, and should (but won't) be a lesson to people in not getting too ahead of themselves with the hand-wringing and doom-mongering whenever we are in a bad run of form - and by the same logic we shouldn't start thinking about top four, at least not yet :)

Well worked goal. Nice cross field ball from Davis to Cedric back to JWP first time into the box and Long headed down which beat Fabianski. If a goalkeeper comes out fast into a crowd stretching and gets two hands on the ball but can't hold it as a player simultaneously heads it, I can't see a foul, looked a good goal to me.

Very solid although I prefer Cedric at right back. I suspect Romeu's yellow card made Koeman's decision to sub him in case of another. Yoshida does seem to attract controversy. Looked like he was fouled but I've seen them given.

One can see the effect of Forster, It looks like the defence have absolute confidence in him. Very efficient performance.

It wasnt pretty today but 3 points is all that counts, another clean sheet and the team didnt give anything away. How many shots they had on target? 1?

All around a good performance from the team with VVD as my MotM.

They had two. Both very forgettable.

statistically ...40 points would mean we re safe from relegation....:smug:

not the best match of the season by a long way, but another 3 points and our first double of the season. Shane Long out of sight compared to his early season games....

Back line as solid as ever....JWP improving, as is Matt Targett, who wouldnt expect to get a game ahead of a fit Bertrand if it wasn\t for the 3/5/2 formation.

Saw us quoted in The Times today as 20-1 for a Champions League spot.

Perhaps unlikely, but we are the same price as Liverpool.

It's strange how the perception of them is still of being a CL chasing club, even though they are behind us, yet nobody mentions us.

They were dubbed title contenders by the media when they beat us in the cup... :uhoh:

It's strange how the perception of them is still of being a CL chasing club, even though they are behind us, yet nobody mentions us.

I'm quite happy to go about our business under the radar ;)

If only we had managed to get a win and a few draws out of that bad run we were on, just look where we'd be.

Great 3 points today :D

Saw us quoted in The Times today as 20-1 for a Champions League spot.

Perhaps unlikely, but we are the same price as Liverpool.

Maybe something do with Liverpool's history in EUROPE

As much as I love VVD, I'd rather have Toby. He's been the best CB in the whole league so far this season.
highly debatable.

Whoscored.com has VvD as the highest rated defended in the League and the 5th best player overall.

VVD - 5th best over all - 7.62 rating - 1st rated CB

Toby - 41st over all - 7.19 rating - 10th rated CB

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

I know whoscored.com isn't the end all be all and I think Toby is better than 10th best CB in the league, but it ain't a bad place to start. And saying Alderwiereld is the best CB in the league is not a slam dunk argument.

highly debatable.

Whoscored.com has VvD as the highest rated defended in the League and the 5th best player overall.

VVD - 5th best over all - 7.62 rating - 1st rated CB

Toby - 41st over all - 7.19 rating - 10th rated CB

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

I know whoscored.com isn't the end all be all and I think Toby is better than 10th best CB in the league, but it ain't a bad place to start. And saying Alderwiereld is the best CB in the league is not a slam dunk argument.

It's just my opinion but quoting that site is laughable. They haven't the foggiest tbh. Some of their ratings are hilarious. Didn't they have Lovren as one of the best last season when liverpool fans couldn't wait for him to get an injury?

Can't bring myself to listen or watch games I don't go to (weird I know) do talk me through:

a) Fonte's disallowed goal

b) Yoshida penalty lunge

Fantastic result and would have been happy with a point. So proud of this team at the moment.

A) Goalmouth scramble between Fonte, Pelle, Fabianski and I believe a Swansea defender. Fell from the keeper's hands and down to Fonte who tapped it in, but the ref blew either for knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands or for some other foul.

Don't remember any lunges at all, though we were at the other end of the ground. The only penalty appeal which really annoyed the Swansea fans looked like one of them running into Yoshida from behind and going down.

Another great defensive performance against a spirited Swansea team. Shut down their space and made them look like they lacked creativity, just like we did against West Ham. Ward-Prowse probably my man of the match, got himself all over the pitch and put in a lovely cross for the goal.

This game was tailor made for Mane but unfortunately his form didn't warrant a place on the pitch. Team still isn't picking itself, which is a great sign.

I'm not sure that is a good sign. This versatility is good but ideally we'd have a settled team that could go and compete every week.

Edited by DuncanRG

Can't bring myself to listen or watch games I don't go to (weird I know) do talk me through:

a) Fonte's disallowed goal - I personally thought it was harsh. There was barely any contact and Fabianski didn't have full control of the ball. Should've stood imo.

b) Yoshida penalty lunge - Never a pen. The Swansea player pretty much ran into Yoshida looking for it. One of the few decisions Moss got correct.

Fantastic result and would have been happy with a point. So proud of this team at the moment.

a) Fonte's disallowed goal

b) Yoshida penalty lunge

I think both were the correct calls. a) I think we would have howled if it had been on the other foot with Forster and it had been allowed. b) Yoshida again, but no intent, tangled up at the feet. It looked dicey live I thought. My heart did stop and I felt sure I was going to see the ref run into the screen pointing toward the penalty spot. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

Romeu and Clasie yellows were awful, however. I clenched up with Romeu went on yellow, due to Wanyama's suspension. Luckily, Romeu played smart after and Koeman substituted him out before he could pick up a second.

Boring but effective. Never looked like conceding. Should have been 2:0. Romeu unlucky to be booked and then, because of that, subbed; but arguably it was a more attacking formation afterwards. Pelle and Austin not up to scratch; otherwise everyone was on form. Our crossing was superb but finishing could and should be better. Defensive organisation was superb. Hard to name another EPL side that scores more headers and has a better aerial prescence. VVD MotM but OR came close and loses out by finishing the game early.

ManUre now in our sights. Is it too much to hope for higher than 5th? 5th would be amazing considering how we all felt just before Christmas!

It's just my opinion but quoting that site is laughable. They haven't the foggiest tbh. Some of their ratings are hilarious. Didn't they have Lovren as one of the best last season when liverpool fans couldn't wait for him to get an injury?

Maybe. Sun Dream Team currently has Toby on 98 points from 32 games, Virgil on 95 points from 25. May be laughable as well, but the stats are beginning to show that VvD is at least as good as Toby this season. DT is also laughable in some respects, for instance they gave Pelle 7 rating today.

A) Goalmouth scramble between Fonte, Pelle, Fabianski and I believe a Swansea defender. Fell from the keeper's hands and down to Fonte who tapped it in, but the ref blew either for knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands or for some other foul.

Pelle tapped it in. Should not have been disallowed, ball came out of Fab's hands into face of Fonte. Moss got it wrong (surprise).

Didn't Clasie get a yellow for an almost identical tackle to the one a Swansea player made 30 seconds earlier?

Could it have been for persistent misconduct rather than that foul alone! I haven't seen any of the game so I can't comment either way. Somewhere too the yellow can be for what is said rather than done.

I watched Saints Player stream not sure who it was Prutton? Was doing his nut at inconsistency.

Romeu booking a joke. Clasie was a booking but so was 2 of theirs Cork included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Cork escaped a yellow for booting Targett in the face even though he clearly saw him. Not sure how he got away with that and neither were the commentators.

Thought every one was excellent except Pelle who can't seem to control a ball and Long who other than his goal offered little . His first touch often letting him down .

Was some fantastic crosses coming in and its a shame that once again Koeman compromises the team for Pelle . Austin should have come on much earlier .

Thought we invited too much pressure from Swansea in the 2nd half although they rarely threatened . Risky way to play .

Really wish Koeman would stop meddling with the team though . It was a massive defensive lapse which gave us the goal . We could have been so much better

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk