Would you be happy for Saints to lose...

CylonKing

Would you be happy for Saints to lose away to Leicester if it meant they went on to win the league because of that win?

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and am still not sure how I feel.

On the one hand, it would be great for football if Leicester could win the league as it would bring hope to many a team and show the 'bigger' teams that it is not all about buying the so-called best players. That team spirit and belief is just as important. on the other hand, I hate to see Saints lose no matter what so I'm loathed to want Saints to lose in any capacity.

Then, what if Saints losing meant we didn't get into Europe, would that change your opinion?

I think I'm of the opinion that while Leicester winning the Premier League is a good thing, I just cannot bring myself to see Saints lose, regardless.

What are your thoughts?

If beating Saints absolutely, completely, guarantees Leicester win the title and they never get close again and their fans don't turn into a bunch of billy big ballses about it, AND it doesn't cost Saints any league positions at the end of the season, I'd be absolutely fine with it.

Though I'm not sure Leicester would do much good for the UEFA Coefficient next season, it's not like Saints did their bit either.

if it's a case of a choice between 'lose at leicester and leicester win, or lose at city and city win', then the former, obviously.

if it's just, 'would you be OK for saints to lose', not a chance.

couldn't really care about what happens elsewhere in table; other than a passing interest in how other teams are going, it's about what happens on a saturday afternoon at st marys ( to make the point ) and whether the teamgive us something to sing about

A bit silly - I'd question anyone who ever wants Saints to lose a game. And Leicester - couldn't care less about them. It would be a fantastic achievement for them to finish Top 4 and unbelievable for them to win the league but whether or not they do I couldn't give a ****. Always want Saints to win.

If us losing a game sent the skates down i'd want us to lose in a heartbeat (assuming it'd do no damage to us that is).

If our season was done and dusted and us losing meant Leicester won the league over the other teams there i wouldn't actively want it but i wouldn't be disappointed either.

No, **** Leicester. Skanky, undeserving fluke merchants
I know you're bitter about Leicester being where they are but you can't fluke a season I'm afraid.

Regarding the OP - No. It'll be nice if Leicester win the league, prefer them over anyone else at the top but I want us to beat them like every team we play against.

No , I don't get the hype with everyone wanting Leicester to win the League ? If it's not us I couldn't care less!

You, as a Saints fan, don't understand why everyone who isn't a big team fan, wants a mid-sized provincial club which keeps upsetting the big boys to win the league instead of the teams with loads more money and a stockpile of good players no-one ever gets to see play?

Can't help you then.

I wanted Midtjylland to beat Man U last night even though the Danes beat us and Man U losing the tie is bad for our chances of getting into Europe in future seasons.

You could argue (perhaps slightly tenuously) that Leicester winning the league would set a precedent in terms of what was achievable for clubs our size, and thus make it easier for us to attract and hold on to players in the long-term. Therefore, given how little is at stake for us (assuming we finish between 8th and 10th or so) and how much of a difference it could potentially make to Leicester (lets assume their winning the league is contingent on them beating us), you could envisage a scenario where Saints are better off in the long term from a Leicester win.

Actually, thinking about it I might well end up not supporting them, but not begrudging them the win in the slightest. A Spurs supporting friend of mine has been nauseatingly arrogant and dismissive of Leicester's chances - only referring to Arsenal and City and assuming that Leicester will return to 'normality' (to use his words).

This is of course despite the fact that Leicester are above Spurs in the league and have taken four points off Spurs. And they've had a tougher fixture list so far.

Put it this way - I'll watch the game and obviously support Saints but will be quickly and immediately comforted should we be beaten by the fact that Leicester screwing Arsenal and Spurs over will be hilarious and beautiful.

You, as a Saints fan, don't understand why everyone who isn't a big team fan, wants a mid-sized provincial club which keeps upsetting the big boys to win the league instead of the teams with loads more money and a stockpile of good players no-one ever gets to see play?

Can't help you then.

I wanted Midtjylland to beat Man U last night even though the Danes beat us and Man U losing the tie is bad for our chances of getting into Europe in future seasons.

Sorry I have no interest in anyone winning games of football unless it directly effects Saint's !

I don't want Leicester to win the league, I've never liked Leicester with their nobheads Holloway and Nugent and it's about time we beat them up at their place.

Holloway was Leicester manager for about five minutes and is hated by pretty much everyone there.

He may be a nobhead but he's not Leicester's nobhead.

Edited by CB Fry

I would like to see Leicester win the league at expense of the likes of Man City/Spurs/Arsenal etc.

That said after a month which has put Saints in with a shot of getting back into europe i very much want Saints to beat Leicester.

If we'd been well adrift in midtable but safe from relegation i might have gritted my teeth for the greater good of someone new winning the league.

Can't help you then.

So you as a fan of a mid-sized provincial club would want another mid-sized provincial club to succeed where we have failed. Every season most big clubs don't win the league so do you really think not winning it again will be any worse for them because Leicester win it.

And if anyone thinks that Leicester winning the league helps us in any way is a nutter.

So you as a fan of a mid-sized provincial club would want another mid-sized provincial club to succeed where we have failed. Every season most big clubs don't win the league so do you really think not winning it again will be any worse for them because Leicester win it.

And if anyone thinks that Leicester winning the league helps us in any way is a nutter.

This. It is of no benefit to us whatsoever if Leicester win the league.

I quite like them, and I know some Leicester fans but really doesn't matter if they win it or not.

If I could pick I think I would rather Arsenal won it.

Nope.

I don't see it happening anyway. This seasons leicester are last seasons saints, the big clubs are going to throw everything they have at them to keep the status quo, then raid them for any players they think cdaj or weaken the upstarts by removing them.

I quite like them, and I know some Leicester fans but really doesn't matter if they win it or not.

I'd rather Arsenal won it too tbh

I thought Newport County were The9's favourite team anyway, with Saints 2nd?

Maybe the benefit of seeing that a well run mid sized club can win the premier league.

That's a dream i've had for Saints but not had much faith of the possibility outside of football manager.

I'd prefer Arsenal to Man City but would easily prefer Leicester.