Street names

st alex

Just for fun, may have been done before (apologies if so).

I pass Butterfield Road in Bassett quite often and then today noticed an Oakley Road in Freemantle.

And it got me thinking, can would it be possible to put together a 'dream' team using just Southampton street names that are share the same name as current or ex-players?

Besides those two there is of course Ted Bates Road which is probably the only one which is actually named after a player.

In a related note, I often play the car number plate game. In a road two streets away from me there are two cars parked next to each other with last three letters of plate: JWP and SRL.

Sad I know.

There is a number plate up for sale on the Internet at silly money, S41NTS.

Yep, aways used to make me think of James Beattie when I walked past that.

The full list in The Dell is Channon Court, Stokes Court, Wallace Court, Bates Court and Le Tissier Court.

And Crossley Place where the old Dell car park used to be, not that he was ever a Saints player.

I salute everywhere I see the liebherr name. I was in Liverpool docks last week ...huge container ship got a salute which pleased me in that **** hole. Regularly salute the diggers etc on the motorway and took one on the m42 on the way to Swansea as a good omen.... Though this principle did not work at the stadium of light when they knocked us out of the fa cup with that huge liebherr building outside the ground.