Anyone remember this ?

Saint-scooby

Definitely still there. I spent a lot of my childhood in Riverside, my kids would ride the train most weekends during the summer & I run (shuffle?) past it a couple of times a week.

It's certainly reclaimed Whitey, I was always lead to believe it was an old rubbish tip, which was leveled to form the leisure space, which is borne out by this: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/heritage/archives/9543150.Post_war_push_for_Riverside_Park/

Definitely still there. I spent a lot of my childhood in Riverside, my kids would ride the train most weekends during the summer & I run (shuffle?) past it a couple of times a week.

It's certainly reclaimed Whitey, I was always lead to believe it was an old rubbish tip, which was leveled to form the leisure space, which is borne out by this: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/heritage/archives/9543150.Post_war_push_for_Riverside_Park/

I'm not sure that it was an official rubbish tip rthough. I certainly remember it before the work started, used to play there as a small child, I think it was just muddy waste ground with a lot of crap dumped there. At the time that I first remember it only Bitterne Park Rec the original part existed. Used to play football and rounders there went I went to BP Juniors and Infants. The left and right extensions were added on at some time in the 60s after we moved to West End.

Know the area well there used to be a pitch and put course where I used to play 45 or so years ago.

Used to walk down Woodmill Lane in the late 1940's when there were awful smelling marshes on the way to watch my dad play cricket at the old University Ground