Bournemouth 2-0 Saints - Post Match Meltdown

Pamplemousse

Poor fair....

Cannot be as bad Saturday

Well, we have a good chance to put things right.

Hope Charlie Austin is not badly injured. Don't think Pelle is up to it right now and we look short on strikers with Jayrod still not ready.

Well credit to Bournemouth, they played well.

Our players showed no desire or passion unfortunately. Austin missing a sitter in the early minutes probably didn't help.

Hopefully we bounce back with a good performance and big win on Saturday.

Spot on....

Not a game to be dwelled on in isolation but it was a game that seemed to expose all of our issues as a squad at the moment:

1. We are a momentum team. When things are going well we have the confidence and when they are not we look clueless. It is the biggest indicator in football of a mid-table team. We have a good period and then the slightest set-up results in a hangover for several games. It's not unique to us but it is a trait of average teams.

2. We missed Wanyama's presence. We had no grip on the midfield at any time.

3. The 3-5-2 is nice at times but ultimately it is a formation set-up to ensure we don't lose a game. The football is horrible to watch as well - but that is forgiven when we defend properly and draw or sneak a win.

4. We don't have a clue how to chase a game. Seems our tactics, shape and understanding goes to pot when we have to chase a game. Players get too anxious as well. It's a mentality thing and it is quite a fragile line for us it seems.

5. Many of the weaknesses of some players were exposed in the game however these are well documented now.

I am not too fussed as I had us down for around a 10th place finish this season but if we are to push on the above needs to be addressed in the summer. On and off the pitch.

Chin up. It's only Wickham and Defoe to come on Saturday....
we can only play against one team you know? Palace are playing somewhere else lol

Pathetic performance. luckily it doesn't hurt losing to them. Its like losing snap to your favourite auntie

Forster is about 7ft tall and cant come and take a catch. As brilliant as he can be he needs working on taking high balls.

Now got to listen to Redknapp taking the plaudits how he made them great.

Poor attitude from our team considering it was a Derby

Shye from Koeman

Shyte from the Ref (awful)

Shyte from Forster, Fonte, Cedric, Romeu, JwP, Mane, Long, Austin

Shyte fitness. I really think we are not as fit as we could be

Shyte from BT

I never thought we would get 6 points this week or carry on the great form of the unbeaten run...got called all sorts for it.

but hey ho.

Thought Pelle was decent when he came on.

I think 3 at the back has run its course now and we should return to our normal shape and get more better players on the pitch

Meh, another winnable game at the weekend.

part of a Meh season really

Embarrassing performance tonight, thrown away our season in the last 2 games, It will be a nervous game at home to Sunderland on Saturday as we need to win it for sure now with Chelsea breathing down our necks to have any hope of getting 7th place

Grow up!

I said on Saturday that they'd finish above us. I didn't think they would get there so quickly.

Didn't take a genius to work that out..they are a team built on a billion pound of investment, who were champs last year and you could have named your own odds against us finishing above them at the start of the season.

Shye from Koeman

Shyte from the Ref (awful)

Shyte from Forster, Fonte, Cedric, Romeu, JwP, Mane, Long, Austin

Shyte fitness. I really think we are not as fit as we could be

Shyte from BT

I never thought we would get 6 points this week or carry on the great form of the unbeaten run...got called all sorts for it.

but hey ho.

Thought Pelle was decent when he came on.

I think 3 at the back has run its course now and we should return to our normal shape and get more better players on the pitch

Meh, another winnable game at the weekend.

part of a Meh season really

I am in deep shock....did you write that or has someone got at your pc:scared:

we were bloody awful and i only watched the second half! Absolutely clueless, we created nothing. How the hell can you play 90 minutes of football and never look like scoring???......well Saints obviously know the trick to it!

I thought you only watched the second half?

Let's all calm down, it was a poor performance but we've got a useful game to put it right. Let's just hope Long is okay.

And to think just two games ago we were discussing Champions League again :mcinnes:

I know. All talk of CL should be dismissed and never mentioned. Same last season.

I'm ashamed of that performance tonight. Looked half asleep and didn't look like they knew each other. Complacency set in I wonder?

Terrible. As soon as we setup a chance for a really good finish we bottle it.

Midfield was awful tonight and everyone aside from Van Dijk was outrun and outfought which is the worst thing.

Perhaps 3 CBs has masked some generally ineffective play. Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Swansea were battling rather than classy points won.

we were crap losing 8 ouf 9 Then we win 5 out of 6 not by playing good football but being good defensively but not creating much ........now we lose 2 on the spin in my opinion 2 mistakes by foster tonight and one against chelsea......but lets be honest we have been boring as fook to watch lately and most of the season and have created little in attack .......Is that the managers fault or just the players at our disposal?? Tonight though one fn shot in 94 mins and 2 corners ! Cherries wanted it more .......Where was JWP again ? Mane was pants ........Nails (Romeu) played ok though.

There was me thinking the consensus was that it wasn't a Derby! At least it improves the chances of it becoming one in the future.
fa,r point but as much as it is like losing snap to you favourite Auntie, you should try a little bit

Beaten by the better team who showed more desire, won the tactical battle and who had more chances, which they took well.

Forster shouldn't be anywhere the England goal for at least another couple of years. He didn't manage to get the ball clear for their first and should have come to claim the ball when they scored the second. Our midfield looked a lot stronger in the second half when we changed it around, but it seems that had Wanyama been available, or had Clasie played, we might have been able to have had more control. Mane's value must be plummeting and what with Pelle out of sorts and Austin well contained, we never looked like scoring. Bournemouth did to us what we did to Arsenal, closed us down, ran their socks off, and didn't allow us to settle until late in the game, when they were still a threat.

Two losses in a row and the momentum is lost once more. We desperately need a win against Sunderland to get back on track.