Bournemouth 2-0 Saints - Post Match Meltdown

Pamplemousse

Absolutely no idea why Forster is getting criticised, he's better than he was before he got injured and the clean sheet record in no way has anything to do with him not having to make more than 2 saves in 4 of those matches.

He is getting criticised because he made 4 errors which lead to four goals. Rightly in my view.He was also lavished praise for his performance at Arsenal and rightly so also. In my opion is he is a "reactive " goalkeeper. His reading of the game is weak and therefore he does not anticipate early enough. At the level he is at it is all the difference in the world

Just pointing out that when he first played for us he was prone to brain fade which led to conceding goals , after the injury he has looked like a world beater until the Fabregas goal when he just stood there then put out a leg when it was too late . Overall he is a good keeper but needs to improve to become an England No1 keeper

Even Shilton let in the odd goal for us !!!

Brett, since 1985 we've finished in the top 10 of the top flight 6 times. If we finish in the top 10 again this season, which there is every chance well will, then it'll be the first time we've done it 3 seasons in a row since 1982 and only the second time we've ever achieved that. As much as many of the mugs on here believe we are a Mega club or the likes of you want to criticise everything the club does and oh how I wish we were Everton, a top 10 finish this season will be a great achievement and will represent the most consistent performance in terms of league position for 34 years. So yes id say it's been a decent season and only a f*ckwit would disagree.

Do you remember when an 8th place finish under Poch was nothing special?

Forster kept six clean sheets and people are now criticising him - unbelievable!
And of those games it was only at Arsenal was he outstanding. Against Chelsea and Bompey he made four bad errors and cost four goals. Is he above criticism NO. if the goals were his fault.

He is getting criticised because he made 4 errors which lead to four goals. Rightly in my view.He was also lavished praise for his performance at Arsenal and rightly so also. In my opion is he is a "reactive " goalkeeper. His reading of the game is weak and therefore he does not anticipate early enough. At the level he is at it is all the difference in the world

This is exactly what i have been saying. Don't get me wrong, Fraser is a good keeper but he is so reactive, never commands his area and stays on his line. I just think its the modern coaching. Keepers are deemed wreckless if they come charging out at every corner or set piece, but I'd rather he did. More often than not it results in a "foul" on the keeper anyway

I see the Ref for tomorrow is Neil Swarbrick.All I know is he sent the wrong player off twice and apologised for one of them.I just hope we get a rub of the green for a change and he is fair to both sides tomorrow.

Sometimes the rub of the green goes with you sometimes it does not just accept the Ref's decision because there is no other choice and dont blame him.

Refs probably make less wrong decisions than players and are usually close to the action