Foxes fan cashes in bet

sadoldgit

Wise choice really, they really aren't that great just now, mind you they keeping on winning 1-0 I suppose.. If the Arse and Spurs (potentially) both go out of Europe this week then I wouldn't give a great deal for Leicester's chances of finishing top. Their games against West Ham, Saints ,Chelsea and Utd will decide their fate.

5 points clear, why not wait for a couple more matches and see that £29,000 grow further if you haven't got the bottle to go all the way though?

Probably because the bookies made him a take it or leave it offer and the sum would probably diminish if they lose a game.

I looked at them yesterday and whilst Watford we just dire in attack you kind of got the impression that anyone with anything realistic up front would see Leicester off with little trouble...mind you it's been like that all season really and they're still up there.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I am not a gambling man and don't know how this works. We were chatting about it last night and were divided over whether to take the money or not. I supposed it depends on whether you have balls of steel or not!

Basically he wins 100k if they win league.

To win £100k now at odds of 5/4 (albeit post watford game) he would need to stake around £90k odd so could argue significantly more value than £29k.

Still nice tidy profit though.

Basically he wins 100k if they win league.

To win £100k now at odds of 5/4 (albeit post watford game) he would need to stake around £90k odd so could argue significantly more value than £29k.

Still nice tidy profit though.

Yes, I wouldn't mind £29k for a stake of £20!

The bookies must be laughing their asses off this season. All the money lumped on the Top 4, straight in their pocket. Also, stories like this one will mean an increase in these sort of bets in the following seasons (more than usual). The bookies also love an underdog...

The bookies must be laughing their asses off this season. All the money lumped on the Top 4, straight in their pocket. Also, stories like this one will mean an increase in these sort of bets in the following seasons (more than usual). The bookies also love an underdog...

Quite - and for all intents and purposes the bookies that he's 'cashed out' with have essentially got themselves odds of 71/29 on Leicester to win the league (insofar as they've paid 29k to save 71k if Leicester pull it off).

• 2 weeks later...