Maria Sharapova fail drug test

Saint in Paradise

I wonder what will happen now?

The Russian, 28, tested positive for meldonium, a substance she has been taking since 2006 for health issues.

Sharapova, a five-time Grand Slam champion, is provisionally suspended from 12 March pending further action.

"I did fail the test and take full responsibility for it," said Sharapova, who won the Wimbledon title as a 17-year-old in 2004.

"For the past 10 years I have been given a medicine called mildronate by my doctor, my family doctor, and a few days ago

after I received the letter from the ITF [international Tennis Federation] I found out it also has another name of meldonium,

which I did not know."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35750285

She'll have to give up tennis, of course. Given that she is chronically sick, needing to take prescription drugs continuously for 10 years. As she suffers from a medical condition, she obviously won't be able to just stop taking them, will she?

She'll have to give up tennis, of course. Given that she is chronically sick, needing to take prescription drugs continuously for 10 years. As she suffers from a medical condition, she obviously won't be able to just stop taking them, will she?

Strange, she looks fit to me.

There's one advantage to failing eyesight.

Gracie would be ok but I can't stand her squeaky voice. If only I could find some way to shut her up

You shouldn't have too much difficulty keeping her quiet. She's been dead since 1979.

(In future at least check they've got a pulse).