3 oppostion players you've never forgiven

Turkish

We all have players we love to hate, but who are the top three players past or present who have done things against Saints that you have never forgiven them for and why?

Mine

Adrian Heath Everton - 14th April 1984, 3 minutes of extra time left in the 1984 Semi final and he scores the winner for Everton.

Ian Rush - Liverpool- two years later, scores two extra time goals for Liverpool in the 1986 FA Cup semi final

Paul Davis - Arsenal - Saints led 2-0 at Highbury in 1988, Paul Davis punches Glen Cockerill behind the refs back breaking his jaw. Davis stayed on and Arsenal go on to equalise in the 9 minutes of injury time added on for the injury. Arsenal would go on to win the title that season on goal difference with a 2-0 over Liverpool at Anfield. I've never liked Arsenal since.

John Bailey. Nov 5th 1977. Got Ossie sent off and he never played for us again. Bailey became a figure of pure hate for years to come, including the Everton s/f.

Trevor Francis. Scored the 2 goals for Birmingham, against Norwich, that relegated us on the final day of the 73/74 season. He would of redeemed himself if he had joined us in 1981 and we could then have won the league. But he didn't.

Robbie Savage. A perpetually annoying c* nt. Still!

John Bailey. Nov 5th 1977. Got Ossie sent off and he never played for us again. Bailey became a figure of pure hate for years to come, including the Everton s/f.

Trevor Francis. Scored the 2 goals for Birmingham, against Norwich, that relegated us on the final day of the 73/74 season. He would of redeemed himself if he had joined us in 1981 and we could then have won the league. But he didn't.

Robbie Savage. A perpetually annoying c* nt. Still!

Thanks for that! I was one of the few away fans at that game at it has taken me all these years to forget that game - vile vile man!

Adrian Heath without a shadow of a doubt.

Andy Ritchie at Oldham, League Cup, mid 80's, scored equaliser which meant we had to go and play on their plastic pitch, beaten before we got on the coach.

Robbie Savage for virtually every game played against us !

I also give a special mention to Billy Davies at Derby and ref Roger (hows my perm) Millford for the above mentioned Oldham match where his watch stopped and we played on unto they scored :-(

Ronny Rosenthal, FA Cup hattrick

Roy Keane, for his warm-down antics when they relegated us

Darren Anderton, for being Venables and Hoddle's excuse for not picking Le Tiss for Euro 96 and WC 1998

Not a player, but I'll never forgive Billy Davies and his whole Derby team for going out to intentionally kick the everliving **** out of a seventeen-year-old Bale in the play-off Semi-Final in '07.

I was going to write this.. the **** of the ref that allowed it too!

Not a player, but I'll never forgive Billy Davies and his whole Derby team for going out to intentionally kick the everliving **** out of a seventeen-year-old Bale in the play-off Semi-Final in '07.

Fully agree with this. Derby were a disgusting team at that point, absolutely reflecting their manager. Davies's arrogance in believing that he could then get Derby through a Premier League season by doing nothing but trying to kick the opposition to pieces meant that they had their backsides handed to them every single week in 2008/9. I think he was sacked after about 20 games when they only had about seven points! His paranoid antics while managing Nottingham Forest were good for a laugh too.

Robert Fleck getting MLT send off in a FA Cup replay against Norwich

Darren Bent scoring for Everton in our relegation season

I had a think about 3 players earlier, and to be honest, that was one of the 1st one's I thought of actually.

Was that game on TV? I remember it being soul-destroying.

We all have players we love to hate, but who are the top three players past or present who have done things against Saints that you have never forgiven them for and why?

Mine

Adrian Heath Everton - 14th April 1984, 3 minutes of extra time left in the 1984 Semi final and he scores the winner for Everton.

Ian Rush - Liverpool- two years later, scores two extra time goals for Liverpool in the 1986 FA Cup semi final

Paul Davis - Arsenal - Saints led 2-0 at Highbury in 1988, Paul Davis punches Glen Cockerill behind the refs back breaking his jaw. Davis stayed on and Arsenal go on to equalise in the 9 minutes of injury time added on for the injury. Arsenal would go on to win the title that season on goal difference with a 2-0 over Liverpool at Anfield. I've never liked Arsenal since.

That's uncanny. I was at all three matches and would have picked those three players too. I'm not certain if Rush was involved in breaking Mark Wrights leg or was that Shilts? Or was he contributory somehow? Maybe im confused but i've always kind of blamed Rush for that too!

That's uncanny. I was at all three matches and would have picked those three players too. I'm not certain if Rush was involved in breaking Mark Wrights leg or was that Shilts? Or was he contributory somehow? Maybe im confused but i've always kind of blamed Rush for that too!

Think that was Craig Johnston / Shilton sandwich

Cut and pasted from an interview with John Bailey

I loved Peter Osgood (Chelsea) centre forward, When he played for Southampton I had my troubles with him whilst I was at Blackburn, him along with Steve Williams. When I used to go down to the Dell their fans never forgot me as I had all sorts of things thrown at me. I used to hate going down there.

Bruce grobbelaar, for taking the money and gifting that c*nt rosenthal a hat trick.

Roy f*cking keane, for taking the p*ss and because he's an absolute f*cking c*nt anyway.

Paul davis, for the cockerill incident.

Don't hate any players for scoring goals.That's their job.

Brian Robson who fell over his own feet and that did nothing as Jimmy Case was sent off for "tripping" him.

To be fair to Robson he did protest with ref and say he fell over his own feet so i don't blame him for that one.

I can't really pick three so i'm going to cheat...

three from the past,

Paul Davis

Roy Keane

Adrian Heath

Three current (still playing) players

Lallana, i doubt i need to explain that

Darren Bent, for the Everton goal and generally being a c*nt

Steven Gerrard, for being one of the main players tapping our lot up for the mickeys at the england camp.

In my first few yewars of watching Saints two players who always got stick from the Dell crowd and clearly had not been forgiven for something in the past were:

Mike Summerbee of Man City

Rodney Marsh

Never discovered what crimes they had committed. Summerbee probably for dishing it out but not taking it back, Marsh for just being a 'blonde tart' with highlights in his hair (which real blokes didn't do in those days).

Re Adrian Heath, yes I've never forgotten that moment but he was just doing hid job, I hate the memory but not the man. it is that villain Keane mocking and taunting us when we were relegated that sticks in my gullet. He was a rogue player and is a rogue person

It has to be Keane and the rest of the United team who mocked us and our players after defeating us and sending us down into the Championship. Disgusting attitude that made clear just what excrement they were. Much worse than any incidents in playing time that I recall. Supporters of a club that fielded Kirby, Walker, McGrath, Dennis et al can hardly complain about rough play against us.

What exactly did Heath do wrong part from his job and score against us? If there's one moment in our history Saints fans seem to have an irrational obsession over its that semi-final and Heath's goal.

For me it's Roy Keane. Anyone who, by his own admission, goes out onto the pitch with the intention of deliberately ending someone's career has got to be a grade A kn*bber.

I'm struggling to think of others. Nugent always came across as a bit of a tool. Likewise Riccardo Rocha, for smacking the ball at a fan in our most recent South Coast Derby. I get much more peeved at that kind of tw*ttery than people doing their job and scoring against us.

Adrian Heath is a given.

I'm throwing Andy Ritchie in for his late late equaliser for Oldham that sent the cup match we were playing to a replay at Oldham's plastic pitch. Although I probably should note that it was Roger Milford who caused this dislike by adding a massive amount of seemingly unnecessary additional time for them to score. Still makes me angry thinking about it!

Adrian Heath is a given.

I'm throwing Andy Ritchie in for his late late equaliser for Oldham that sent the cup match we were playing to a replay at Oldham's plastic pitch. Although I probably should note that it was Roger Milford who caused this dislike by adding a massive amount of seemingly unnecessary additional time for them to score. Still makes me angry thinking about it!

Bugger just noticed you beat me, agreed re Milford it seemed to go on until they scored 94 minutes if I remember correctly at the Milton Road end too

Itchy little ***** for me as it was the first time football made me hurt, jammy bastard spilled his header and the bloody thing bounced right in the top corner. Spunky ****s!!!

if I was old enough I would of been on the pitch giving them fans a kick in too ;)

Ian Wright, for many offences such as poking Ken Monkou in the eyes. But mainly for last game of 91-92 season when he needed a hat-trick to be top scorer in the division and the referee (David Phlliips) allowed Tony Adams to assault Shearer and Matty and denied us a couple of clear penalties while ensuring Arsenal won 5-1 in possibly the most ridiculously refereed game I have ever seen.