Lawn Returf?

Give it to Ron

Can anyone recommend a good gardening company near Romsey?

My lawn laid 3 years ago didn't like the weed/feed I put down and is patchy.

Now it just seems a lawn of moss.

Relaid or get a company in to repair? Not Lawncare company who tried to rip me off just sprayed water and left after 30 seconds who thought no one was in watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend a good gardening company near Romsey?

My lawn laid 3 years ago didn't like the weed/feed I put down and is patchy.

Now it just seems a lawn of moss.

Relaid or get a company in to repair? Not Lawncare company who tried to rip me off just sprayed water and left after 30 seconds who thought no one was in watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Green Thumb a few years ago,. They come round, take a good look at your lawn, quote a price and then get on with it. Seemed to know their stuff. My lawn was covered in moss and weeds so they scarify it (amazing how many bags of moss I ended up with), put some seeds down, then they come back every quarter to give the lawn different treatments depending on the season. I must say, my lawn was beautiful while we used them. I stopped after I was made redundant and the lawns gone downhill again in the past few years. Will definitely get them back in one day.

That'll be £120 for the whole garden then?

It was about £30 per quarter. If you only have them come once (no point as your lawn will look like a ploughed field when they've scarified it), if you have them for a year it would have cost £120, if you keep them for ten years, it'll cost you £1200.

Another green thumb fan . My snap dragon signed them up and I wasn't happy about it as I thought it was a rip off . However , the garden never looked better . I'm sure with a bit of research you coukd buy the product and could do exactly what they do , as they didn't seem to do a lot, bloke used to come round occasionally and sprinkle stuff , but the lawn was green and lush .

I use a guy who trades under the banner of Fine Lawn

Used to be a Greenkeeper at several Golf Clubs and has done consultancy work for a few football clubs

He certainly seems to know his stuff and has made a big difference to my, relatively large, lawn.

He prefers not to use chemical products if at all possible

He is a Sunderland fan but I guess we can forgive him this

Charges about £40/50 per visit dependent on what is required

• 5 months later...
I used Green Thumb a few years ago,. They come round, take a good look at your lawn, quote a price and then get on with it. Seemed to know their stuff. My lawn was covered in moss and weeds so they scarify it (amazing how many bags of moss I ended up with), put some seeds down, then they come back every quarter to give the lawn different treatments depending on the season. I must say, my lawn was beautiful while we used them. I stopped after I was made redundant and the lawns gone downhill again in the past few years. Will definitely get them back in one day.

Thanks for the tip I have a great lawn now. These guys certainly know their stuff told me straight away had an infestation of leather jackets! Dug a bit of turf and found some -the scarifying and reseed looks bad but bloody hell it now looks better than when returfed.

It's not cheap at £20 a month but they really are good and helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

A number of my customers use Green Thumb and they really do a great job.... would highly recommend them. Scarifying and reseeding is a good idea if you want to do it on the cheap .... but you've GOT to feed the lawn to get it to its best. I've used Aftercut on my front lawn and it does the job . Moss went black within a week and the grass actually had space to grow .... not bad for a tenner ( it's only a small front garden though , so didn't need much .

In the long run if I were you I'd get Green Thumb in to sort it out for a year and then feed and weed it yourself using Aftercut /evergreen.