Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

He's another one of this bizarre forest echo clan. All fake profile pictures, fake names, fake rumours. I don't understand why anyone has the interest in doing it.

There are some sad people in the world. Although I doubt this chap has a more desperate life than the scousers that constantly reply to the Saints account about VVD, sad ****s.

From as in Spain just under an hour ago:

The Valencia is in talks to acquire the services of Luciano Vietto. With less than 48 hours of market closing, the Argentine is one of the candidates to reinforce the white-black attack. Vietto, a player who already had Marcelino in his stage at Villarreal , has been all summer in the starting box of Atletico, although the operation is still not completed.

Valencia have a gap in their lead for Vietto after Nani's march to Lazio. Marcelino already said that he did not want five strikers in the squad and so there had to be exits for the arrivals.One of the first options was that of Lucas Perez, although the striker does not seem tempted by the option blanquinegra. Hence, in recent hours contacts have intensified by Vietto.

The parties have been talking on the day today. There is no agreement at the moment. Valencia has little margin for Fair Play Financial and what is contemplated is an assignment with option to buy. Vietto, with Marcelino, scored 12 goals in 32 games. The Argentine is not the only open way that has the Mestalla club, which clears their options for the transfer of Guedes.

https://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/08/31/primera/1504195354_807646.html

So in Spain they have until the end of Friday to complete deals?

As I said earlier, very few moves happen without being in the media at least a day before, I doubt anyone will be coming in now.

Good window, great stance on VVD, but we haven't resolved the fact so few players in our squad score goals...

As I said earlier, very few moves happen without being in the media at least a day before, I doubt anyone will be coming in now.

Good window, great stance on VVD, but we haven't resolved the fact so few players in our squad score goals...

Yep think it's tomorrow evening in Spain, probably something to do with the international round and Portugal is even later, in 2 or 3 weeks maybe.

Perhaps we will play VD up front then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure how you can say it's a good window. We have failed to address out main problem which is attacking. 7 goals in our last 12 games is poor. The players are not being unlucky it's because they are average. We do not play exciting attacking football by having 7 defence minded players on the pitch. Maybe it's just me but I don't think signing a defender and a defensive midfielder = good transfer window.

Not sure how you can say it's a good window. We have failed to address out main problem which is attacking. 7 goals in our last 12 games is poor. The players are not being unlucky it's because they are average. We do not play exciting attacking football by having 7 defence minded players on the pitch. Maybe it's just me but I don't think signing a defender and a defensive midfielder = good transfer window.
Our main problems were centre defence and Romeu cover assistance as well? Both done so not a bad one either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cue a bunch of folk getting all emotional about a player they hadn't heard of until this morning not joining us.

It's not about the specific player but this could be the Fonte situation for this year. We've sold JRod, loaned Gallagher and clearly the board feel we need someone else so have gone for Vietto. If we've left it until deadline day and have been gazumped then it's not great. For me it's not about the identity of the player that will be disappointing it's the fact we clearly know we are short and have gambled on getting someone in on the final day.

I actually think we have enough attacking talent. They just need to fire, and preferably at the same time.

Our attacking talent hasn't scored in 18 months. "I think that that shiite will suddenly start scoring cos I want it to happen like Peter Pan comes to life in that documentary my kids saw."

There's clearly a major problem with our attacking options as shown last year and this, silly not to address it.

Exactly. We were 4th-5th lowest scorers last season and 2nd last scorers since the new year. This season has started just as the last finished. 1 open play goal and 3 blanks. I admire people's faith in the attackers but we can't score goals and we are set up to not conceed rather than score. Remember when teams like WBA got savaged for having that mentality.

I actually think we have enough attacking talent. They just need to fire, and preferably at the same time.

So you think they have been unlucky? When does it stop being luck and become actual ability? Hernandez cost the same as Redmond. Would he miss the chances Nathan gets?

Personally I don't think they are unlucky. They just don't have the ability. The problem is the club just as you do would rather keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

Willing to have faith in manager to get more out of our existing players personally. Think we've strengthened in the two key positions we needed too.

When you've got boufal who was brought in for big money only 12 months ago and due to the options we currently have has been used lightly so far this season I can see why they might prefer to see if he can adapt rather than someone new, especially if it's a last minute gamble on deadline day.

So you think they have been unlucky? When does it stop being luck and become actual ability? Hernandez cost the same as Redmond. Would he miss the chances Nathan gets?

Personally I don't think they are unlucky. They just don't have the ability. The problem is the club just as you do would rather keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

Unless Hernandez and Redmond are on the same wages, they don't cost the same. And I seriously doubt that they are.