Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Don't know much about him but reading up on him and looking at the mandatory YouTube compilation he seems to have the attributes we are missing and the ones we desperately need.

Who is leaving then? No way we keep all our midfielders if he comes in.

Clasie seems the obvious candidate, been left out quite a lot. I'd prefer to loan him out, we'll need a replacement for Davis in a season or two and i've always liked Clasie playing further forward.

Clasie seems the obvious candidate, been left out quite a lot. I'd prefer to loan him out, we'll need a replacement for Davis in a season or two and i've always liked Clasie playing further forward.

I think Clasie would do well if he got a run of games. Can't see that happening here, unfortunately for him.

Sounds like Stoke, Everton and West Ham amongst others wanted him too. Maybe, for once, we outbid the other teams.

Also, reading the Stoke forum, they are having a shambolic transfer window. They haven't signed anyone, and the fans are getting restless.

They're always aggrieved about something.

We need a proper "assist" getter. Is he that sort?

He's a bit more box to box -can actually take the ball and drive forward with it from central positions. Hopefully that'll make us a bit less predictable and less reliant on going sideways and throwing crosses into the box.

He's a bit more box to box -can actually take the ball and drive forward with it from central positions. Hopefully that'll make us a bit less predictable and less reliant on going sideways and throwing crosses into the box.

Don't know much about him, but reading up on him and watching a few youtube clips (as is standard..) he looks bang on what we need alongside Romeu. And probably the sort of player we've needed for at least the last couple of seasons.

Don't know much about him, but reading up on him and watching a few youtube clips (as is standard..) he looks bang on what we need alongside Romeu. And probably the sort of player we've needed for at least the last couple of seasons.

This is a decent write up (note he's not overly physical according to this):

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2015/09/01/will-juventus-take-mario-lemina-to-the-next-level/

Edited by shurlock

Looks like a decent signing, our starting midfielders are all pretty good technically but none of them have the pace or power to really break through the oppositions midfield. Seeing as we would never pay the going rate for a true number 10 this is probably the next best thing, having a midfielder that gives the opposition something to think about when going forward, even if it isn't for his goal scoring ability

Looks like a decent signing, our starting midfielders are all pretty good technically but none of them have the pace or power to really break through the oppositions midfield. Seeing as we would never pay the going rate for a true number 10 this is probably the next best thing, having a midfielder that gives the opposition something to think about when going forward, even if it isn't for his goal scoring ability
Don't think you'd call him a #10

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

"From Turin to England, Southampton: Mario Lemina's future is all English. In particular, ESPN filters how the negotiation is now closed. Additionally, we add other confirmations regarding the details of the deal: for a € 18 million deal plus two bonuses related to attendance. And so the Southampront beats Stoke City at the final sprint. Expecting medical visits this Monday. In a choice made by the player, strongly wanted by Pellegrino.b"

Courtesy of google translate

If Lemina is true, and we can get him over the line by midweek, it'll be a big lift for the club and fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see a behind closed doors friendly to ease him in. Definitely seems like the sort of player we'd sign. Good things come to those who wait? ;)