Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

As others have said, appears to fit the profile of what we need almost exactly. Amazing how much more balance one signing can bring to a team.

This is surprising considering we are informed that Ross Wilson is a clueless idiot who wouldn't spot a decent player if one took a dump in his fireplace.

This is surprising considering we are informed that Ross Wilson is a clueless idiot who wouldn't spot a decent player if one took a dump in his fireplace.

Perhaps this one did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way MP would indicate it being close after knowing that we've been pipped to the post a few times this window. If Di Marzio says it's happening then it probably is as he doesn't usually put his name to a rumour unless it's basically done.

Makes me larf, our black box is meant to be so unique but whenever we are linked to a player so are other clubs.
I don't think it's unique. Maybe better than others, but it's naive to think other clubs can't identify talent through traditional scouting. I'm sure that we still do a fair bit of that!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Makes me larf, our black box is meant to be so unique but whenever we are linked to a player so are other clubs.

Nothing screams uniqueness more than when Stoke, Watford and West Ham are in the hunt for a player.

Edited by shurlock

Why not a cheeky bid for Wilfred bony, lost his way at city could do with new lease of life obv depending on wages

Of all the idiotic expressions used in football, "cheeky bid" is up there with the worst. What the actual **** is a cheeky bid? You are either serious about signing a player, in which case you make a serious bid, or you are just taking the p!ss and p!ssing people off.

And what would we do with Bony anyway, Gabbiadini is much better than him.

Did I dream this? Or did somebody post on here recently (claiming to be ITK) that they'd heard we were after an "AMC" who had a year left on his contract?

Can't find the post.

A word of general advice: don't trust anyone called dazza.

I can see why a lot of people who were ITK have left. I'll think twice about posting anything in the future all I was doing was passing on what I've been told. I have no reason to not believe my source. Although I myself find it hard to see Barkley but the talk is we are looking at him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can see why a lot of people who were ITK have left. I'll think twice about posting anything in the future all I was doing was passing on what I've been told. I have no reason to not believe my source. Although I myself find it hard to see Barkley but the talk is we are looking at him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could it be linked with a potential agreement over VVD going to Everton? Can't see us bothering otherwise - especially not at £30m + and £100k pw +

I see someone called Sara Davidson has posted that Saints are in advanced talks with Barclay for E29 million.

She states that 'Claude Puel's side are willing to pay €28 million in order to bring Barkley to St Mary's Stadium'. It doesn't seem that her knowledge of football / Southampton FC is that great..

She states that 'Claude Puel's side are willing to pay €28 million in order to bring Barkley to St Mary's Stadium'. It doesn't seem that her knowledge of football / Southampton FC is that great..

Isn't that the site where anyone can write anything they want, and 99.9% of the postings are totally made up.

It's worth persisting with the Barkley stuff just to see how soon the Everton forums pick up on it. Then MLG can head on there to explain why we're a bigger club.

I heard that Barkley's head is now too big to fit in their original historical dugouts, hence the move to a more modern stadium.

Could it be linked with a potential agreement over VVD going to Everton? Can't see us bothering otherwise - especially not at £30m + and £100k pw +

Can't see VVD to Everton, that is a massive step down from Liverpool and especially Chelsea.

Plus IIRC Ross Barkley turned down £100k a week (some reports also say £120k a week) from Everton we aren't going to pay that, maybe £80-90k a week at a stretch, plus the asking price is £35 million, which to be honest is absurd for a guy that was not a bang on starter for a mid table club last year and has a year on his contract left.

Koeman has said he basically has no future but they have no bids, papers are speculating that Spurs are waiting them out to buy him at a lower price.

The only way I could every see possibility of him coming here is if this bit is true -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/26/ross-barkleys-everton-career-says-ronald-koeman-100-wants/

the Everton manager, says Ross Barkley’s career at Goodison Park is over and the midfielder wants to leave for “a new challenge”.

The observations about the player from all his senior coaches have been strikingly similar. For his part, Barkley will feel that working with another manager in a new environment will be the key to elevating his game as he seeks to become the finished product rather than just potential.

He was stalling on committing his Everton future because he was unsure of his role in the side and knew the club was planning to spend heavily on creative midfielders and attackers.

That is something that materialised with the signing of Davy Klaassen and return of Wayne Rooney.

So if that is actually true and he does want a new challenge and wants to be played in his prefered position then maybe that is something we could offer him, but I still reckon he;s just after more money. Spurs will probably buy him on deadline day for £20 million and he'll sit on the bench behind Erikkson and Ali.

Personally don't rate him but he would fit into our team as a No.10 -

Forster

Cedric (hopefully VVD) Yoshida/Stephens Bertrand

Romeu Lemina

Redmond/Tadic Barkley/JWP Boufal

Gabbiadini

Edited by tajjuk

Can't see VVD to Everton, that is a massive step down from Liverpool and especially Chelsea.

Plus IIRC Ross Barkley turned down £100k a week (some reports also say £120k a week) from Everton we aren't going to pay that, maybe £80-90k a week at a stretch, plus the asking price is £35 million, which to be honest is absurd for a guy that was not a bang on starter for a mid table club last year and has a year on his contract left.

Koeman has said he basically has no future but they have no bids, papers are speculating that Spurs are waiting them out to buy him at a lower price.

The only way I could every see possibility of him coming here is if this bit is true -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/26/ross-barkleys-everton-career-says-ronald-koeman-100-wants/

So if that is actually true and he does want a new challenge and wants to be played in his prefered position then maybe that is something we could offer him, but I still reckon he;s just after more money. Spurs will probably buy him on deadline day for £20 million and he'll sit on the bench behind Erikkson and Ali.

Personally don't rate him but he would fit into our team as a No.10 -

Forster

Cedric (hopefully VVD) Yoshida/Stephens Bertrand

Romeu Lemina

Redmond/Tadic Barkley/JWP Boufal

Gabbiadini

I cant see it happening at all, but he would be a perfect signing for a club like us IMO.

He isnt good enough to start at anyone in the top 6 for me, except maybe for Everton who seem to be sticking to their guns as far as wages are concerned .

I think we will see what drives him really, its a world cup year, if he has ambitions to break into the england set up he needs an influential year with plenty of game time, that means the likes of us, WHU, Leicester, stoke etc. If he ends up at Spurs to make up the numbers then its money motivated and ill be glad to not have a player who sees money over fulfilling a potential.

If he has something to prove though then I'd pay to get him but not break the bank, wages around 100k shouldnt be too unachieveable for us, but I wouldn't break any wage structures.

Theres a good good player in there for someone to coax out of him

I cant see it happening at all, but he would be a perfect signing for a club like us IMO.

He isnt good enough to start at anyone in the top 6 for me, except maybe for Everton who seem to be sticking to their guns as far as wages are concerned .

I think we will see what drives him really, its a world cup year, if he has ambitions to break into the england set up he needs an influential year with plenty of game time, that means the likes of us, WHU, Leicester, stoke etc. If he ends up at Spurs to make up the numbers then its money motivated and ill be glad to not have a player who sees money over fulfilling a potential.

If he has something to prove though then I'd pay to get him but not break the bank, wages around 100k shouldnt be too unachieveable for us, but I wouldn't break any wage structures.

Theres a good good player in there for someone to coax out of him

Everton aren't top 6 anyway, but yeh he's not a starter for City, Utd, etc. He wasn't a starter for Everton really, and apparently he decided not to sign the contract because they have brought in Rooney and Klassen, who both potentially play in that similar position so he could even be further down the pecking order.

There is definitely talent there but he doesn't seem to have improved much since we was 18/19 and seems very inconsistent, but who knows, maybe consistent games and a manager who believes in him would get the best of him, but yeh can see him ending up West ham or the like and not doing much.