Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Always preferred Natalie personally, although I wouldn't kick Kirsty out of bed for eating crackers.

I think they should take off a layer every hour as the deadline approaches. Beats listening to Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent window. On paper we look very solid defensively. A tad disappointed that we didn't add an attacker to this after how goal shy we were last season, and have been so far this season. Building from the back is the correct thing to do, we need Boufal, Tadic and Redmond to step up and find some confidence now. Gabbi/Austin know where the net is, they just need the service.

No attackng player coming in then.

Still going to struggle.

And who plays LB if Bert is injured ?

We Will start getting goals soon.

It would complete the pack if we brought in that amazing AM. We do have talent here though just depends on that being realised. We all know that this squad are capable more than we have seen so far this season (I don't include last season because it's got fk all to do with now). Maya can cover Bertrand by the way.

It would complete the pack if we brought in that amazing AM. We do have talent here though just depends on that being realised. We all know that this squad are capable more than we have seen so far this season (I don't include last season because it's got fk all to do with now). Maya can cover Bertrand by the way.

I haven't seen much evidence that we would start getting goals soon. We had an entire season of poor performance in front of goal and it's continued into this one so far.

Will we? ON what basis? Tadic Redmond and JWP suddenly developing some creativity?

Maya can cover Bertrand by the way.

Please no. He's back to his best at CB. His dip came with Koeman determined to use him at FB. What's the need when we've got Bertrand, Targett (probably, unless there's a late deal) and McQueen?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Please no. He's back to his best at CB. His dip came with Koeman determined to use him at FB. What's the need when we've got Bertrand, Targett (probably, unless there's a late deal) and McQueen?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Matt hasn't worked out.

@ Hypo & GF. I have faith in the coach/team manager and I think that there is potential within the players that isn't/wasn't at its peak. fkn obvs.

Shroppie, He can though. I think McQueen will become an extremely good player. A shame the loan for Matt hasn't worked out. Maybe he wouldn't have been first choice which would nullify the purpose off a loan. I think he has proved he has something at this level and it would be a great opportunity to hone it.

Window hasn't shut yet.

I'd rather have Jay rod than long that's for sure. If an immobile Austin gets injured or God forbid gabbi then we are really limited.

Yep, but the supply to whoever is up front concerns me more. We have nobody to play incisive balls and create proper chances. A proper no 10 would be ideal imo.

At the start of the window I expected Gallagher to be the Jay Rod replacement, which seemed fine behind Gabbi, Austin and Long for one spot.

Once Sam went I fully expected someone else in, and for that player to push Long/Austin down the pecking order.

Surprised/disappointed we haven't done that, especially with the start we've made in front of goal.

Still, elsewhere we are solid, so we are at very least safe and challenging for eighth again.

The Saints twitter feed is surprisingly quiet tonight. In the past, when our business is done, haven't they usually posted a few insignificant tweets around this time on deadline day to keep people on their toes...? #clutchingatstrawsforonemoreincoming

Yep, but the supply to whoever is up front concerns me more. We have nobody to play incisive balls and create proper chances. A proper no 10 would be ideal imo.

I thought that we are one of the top teams for creating goalscoring chances but just don't take them !

The last stat that I saw was that we had only put away 7 out of 144 opportunities!

So, in fact the problem is purely finishing I guess !

At the start of the window I expected Gallagher to be the Jay Rod replacement, which seemed fine behind Gabbi, Austin and Long for one spot.

Once Sam went I fully expected someone else in, and for that player to push Long/Austin down the pecking order.

Surprised/disappointed we haven't done that, especially with the start we've made in front of goal.

Still, elsewhere we are solid, so we are at very least safe and challenging for eighth again.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Another window closes with another glaring shortage in the squad. Has happened in the last three windows now.

I guess with that we are back to praying that boufal comes good. Very disappointing from the club though and not much of an incentive to watch us this year if you want exciting football or interesting games. A midfield consisting of the likes of Tadic, jwp, romeu, redmond is enough to send you to sleep.

The Saints twitter feed is surprisingly quiet tonight. Haven't they usually posted a few insignificant tweets by this time on deadline day to keep people on their toes...?
They usually do some kind of banter during the evening and I think always do a very specific "that's it, all done, no more news" type tweet if there really is nothing happening.

Its interesting they haven't done that but have tweeted about the internationals.

Who knows. let's see what happens before the "window" "slams" "shut".

They usually do some kind of banter during the evening and I think always do a very specific "that's it, all done, no more news" type tweet if there really is nothing happening.

Its interesting they haven't done that but have tweeted about the internationals.

Who knows. let's see what happens before the "window" "slams" "shut".

We're "fast approaching" that time so not long now.

Overall I'm fairly happy with that for a window. We've achieved our 3 main objectives:

1) Keep Virgil

2) Replace Fonte

3) Find a partner for Romeu

We've also moved on 3 players who were offered little to the squad and were just taking up wages.

I'd have liked to have seen replaced by a Premier League standard player and Gardos is now well beyond being surplus but you can't have everything.