Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Polish journalist (I think) on Twitter suggesting that we've offered €6.5m plus bonuses for Jan Bednarek and it should be enough to get him.

Watched Sweden Poland U21 and Bednarek didn't look like an upgrade on Stephens or Yoshida.

Chambers didn't want to come back.

Exactly and people are forgetting after all the years of developing him, he stuck two fingers up at the club and chose to jump ship first chance. Aside from bank balance sent his career massively backwards. There's better out there who want to be here.

Do you think Brazilians will like the weather in Newcastle, when that cold east wind blows in?? Not sure we have had much luck with South Americans

Fernando's pretty good, would definitely be a good addition to our squad. For 5 million it sounds like a good deal, but imagine he's on a big whack of money at City so might prove difficult on that front?

Fernando's pretty good, would definitely be a good addition to our squad. For 5 million it sounds like a good deal, but imagine he's on a big whack of money at City so might prove difficult on that front?

Its a position we badly need someone and overall we could do with a bit more experience in the squad.

The way round that is to give him a wage in keeping with our wage structure and then a signing on fee paid to the player upfront. Our existing squad know he's on the same wage as them.

Calling Tractorsaint to the main board:

KEAN MAY EXIT JUVE OVER TRACTORS

Moise Kean could leave Juventus due to a dispute over some tractors, according to his father.

The 17-year-old made his full debut for Juve last season and became the first player born after the millennium to play a competitive fixture in Europe's top five leagues. His rise has made him a reported transfer target of a host of Premier League clubs, and his dad, Biorou, says the teenager may leave the Serie A champions because the club have failed to deliver him a fleet of tractors.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus offered a contract of €700,000-a-year, which was fine, but the problem is they had also promised me some tractors for my agricultural business in the Ivory Coast, but now they say there is no budget for them.

"I own several hectares of land in the Ivory Coast which I would like to cultivate with rice and corn. I'm an agronomist. I asked for agricultural materials and they told me "no problem". However, the other day, Juve's lawyer contacted me to tell me that the contract offer had been revoked because my requests were out of their means."

Moise Kean could leave Juventus due to a dispute over some tractors, according to his father.

The 17-year-old made his full debut for Juve last season and became the first player born after the millennium to play a competitive fixture in Europe's top five leagues. His rise has made him a reported transfer target of a host of Premier League clubs, and his dad, Biorou, says the teenager may leave the Serie A champions because the club have failed to deliver him a fleet of tractors.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus offered a contract of €700,000-a-year, which was fine, but the problem is they had also promised me some tractors for my agricultural business in the Ivory Coast, but now they say there is no budget for them.

"I own several hectares of land in the Ivory Coast which I would like to cultivate with rice and corn. I'm an agronomist. I asked for agricultural materials and they told me "no problem". However, the other day, Juve's lawyer contacted me to tell me that the contract offer had been revoked because my requests were out of their means."

Bloody hell :lol: modern footballers Dads seem worse than their kids at times...

1) Several hectares would require, urrr, 1 tractor (if that).

2) Juve could give him some money and he could buy his own tractor(s).

From sam Wallace article in the telegraph:

There has been no stalling of Southampton’s player recruitment strategy while the managerial appointment process has continued and the club will push ahead with target that have been pre-identified, in consultation with their new manager. Pellegrino will be part of the discussion on whether the club agree to sell their highly sought-after Dutch defender Virgil Van Dijk who is now fit again after a considerable injury lay-off.

Thus far, owner Katharina Liebherr and chairman Ralph Krueger have said that Van Dijk is not for sale, especially to Liverpool after they were forced formally to end their interest in the player this month. That might change over the course of the summer but will also depend on whether the club feel they have an adequate replacement to allow them to continue with stability in the new season.

LOL.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Now Pellegrino is in place' date=' anyone decent from Alaves we could try for?[/quote']

Didn't they have that young Atletico Madrid left back Theo Hernandez on loan last season- supposed to be good- think Real Madrid are about to sign him, but maybe Pellegrino could get him on loan again if Bertrand leaves.

Didn't they have that young Atletico Madrid left back Theo Hernandez on loan last season- supposed to be good- think Real Madrid are about to sign him, but maybe Pellegrino could get him on loan again if Bertrand leaves.

I think we've moved beyond a point where we loan youngsters from top clubs. Saints look to develop their own young players for the 1st team, not improve ones they don't own. Loaning players just blocks pathways for existing young players and has little long term benefit for the club.

Marcos llorente had an excellent season by all accounts but is highly thought of by parent club Real Madrid

Agreed. Been reading up on him. Sounds like a talented kid.

Also thought Mariano Diaz at Madrid looked a talent, but apparently off to Lyon.

A year ago today we signed Redmond but had no manager. This year no signings, but we have a manager already in place. I reckon it won't be long before we start seeing player movement. Fingers crossed!

A year ago today we signed Redmond but had no manager. This year no signings, but we have a manager already in place. I reckon it won't be long before we start seeing player movement. Fingers crossed!

Would be nice.

I was thinking earlier about the Højbjerg signing. Remember that one? We got a quote from his agent on the Sunday, and he was signed on the Monday.

Not many are done like that these days.

Jan Bednarek having a medical tomorrow ahead of a €6m +2m add ons move according to this - https://twitter.com/OwskiMateusz/status/879048807094333440

Not sure where he fits in with everything. Is he Fonte's replacement? If so I doubt he is first team ready so does that mean it's VVD and Yoshida first choice and then Stephens and this chap as back-up?

Not sure where he fits in with everything. Is he Fonte's replacement? If so I doubt he is first team ready so does that mean it's VVD and Yoshida first choice and then Stephens and this chap as back-up?

Wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Gardos. And in his first season will be helping in getting the u21s promoted again.

Not to mention, with the cities long history with Poland a chance to connect with some more of the cities residents.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Nolan

Wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Gardos. And in his first season will be helping in getting the u21s promoted again.

Not to mention, with the cities long history with Poland a chance to connect with some more of the cities residents.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd be stunned if we're about to shell up to 8m on an U21 player.....he's our new CB to fill the void left by Fonte/Cacares

It does seem to be that way.

I'm sure the club have seen him more than I have (in this u21 tournament), but he doesn't stand out in the slightest as a player with anything about him.