Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I find it very hard to believe that clubs as big as Juve and Inter want Tadic. He would however, look at lot better in Italy, as he'll get more time and space. Tadic has had an awful season with us. Needs to pull his finger out and stop blaming others.

I like Tadic, he's a good player, but I don't believe Inter would replace him for Perisic.

It is puzzling how you conveniently ignore the large number of long contracts Saints have given to their players recently. Oh yeah, you are a massive troll.

Saints only do that to drive up the selling price .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Not sure it's to drive it up, it's primarily to avoid Big Vic & Clyne situations where it reduces the price.

In what way is 'driving up' materially different to 'avoiding a reduction'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tottenham, Manchester United and Everton are showing interest in Bolton Wanderers prospect Max Broughton.

The 16-year-old midfielder has been impressing playing for Bolton's U18s and has earned recognition from England at youth level.

Broughton initially impressed Bolton on trial in October 2014 after being spotted playing for local side Rossendale United and then signed scholarship forms in December 2015.

Southampton have also expressed interest in the teenager.

I would put Tom Cairney ahead of Mooy if I were to pick a Championship midfielder.

Agreed, seen Cairney play a few times this season and been very impressed. Good stamina, wonderful passing range and unlike our other midfielders has an excellent shot on him.

Looks a good player. Very tricky to tell if he could make the step up. He looks more similar to Davo, than a destroyer though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XYW400maM

Honestly, he has bang average touch, no real skills and looks more of a JJ Shelvey. Nothing wrong with that, but we have Romeu, JWP, PEH, Clasie, Davis who can all do elements of what this guy does... but better. we do no need another midfielder like this.

Agreed, seen Cairney play a few times this season and been very impressed. Good stamina, wonderful passing range and unlike our other midfielders has an excellent shot on him.

Yeah, Cairney is a great little player.

This is exaclty the shizzle we've been missing from Midfield.

Goals!!!

Obligatory Youtube Video:

SKIP TO 30 SECONDS

** In fact I would be well happy if we signed him :blush:

And also, since Fulham raided our academy staff when we went down...

We really should get this lad, especially if Bertrand is leaving... Seems only just!!

Edited by Saint86

Yeah, Cairney is a great little player.

This is exaclty the shizzle we've been missing from Midfield.

Goals!!!

Obligatory Youtube Video:

SKIP TO 30 SECONDS

** In fact I would be well happy if we signed him :blush:

And also, since Fulham raided our academy staff when we went down...

We really should get this lad, especially if Bertrand is leaving... Seems only just!!

Both underwhelming bottom three material

Both underwhelming bottom three material

Dont crush my dreams man, I've just got used to the idea of us signing a goalscoring midfielder who can not only shoot from outside the box, but also find the corners!!

Also, you what mate, bottom 3 material?!?!?! You know that Fulham kid is one of the hottest prospects in england right now!!

ONYEKURU A HAMMER?

West Ham United are the new favourites to sign Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru from Belgian club KAS Eupen, according to Sky sources.

Onyekuru will fly to England next Monday for talks with interested clubs.

Seven Premier League clubs - including Arsenal, West Ham and Swansea City - are in talks to sign the 19-year-old.

West Ham are also interested in other forwards, including Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace) and Alassane Plea (Nice).

Janekx89‏

@janekx89

Follow

More

��Lech Poznań ma kolejną poważną ofertę z @SouthamptonFC za Jana Bednarka, może paść nowy rekord sumy odstępnego transferu z ES-y (5.25mln €)

My Polish isn't brilliant, but we've made a €5.25 offer for Jana Bednarka, who is a 21 year old centre back.

Janekx89‏

@janekx89

Follow

More

��Lech Poznań ma kolejną poważną ofertę z @SouthamptonFC za Jana Bednarka, może paść nowy rekord sumy odstępnego transferu z ES-y (5.25mln €)

My Polish isn't brilliant, but we've made a €5.25 offer for Jana Bednarka, who is a 21 year old centre back.

Never heard of him. Has come from out of nowhere = Probably true.

Gylfi Sigurdsson to Leicester apparently....

@SKD, whats our rejection count at now?

Disappointing if true. A deal we really should be all over.

Will keep at 2 (Wagner & Semedo) until we receive any evidence to suggest we really were in for him.

Janekx89‏

@janekx89

Follow

More

More on this (in English)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/08/do-report-southampton-target-lech-poznans-jan-bednarek-in-polish/

Never heard of him. Has come from out of nowhere = Probably true.

http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-nozna/transfery,jan-bednarek-moze-trafic-do-southampton-za-rekordowe-pieniadze-transfery,artykul,790344,1,970.html

Says he is in the Poland squad for the U21 WC so they are in no rush to agree a deal as he might generate more interest if he plays well, including against England.

They're not the first to report on Tadic having a £13m release clause.

Seems unlike us to A) agree to such a clause and B) value our player so low that we'd barely make a profit if we sold them. Didn't Tadic cost roughly that amount to sign from Twente?

£13m for Tadic would be an absolute steal for the buying club.

Yes can be a bit inconsistent but proven PL player in his prime who unquestionably creates lots of chances.

Certainly would cost more than that to replace him successfully.

I think it is extremely unlikely Saints would give Tadic a new 4 year contract with a release clause very similar to the price we paid for him. Making the clause £13m for a player that cost £11m is daft and significantly undervalues him. £13m is the cost of an attacking player who has a decent season in the Premier League, not the Premier League's 4th highest assist maker since 2014 when he arrived!

I think it is extremely unlikely Saints would give Tadic a new 4 year contract with a release clause very similar to the price we paid for him. Making the clause £13m for a player that cost £11m is daft and significantly undervalues him. £13m is the cost of an attacking player who has a decent season in the Premier League, not the Premier League's 4th highest assist maker since 2014 when he arrived!

I meant Championship.

You'd have thought VvD / Bertrand / Romeu would be higher on their Saints shopping list.

Here's the link: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/klopp-plots-southampton-raid-for-tadic-29ztr92r9

Cant see it myself - not sure he is the type of player liverhampton need. Also can't see him having one of the fabled release clauses. [emoji3]

Dael Fry would be a good signing, well within our price range. I see he's on the subs bench for England in the U20 World Cup Final. Centre back is a position where youngsters take time to develop and at 19 he's very much 'one for the future'.

Yeah id like to see us flex our muscle a little more with clubs below us (in food chain)

In the same way that we cant keep players joining clubs above us (in food chain) should be reflectively easy to sign these young and talented players.

Everton have stolen the march on that and seem to be heavy focused on young talent from the lower leagues