Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Would assume Januzaj will be available come summer if this really is the year we lose Sunderland. At the right price and wages he would be a decent replacement for Isgrove.

Isgrove is only in the squad about once every two months, so won't really need replacing - and I'm not sure Januzaj would be happy in that role.

Isgrove is only in the squad about once every two months, so won't really need replacing - and I'm not sure Januzaj would be happy in that role.

If we assume yesterday was roughly our strongest XI, that leaves Long, J Rod, Austin, Boufal and Sims as our other attacking options (at least those proven to be first team quality). I can see J Rod leaving as we've got a striker too many but basically Sims and Boufal are our only AM options. I'd like to see one more.

Apparently we are "preparing a bid" for Pontus Jansson (Torino/Leeds). Never (previously) heard of him, but apparently has just signed permanent deal with Leeds (was on loan) which comes into effect in the Summer. Would seem unlikely that he would transfer to us. [Daily Express]

Saw us linked with Philip Billing from Huddersfield. Keeping a close eye on him right now against Man City and I must say I'm quite impressed. Easily been their best player so far!

He's also a monster. 6'5", I believe.

Semedo & Cyprien both very good shouts. Cyprien sounds like the sort of box to box player we need.

I'd also be very happy with Ake who's loan move to Bournemouth battle-hardened him for the prem.

Saw us linked with Philip Billing from Huddersfield. Keeping a close eye on him right now against Man City and I must say I'm quite impressed. Easily been their best player so far!

Glad someone said it. He's stood out so far. Gangly but graceful. Only 20 too, room to get better. Definitely caught my eye. Moot if Huddersfield go up though...

Glad someone said it. He's stood out so far. Gangly but graceful. Only 20 too, room to get better. Definitely caught my eye. Moot if Huddersfield go up though...

Maybe Hojbjerg can put in a good word for us, both played at Danish youth level so probably know each other

Would assume Januzaj will be available come summer if this really is the year we lose Sunderland. At the right price and wages he would be a decent replacement for Isgrove.

I think we've already got a better player than him in our ranks - Josh Sims. J-Rod, Martina, Isgrove, Forster (I know it won't happen, but it should) out - new CB, CM and versatile defender in.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/773327/Leeds-transfer-shock-Premier-League-club-plot-raid-star-Scouts-sent-watch-him-News-Gossip

We've been interested since he was at Malmo (allegedly) and have sent scouts to watch him. If there's anything in it at all, it's probably just that he's one of the many players we keep tabs on.

I am impressed that we have been "impressed by his impressive displays" :-)

Saw this article "If Man Utd could take one player from each Premier League club". I have to admit I didn't see the Saints one coming...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/if-man-utd-could-take-one-player-from-each-premier-league-club/ss-AAnI1cE?ocid=spartandhp#image=13

Nope. Thought it'd be JWP. Other forums of big clubs regularly talk him up. (And rightly so in my opinion. I'm a fan of his.)

According to the Express, Stoke looking to offload few players in the summmer including Giannelli Imbula, who was mentioned on here before Stoke signed him. Could be worth looking at in the summer to help support Romeu?

I know he was talked of as a target when Schneiderlin left, but he's looked a nothing sort of player at Stoke (having previously bombed out at Porto) - providing little defensively or offensively.

Don't see the appeal. Far prefer the look of young Billing at Huddersfield.

According to the Express, Stoke looking to offload few players in the summmer including Giannelli Imbula, who was mentioned on here before Stoke signed him. Could be worth looking at in the summer to help support Romeu?

I hope that we're setting our sites higher than Stoke rejects

I personally prefer the Napoli rejects

I'm keeping an eye on the relegation scrap (which hopefully we will steer clear of).

Might be the odd player or 2 from various clubs that could do a job for us.

Maguire probably the obvious one.

From Sunderland Kirchoff looked good last season but has been out of it due to injury this year. Their GK will be sought after but is likely to be a target for Champions League clubs, (Everton also linked and we'll never compete once he's told the history of the dug out pioneers).

I'm keeping an eye on the relegation scrap (which hopefully we will steer clear of).

Might be the odd player or 2 from various clubs that could do a job for us.

Probably also monitoring the promotion fight and who doesn't come up. Billing at Huddersfield, March at Brighton for example.

Could Wilshere be the CM that we need? I know he's not the most popular on here but it's easy to look a bit of a **** when you play for one of the big clubs. Has found his fitness at Bournemouth and i've always thought he came in for some harsh criticism over recent years and I believe he's the best CM that England have. He may lack size but more than makes up for it in technical ability.

If we can go this Summer only losing Bertrand from our first team I'll be happy. Good player but he's replaceable and hasn't been at top form this season I don't think.

Not so much earlier in the season when McQueen filled in and there wasn't a huge drop off in performance. However, recently Bertrand has regularly been one of our best, if not THE best player on the pitch.

Could Wilshere be the CM that we need? I know he's not the most popular on here but it's easy to look a bit of a **** when you play for one of the big clubs. Has found his fitness at Bournemouth and i've always thought he came in for some harsh criticism over recent years and I believe he's the best CM that England have. He may lack size but more than makes up for it in technical ability.

It was interesting that Howe dropped him for Man U away. A game of that magnitude you'd expect a team like Bournemouth to put out their best possible side and Wilshere didn't even feature....