Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Tadic is a quality player who clearly didn't/doesn't rate Puel and it shows in his play.

I don't think Tadic rates any manager fell out with Koeman, fell out with Serbian manager, fell out with Puel. He could probably fall out with himself if he spent enough time on his own....

Sanchez at centre half looked a hell of a player. Is he always that good? Break the bank...

Sanchez was terrific this season for Ajax, in the final against ManUtd he played one of his lesser games... However, in case he leaves Ajax this summer it won't be for Saints as there are many clubs already after him.

Traore had a very poor season and was often ridiculed in Amsterdam. To be fair I should mention that he had to play as a right winger most of the games and that's not his cup of tea. I wouldn't like to see him play for Saints though, imo he's not up for the PL.

Isn't it the normal state for almost all flair player - inconsistency? I think some fans have a hard time to appreciate "flair" players. Flair players are more likely to be inconsistent because they aren't pulling off the ordinary stuff. When Tadic is on beat he's hugely valuable for the team. Lack of form and Puels tactics hasn't helped him this season but I think he will come good again with right management and motivation.

Utter madness to wanna get rid IMO

Agree. It's easy to forget the number of games Le Tiss trotted around WITHOUT influencing games with the benefit of hindsight. Not to suggest Tadic is anywhere near that standard or anything but you can't expect creative players to succeed in every single attempt. Imagine our build up play without him this season!

Agree. It's easy to forget the number of games Le Tiss trotted around WITHOUT influencing games with the benefit of hindsight. Not to suggest Tadic is anywhere near that standard or anything but you can't expect creative players to succeed in every single attempt. Imagine our build up play without him this season!

Have you watched him much this season?

I don't think Tadic rates any manager fell out with Koeman, fell out with Serbian manager, fell out with Puel. He could probably fall out with himself if he spent enough time on his own....

Unfortunately this is true and is one of the reasons I don't think we'd have much objection to him leaving.

It's a shame as I like Tadic, on his day (which isn't frequent enough, it has to be said) he's one of the best attacking midfield players in the PL.

I would be gutted if he ended up at West Ham.

Talking of him falling out with everyone, I've been told he was renting an apartment in ocean village and fell out with the owner as they received a number of complaints due to him and a number of his friends (adults) running around playing football in there :lol:

Unfortunately this is true and is one of the reasons I don't think we'd have much objection to him leaving.

It's a shame as I like Tadic, on his day (which isn't frequent enough, it has to be said) he's one of the best attacking midfield players in the PL.

I would be gutted if he ended up at West Ham.

Talking of him falling out with everyone, I've been told he was renting an apartment in ocean village and fell out with the owner as they received a number of complaints due to him and a number of his friends (adults) running around playing football in there :lol:

If he falls out with so many managers as you say, there's no way he's going to play under Croatian Bilic.

A talented young English striker moves from a club where he will certainly get no meaningful first team opportunities, to a team where he will almost certainly get no meaningful first team opportunities. Someone needs to have a word with him and his advisor.

A talented young English striker moves from a club where he will certainly get no meaningful first team opportunities, to a team where he will almost certainly get no meaningful first team opportunities. Someone needs to have a word with him and his advisor.

Reminds me of Sturridge going from City to Chelsea.

SSN: Riyad Mahrez has released a statement confirming it is 'time for me to move on' from Leicester City.

Nice of him.

The time for him to move on was last season when his stock was high.

Still what sort of **** releases his own press statement as a come and get me plea.

Shame it would be a loan but thats PL wages for you.

Hasn't worked out for Clasie and never will in the PL. Clearly physically unsuited to the PL, suprised the scouting dept didn't overide Koeman on this one - poor replacement for Schneiderlin.

Talented striker whose career could go either way at this point. Depends on his attitude.

The fact that he priced himself out of a new contract at moneybags Chelsea is a bit of a red flag, though. Allegedly was holding out for 50k a week.

Kind of, but at the same time it seemed like a case of set an unrealistic wage request, knowing that if you get it then you're laughing, but more than likely you'll finally get to leave the club properly rather than being loaned out again and not be able to potentially progress your career.

That's a good signing for them IMO.

Really jealous of that signing, Begovic is a class act and will do well for them. I'd take him over Fraser any day of the week, even accounting for the fact he's an ex skate.

instead of ****ing about with McCarthy, Taylor and Hassen we should have signed him and provided some proper competition for the no 1 spot.

expecting departures after reading this, he's phrased it well but i'd say he's spoken with a with team mates who have perhaps expressed a desire to move on if the right club come looking.

Unfortunately think we have to accept it, not sure what more the board can do. All the players have long contracts which protects us to a certain extent and ensures we get good value for the players.

As long as we re-invest it all, then we can continue to improve the squad as a whole which hopefully means we will continue to be the "best of the rest"

expecting departures after reading this, he's phrased it well but i'd say he's spoken with a with team mates who have perhaps expressed a desire to move on if the right club come looking.

Unfortunately think we have to accept it, not sure what more the board can do. All the players have long contracts which protects us to a certain extent and ensures we get good value for the players.

As long as we re-invest it all, then we can continue to improve the squad as a whole which hopefully means we will continue to be the "best of the rest"

A very big if unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see who goes considering certain senior squad members have been, allegedly, lets say less than professional. If the club decide to keep Puel they may have to ship out a few players (Fonte already got the bullet) if Tadic, Bertrand and Long go its probably the club backing the manager. I still think Romeu's comment was interesting

"We need people with hunger, desire to improve and that will give us the results we need."