Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

expecting departures after reading this, he's phrased it well but i'd say he's spoken with a with team mates who have perhaps expressed a desire to move on if the right club come looking.

Unfortunately think we have to accept it, not sure what more the board can do. All the players have long contracts which protects us to a certain extent and ensures we get good value for the players.

As long as we re-invest it all, then we can continue to improve the squad as a whole which hopefully means we will continue to be the "best of the rest"

Yup new approach by the club to have the players break the news, especially a fans favourite who will inherit the captaincy once van Dijk seals his move to Liverpool.

is that all having watched his video I'd thought he'd be at least £35 million in todays market...

Maybe but for a club like us £6.8m is a lot of money compared to Arsenal who can afford to spend it and see if he comes good.

Maybe but for a club like us £6.8m is a lot of money compared to Arsenal who can afford to spend it and see if he comes good.

£7m is peanuts for all but the newly promoted premier league clubs these days. Paid that for Gardos who was never more than back-up.

I would have thought he would have been Les's dream signing cheap (in todays market), young, seemingly talented, easily saleable to Liverpool after a good season in the PL. That seems to be the club plan. Of course it falls down if the big boys just decide to jump in early and cut us out of the deal....

£7m is peanuts for all but the newly promoted premier league clubs these days. Paid that for Gardos who was never more than back-up.

Hmm i guess so but I'd rather spend £15m than have two signings worth £7m and £8m.

is that all having watched his video I'd thought he'd be at least £35 million in todays market...

The Daily Mail is reporting that while the fee is agreed, the player is hesitating to agree to personal terms, because he is concerned about a lack of first team opportunities.

Sorry, but I don't get the Begovic love in. He's an ok keeper who has played for some bang average teams in the PL, was prepared to sit on Chelsea's bench for three years, and who has now signed for another average team.

If 8th place isn't good enough for us, then signing Begovic isn't either. If he was that good he wouldn't be signing for plucky Bournemouth.

Sorry, but I don't get the Begovic love in. He's an ok keeper who has played for some bang average teams in the PL, was prepared to sit on Chelsea's bench for three years, and who has now signed for another average team.

If 8th place isn't good enough for us, then signing Begovic isn't either. If he was that good he wouldn't be signing for plucky Bournemouth.

The same plucky Bournemouth who only finished below us on goal difference? Thought so.

The same plucky Bournemouth who only finished below us on goal difference? Thought so.

Except theyre signing him as first choice but no one here is suggesting we sign him as first choice. Bournemouth still a smaller club/draw than us. Get over it.

Hmm i guess so but I'd rather spend £15m than have two signings worth £7m and £8m.

Wenger made this point recently that fans want to spend more rather than assess the player. Mangala must be good he cost £35m etc. Rather fans should be thinking fck me we could have got equivalent for £7m

Except theyre signing him as first choice but no one here is suggesting we sign him as first choice. Bournemouth still a smaller club/draw than us. Get over it.

No one has suggested we sign Begovic to sit on the bench (unless I've missed the post) they were suggesting we sign him to replace Forster. The OP said he wasn't good enough for an 8th placed team hence why he was signing for little old Bournemouth. My point is they only finished below us on goal difference so it's a bit rich to dismiss him as not good enough for us. We are a bigger club than Bournemouth hence why I for one am disappointed that our points tally was the same as theirs (bar goal difference).

We're not buying a striker. Gabbi and Austin are both good enough and then Gallagher/Long/JRoD surplus.

That would be silly, meaning that when Austin next gets injured we will only have one striker. We should try and move on Long and Jay Rod and sign someone else good. But not Max Kruse.

We're not buying a striker. Gabbi and Austin are both good enough and then Gallagher/Long/JRoD surplus.

I highly suspect at least 2 of those will be leaving in the summer. Even if they don't however, the latter two hardly set the world alight this season when they did play and arguably both regressed in their professional development.

I bloody hope we are buying a striker. Long and Jrod are ****. Austin might be ok if we are going to replace Puel with some one like Big Sam. Basically Gabbi is the only one we need to keep and we need to add to our striking options.

Lucas Perez's agent is spouting off in the media about how unhappy Perez is on the bench at Arsenal. I wonder if it's worth taking a stab at him.

Has looked good when I've seen him play. He's been unlucky not to feature more for them IMO.

Whether we would spend that much on a 28 year old is up for debate though.

@saintsnewsandviews quoting CbFry on twitter (with a screen shot of his Samedo rumor), hi saints news and views !:lol:

And that's why people don't post info on here. They probably think benji's reply is genuine and further evidence of the rumour being true...

Maybe the person behind that twitter account is a member on here. Plonker.

@saintsnewsandviews quoting CbFry on twitter (with a screen shot of his Samedo rumor), hi saints news and views ![emoji38]

That's the last time I go down the pub with him.

My contact at the club is going to get sacked for this :-( :-( :'-(

TOFFEE'S BAULK AT PICKFORD VALUE

Everton are not prepared to meet Sunderland's £30m valuation for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The 23-year-old was one of few shining lights in a dismal campaign which culminated in the Black Cats’ relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.

Pickford’s future at the Stadium of Light has been cast into doubt following David Moyes resignation.

However, potential suitors Everton are not reportedly willing to meet Sunderland’s valuation or the England U21 international.

'Everton made Lukaku promise'

Romelu Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola says Everton have promised the striker he can leave this summer if "certain clubs" made the Toffees a suitable offer.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/everton-made-lukaku-promise/ar-BBBJcjy?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Gentlemen`s agreement, but i thought it was only Saints who did those things... ;)

This is from a Sporting fan about Ruben Semedo

He'd do well in English footy probably, strong, wins a lot of headers, ok-ish with his feet and still young. On the other hand, he loves to commit idiotic fouls and isn't an intelligent player overall, I want him gone.

Was he a target of ours ? ;)

No, apologies. I always see this one as the general transfer window thread.

Weird signing for Stoke. He's on his last legs, WBA fans wanted him dropped.

Yeah, a strange one. Stoke have to get this window right as they've regressed a little bit.

The goals certainly weren't a problem this reason, especially since Jan. Been a veritable deluge. ;)

That would be silly, meaning that when Austin next gets injured we will only have one striker. We should try and move on Long and Jay Rod and sign someone else good. But not Max Kruse.

Sorry Les, you're wrong again.

I bloody hope we are buying a striker. Long and Jrod are ****. Austin might be ok if we are going to replace Puel with some one like Big Sam. Basically Gabbi is the only one we need to keep and we need to add to our striking options.

Gabbi looks the part as long as he gets service. 0.50GPG this season.

Austin is a 15+ goal a season striker year in year out. 103 goals in his last 202 games. 0.42GPG this season. Admittedly he's had injury issues in his 1.5 years with us but before then he rarely missed a game. If his body comes good then he's definitely at our level.

Beyond that we only need 1 more striker to play 3rd string, given we only play 1 on the pitch at a time. Pick 1 from Gallagher/JRod/Long and sell the other 2.

No Europe. A 3rd strong striker just means more rotation and less playing time for all of them, so less partnerships form and each one of them can't maintain form. I'm pretty sure a major gripe with Puel has been his rotation. We need quality over quantity this season. We also need wingers that score. Tadic/Boufal/Redmond just didn't cut it and won't get any support from 11 goals in 189 games Davis.