Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

do you think Joe Hart will be playing for Southampton next season?

do you think we will pay him £100k+ per week?

yes or no will do

Do you believe that Torino are paying anywhere near £100k+ for him this season?

My guess would be that if we were to get him it'd be a loan paying c£70/80k (city subsiding the rest) with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Also, the cost of purchasing hart would be considerably less than the sell of Forster (I would imagine), therefore a combination of the profit and loss of Forsters wages would mean we could easily afford £100k+ for him.

What you'd also have to consider is realistically, who would be in for him? I very much doubt any of the top 6 (other than possibly Liverpool) or any major clubs in Europe would want him. Which would leave the likes of us, West Brom, Stoke any any other similar sized European clubs to battle it out for him. In which case, he'd have little option other than to accept a pay cut.

I'd say that a combination of the above and (assuming he got along with him) the fact we have Dave Watson as GK coach, we'd have a fanstic chance of getting him.

If this is true, I'd be over the moon. IMO hart is better keeper on a more consistent basis than Forster, and would also be a massive character in the dressing room.

Get it done Les.

he is on (a reported) £120k a week. Lets say we pay him top whack for saints, circa £70k a week

geddit

FF is on over £90k per week. There is no way Torino are coughing up £120k. City will not sell him to a club they deem as direct rivals so yes, we're in with a shout.

If he deems us worthy of him, that's another matter.

Do you believe that Torino are paying anywhere near £100k+ for him this season?

My guess would be that if we were to get him it'd be a loan paying c£70/80k (city subsiding the rest) with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Also, the cost of purchasing hart would be considerably less than the sell of Forster (I would imagine), therefore a combination of the profit and loss of Forsters wages would mean we could easily afford £100k+ for him.

What you'd also have to consider is realistically, who would be in for him? I very much doubt any of the top 6 (other than possibly Liverpool) or any major clubs in Europe would want him. Which would leave the likes of us, West Brom, Stoke any any other similar sized European clubs to battle it out for him. In which case, he'd have little option other than to accept a pay cut.

I'd say that a combination of the above and (assuming he got along with him) the fact we have Dave Watson as GK coach, we'd have a fanstic chance of getting him.

If this is true, I'd be over the moon. IMO hart is better keeper on a more consistent basis than Forster, and would also be a massive character in the dressing room.

Get it done Les.

do I believe Torino are paying him that? No, I believe City are paying him most of that due to him being on loan

will that be the case if he was to actually sign for Saints? No, we would have to probably increase what he is already on

You will also have West ham and such like (who pay more than us) competing for him, let alone Everton coming in for him who clearly pay more than us

have no idea what Forster is on but any nugget of half-truths on the web reckon he is on around £50k a week

if we were to pay Hart say £120k per week (plus very high bonuses)...does that mean we will have to pay VvD the same? after all, he is staying according to some here. Then what about when Gabbiadini gets loads of attention in the summer?

Bertrand has a champions league medal, he may want a huge pay rise?

Romeu and Cedric are both wanted by Barcelona.........

Put it this way, we all know that if we sell Forster, his replacement will probably come from France

Edited by Batman

he is on (a reported) £120k a week. Lets say we pay him top whack for saints, circa £70k a week

geddit

So come on what is it 50 or 70k your not good at this are you?

Will Claude be our manager though so why do you think we will sign a French keeper?

If we replace FF we should look at Stockdale been great this year when I have seen him.

Or Randolph when Hart goes to West Ham as you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraser Forster to Everton

Joe Hart to Southampton

A possibility according to the Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4321844/Southampton-consider-bid-Man-City-s-Joe-Hart.html

I didn't imagine you citing the mail as a source.

I didn't pass comment as to if I thought it was true or not, I merely linked to the story.

So come on what is it 50 or 70k your not good at this are you?

Will Claude be our manager though so why do you think we will sign a French keeper?

If we replace FF we should look at Stockdale been great this year when I have seen him.

Or Randolph when Hart goes to West Ham as you think

OK, look forward to saints signing Joe Hart over everyone else

Joe Hart will sign for us, taking around £50k+ A WEEK pay cut, just to work with us (not in any european competitions) and a coach he trained with a handful of times a year......

good times

OK, look forward to saints signing Joe Hart over everyone else

Joe Hart will sign for us, taking around £50k+ A WEEK pay cut, just to work with us (not in any european competitions) and a coach he trained with a handful of times a year......

good times

Not a chance but great watching you throw your toys at the idea though.

Man City are paying the bulk of his wages at Torino and it is not unheard of for clubs to subsidise wages until the end of the original contract in order to sell a player.

Man City likely to do that with a fair few of their players that leave I think.

Man City likely to do that with a fair few of their players that leave I think.

When the rumour was initially published a week or so ago it was clear that any move was likely to be a further loan and that City would continue to pay a substantial part of his wages. It is also clear that City will not loan to a rival-they apparently consider Everton a rival but not us. Torino will not have European football next season so Hart moving to the PL which is what he wants will not be influenced by lack of Europe, there are only a few other options, West Ham perhaps. So with his wages not being an issue and his options boiling down to Torino or a mid-table PL side it really is not that unlikely that he would choose to go to us if Forster moves on. Maybe the influence of Watson is pertinent,who knows.Hart's options are very limited. People may poo poo the likelihood of this happening but in reality it is not so unlikely.

Well, based upon today's showing Arsenal would have to pay us to take AOC off their hands.

I'm sure his bank balance shows the benefit of playing for Arsenal, but like Walcott he really hasn't delivered on his early promise. Should have stayed and played more.

Good post. Imagine Hart signing with R. Semedo coming in to play alongside a loyal VVD. Bertrand and Cedric flanking them with Romeu and a new CM shielding. That is a top 4 defence in place. We are only ever a few signings away (or keeping players) from the best saints squad we have ever had. With the longer contracts in place and a shift in mentality (also foreign investment) we could be giving it one big push next season.

Where do I sign for that?

Good post. Imagine Hart signing with R. Semedo coming in to play alongside a loyal VVD. Bertrand and Cedric flanking them with Romeu and a new CM shielding. That is a top 4 defence in place. We are only ever a few signings away (or keeping players) from the best saints squad we have ever had. With the longer contracts in place and a shift in mentality (also foreign investment) we could be giving it one big push next season.

What a transfer window that would be! Are you confident of VVD staying?

My kind of post

I said at the start of the season this would be a transition season and that's what it's felt like. Pellé, Mané and Wanyama going was a big dent to the backbone. But with Gabbiadini signing and starting so brightly, and the emergence of Romeu as a top DM, not to mention youth coming through, it really does feel like we're perhaps 2 signings away from being a great team. Personally I wouldn't be against a squad of

--------------------------Forster(McCarthy)-------------------------

Cedric(Pied)-New CB(Stephens)-VVD(Yoshida)-Bertrand(McQueen)

------------------New DM(Clasie)----Romeu(Davis)-----------------

---Boufal(JWP)--------Tadic(Hojbjerg)------------Redmond(Long)

-------------------Gabbiadini(Austin)-------------------------------

plus youngsters. It won't be, I'm sure we'll have an eventful summer as ever, but I think that looks like a good side if we could get the quality of those signings right.

I said at the start of the season this would be a transition season and that's what it's felt like. Pellé, Mané and Wanyama going was a big dent to the backbone. But with Gabbiadini signing and starting so brightly, and the emergence of Romeu as a top DM, not to mention youth coming through, it really does feel like we're perhaps 2 signings away from being a great team. Personally I wouldn't be against a squad of

--------------------------Forster(McCarthy)-------------------------

Cedric(Pied)-New CB(Stephens)-VVD(Yoshida)-Bertrand(McQueen)

------------------New DM(Clasie)----Romeu(Davis)-----------------

---Boufal(JWP)--------Tadic(Hojbjerg)------------Redmond(Long)

-------------------Gabbiadini(Austin)-------------------------------

plus youngsters. It won't be, I'm sure we'll have an eventful summer as ever, but I think that looks like a good side if we could get the quality of those signings right.

Hojbjerg suits DM more than AM so probably replaces Clasie in your line-up, and I think Clasie will be shipped out (more of a Koeman than black box signing). Sims to be back-up for Tadic?

Hojbjerg suits DM more than AM so probably replaces Clasie in your line-up, and I think Clasie will be shipped out (more of a Koeman than black box signing). Sims to be back-up for Tadic?

Hojbjerg was terrible first half v Bournemouth when laying as a DM, and excellent in the second when put further forward. No way is he a defensive midfielder.

Hoj is a younger (poorer version ATM) of Davis neither are DMs both are best further forward carrying the ball and linking up play.

Hojbjerg was terrible first half v Bournemouth when laying as a DM, and excellent in the second when put further forward. No way is he a defensive midfielder.

His best performance IMO was away at United earlier in the season after Romeu got injured, where he played as a defensive midfielder. Pep Guardiola also saw him as a defensive midfielder as well. I think he has potential there

Jake Livermore could be an interesting option to partner Romeu in the base of a 4-2-3-1. His passing was a bit wayward at times but still pretty impressed with him last night.

JRod for Livermore + a bit of cash wouldn't be a bad deal imo.