Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Players look to leave after record breaking seasons too, as we know.

True, but we haven't had a record breaking season so only our best players will be in demand. At this rate there won't be much of a feel-good factor at the end of the season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Probably too early to tell for sure, but it did look like quite a serious knee injury for Sakho tonight at Palace....

What is it with ACLs - assuming it was that? Man U had two in one game recently but seem rife at all levels of the game. Is it down to boots or equipment?

What is it with ACLs - assuming it was that? Man U had two in one game recently but seem rife at all levels of the game. Is it down to boots or equipment?

Apparently not anything too serious like that, out for the season for sure, but back for pre-season is the current verdict...

Palace chairman forthright and open about him being their number 1 bit of business they want to/need to get over the line, but seemed to be suggesting Liverpool wanted silly money to create a bidding war.

You still working for the club? How are things internally?

Doesn't seem to be a happy family just now?

Morale isn't 'That' bad. But, there is frustration with the uncertain takeover, players and non-playing staff asking what it means for their future. And a sense we are slipping.

Morale isn't 'That' bad. But, there is frustration with the uncertain takeover, players and non-playing staff asking what it means for their future. And a sense we are slipping.

Which maybe supports the case that a new impetus is needed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last point upon reflection.

I can't think of one player who has improved this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF.

Cedric for sure, JWP, Romeu and Redmond (over the course of the season)....

Seriously mate, there is bed wetting, and then their is just throwing a temper tantrum and spewing anti saints bile for the sake of it.

JWP and Romeu have improved on previous seasons but think that's more game time than coaching.

WhoScored rate players each game on a number of factors.

Romeu is avg 7.08 this season vs 6.80 last

JWP is avg 6.74 vs last season 6.55

Has the below as performing worse this season vs last

VVD is 7.43 was 7.56

Cedric is 7.0 was 7.27

Fonte is 6.5 was 7.10

Clasie is 6.4 was 6.7

Forster is 6.3 was 6.8

Bertrand is 6.8 was 7

Davis is 6.7 was 7

Boufal is 6.8 was 7.6

Tadic is 6.8 was 7.1

Long is 6.3 was 7

Redmond is 7.01 his avg at Norwich was 7.29

WTF.

Cedric for sure, JWP, Romeu and Redmond (over the course of the season)....

Seriously mate, there is bed wetting, and then their is just throwing a temper tantrum and spewing anti saints bile for the sake of it.

Plus Sims and McQueen who both made their debuts this season and have both looked pretty promising (McQueen especially). Would Koeman have played them? Not sure.

Surely we'd say Stephens has also improved and Yoshida too? They're still not perfect, but much more solid now than I think any of us would have said at the start of the season.

Plus Sims and McQueen who both made their debuts this season and have both looked pretty promising (McQueen especially). Would Koeman have played them? Not sure.

Surely we'd say Stephens has also improved and Yoshida too? They're still not perfect, but much more solid now than I think any of us would have said at the start of the season.

Not sure Koeman would have had much choice but to play McQueen and Stephens with Targett and Bertrand both injured and the sale of Fonte.

Sims made an instant impact on his debut, but has hardly featured since (similar to Hesketh under Koeman....).

Genuine question, is Hesketh injured? If not, why has he not featured much this season? especially given Puel's incredible record with youth players....

Genuine question, is Hesketh injured? If not, why has he not featured much this season? especially given Puel's incredible record with youth players....

Puel has for a long time been saying Hesketh is injured when he is asked in pre-match press conferences to list injured players. Which is why he isn't playing for the under 22s, or training/making the squad of the first team.

Puel has for a long time been saying Hesketh is injured when he is asked in pre-match press conferences to list injured players. Which is why he isn't playing for the under 22s, or training/making the squad of the first team.

I don't listen to his press conferences / interviews... I'd rather watch paint dry for 30 minutes than what watch or listen to that dross.

But thanks for answering my question... :)

Pickford to Everton for £17m in the summer according to Sunderland media.

Great signing at that price, will be a top GK for ages.

No Forster to Everton now assuming this happens. We had better hope he sorts himself out as he will likely be here next season.

Pickford to Everton for £17m in the summer according to Sunderland media.

Great signing at that price, will be a top GK for ages.

No Forster to Everton now assuming this happens. We had better hope he sorts himself out as he will likely be here next season.

Everton will no doubt sign a few players i would want for us.

Lets just hope ownership of the club (one way or another) gets sorted before the transfer window. Worse case scenario would be the two parties still thrashing it out and having a manager and DOF who don't know if the will still have a job come next season, the out going owner wanting to cash in on some assets before she goes the new owners coming in and deciding to shake things up by rushing to employ a new manager and some sort of marquee signing a week before the season starts. It could be a real mess :?.

Last point upon reflection.

I can't think of one player who has improved this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoshida, for one. Could have kept Fonte out of the starting XI at the beginning of the season.

Romeu's been awesome

Cedric's much more consistent

Ward-Prowse more effective

He think he's improving a number of players, and he's undoubtedly an intelligent guy who know's what he's talking about. I'm just not convinced the team is 'motivated' as a unit.

Links to Dendoncker, Vainqueur, Seri etc probably means we're looking at physical centre-midfielders; something we're lacking, IMO.

Seri is 5'5 but definitely we are seemingly looking at midfielders. Ability to cover ground the key attribute for me. We have never replaced that since Schneiderlin and its Clasie's biggest weakness.

Forward wise and probably from a non Saints perspective, but surely Iheanacho will be going somewhere in the summer, even if on loan. Ludicrous for someone of that potential to be a bit part player. He would start for most PL teams and in a whole season would be up amongst the top scorers IMO.

Links to Dendoncker, Vainqueur, Seri etc probably means we're looking at physical centre-midfielders; something we're lacking, IMO.

I would certainly hope we are looking for this type of midfielder. We would have been ****ed if Romeu had got injured this season.

Seri is 5'5 but definitely we are seemingly looking at midfielders. Ability to cover ground the key attribute for me. We have never replaced that since Schneiderlin and its Clasie's biggest weakness.

Forward wise and probably from a non Saints perspective, but surely Iheanacho will be going somewhere in the summer, even if on loan. Ludicrous for someone of that potential to be a bit part player. He would start for most PL teams and in a whole season would be up amongst the top scorers IMO.

Fair point on his height; still clearly looking for a midfielder who adds a physical edge, whether by strength or by covering ground quickly is what I should have said.

Iheanacho is very good but whether I'd want him on loan from another PL club without a realistic chance of getting him permanently, effectively developing their player without long term reward, is not something I'd really like to be honest. Better off paying

Fair point on his height; still clearly looking for a midfielder who adds a physical edge, whether by strength or by covering ground quickly is what I should have said.

Iheanacho is very good but whether I'd want him on loan from another PL club without a realistic chance of getting him permanently, effectively developing their player without long term reward, is not something I'd really like to be honest. Better off paying That is exactly the way I feel about loans. If loans came with a you want him he's yours totes deffo contract or were an emergency cover then I can see the point.

Caceres is not emergency cover. He is ball's up cover.

If we are talking centre midfielders I know it is a oldie but Feyanoord should win the Eredevise today and Tonny Vilhena has been excellent this season and at 22yrs old he could be ready but I don't know if his mums cancer is in remission which is what has kept him in rotterdam the last few years, he's on a new contract but we all know how that works.

You watch pied get lots of PR from the club over the summer in prep for him being our no. 1 right back next season

As long as we don't sign any cheap rubbish bargain basement right backs like we did when we sold Clyne. I mean what happened to that guy?

If we are talking centre midfielders I know it is a oldie but Feyanoord should win the Eredevise today and Tonny Vilhena has been excellent this season and at 22yrs old he could be ready but I don't know if his mums cancer is in remission which is what has kept him in rotterdam the last few years, he's on a new contract but we all know how that works.

Signed another new deal this week, so unlikely for at least another year

Could be right.

I think Cedric will go myself and Pied looked good in the one game I saw.

Funnily enough of all the "jewels" we could potentially sell, Cedric is the one I can see staying. Just a hunch, but he seems happy to be here. I think it's Bertrand and Virgil we'll lose this summer, and the jury (in my head) is out on Tadic. Really hope we keep Romeu too.

Funnily enough of all the "jewels" we could potentially sell, Cedric is the one I can see staying. Just a hunch, but he seems happy to be here. I think it's Bertrand and Virgil we'll lose this summer, and the jury (in my head) is out on Tadic. Really hope we keep Romeu too.

Losing 75% of our defence (VVD, Cedric, and Bertrand) is surely untenable especially as those 3 are, imo, 3 of our best 5 players. We should only be entertaining losing 1 of them max, and hopefully the long term contracts they all signed give us the balls to say no regardless of who may want them.