Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

If we are talking centre midfielders I know it is a oldie but Feyanoord should win the Eredevise today and Tonny Vilhena has been excellent this season and at 22yrs old he could be ready but I don't know if his mums cancer is in remission which is what has kept him in rotterdam the last few years, he's on a new contract but we all know how that works.

His mother passed away a few months ago. Dont think Vilhena will be a good fit tho in the EPL, he will struggle a lot with the pace and also he's a type of player we dont really need.

I would rather see Pröpper or Van Ginkel from PSV instead of Vilhena.

See Ziyech has been rated the best player in the Eredevise for this year by whoscored, another we missed out on, a faster younger version of tadic

Ziyech is a totally different player from Tadic, Ziyech is a proper attacking midfielder where Tadic is a winger. I would have liked to see Ziyech at Southampton but thats not going to happen anymore.

Malaga's Sandro Ramirez linked...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-eyeing-transfer-spain-u21-10311101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtBIy3kqm4

PRE-EMPTING THIS FORUM:

Can we avoid comparison to Gaston Ramirez because he has the same name, or Juanmi because he came from the same club...? Lets instead judge a player on his own merits rather than irrelevant & flawed comparison to another player.

off to Everton apparently

And rightly so - he's a very good player. I'd like to see Jason McCarthy as back up too.

Would be a huge risk to sell Cedric and have this guy as first choice - not that I think it'll happen. He may be a good player but he's only just back from a very serious injury and has only a few minutes in this league as a cameo.

If Bertrand was replaced with McQueen on the other side, there would be a strong whiff of asset stripping.

That would be an awesome signing.

Prob won't go past 10 goals in his first year in the Prem but after he's familiar with the league, who knows....

If we sign him for £7m, he'll be worth £30m two seasons down the line.

I'm extending our exclusive rights to #ZiyechWatch for 1 more summer, mate.

Ok I am in cos he is fun to watch anyway #ziyechwatch and I can go to the pre-season friendlies here in Amsterdam to give my scouting reports :-)

And here are some links to him from last month -

http://://fr.starafrica.com/football/articles/mercato-southampton-insiste-pour-hakim-ziyech/ - This is my favourite, says he is our priority signing for the summer :-)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/04/with-dusan-tadic-toiling-should-southampton-challenge-for-hakim/

http://://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/04/214237/snubbed-renard-hakim-ziyech-courted-english-clubs

My straws are being fully clutched

Edited by Convict Colony

Nobody reacted to that, so I post it again :

https://www.clubcall.com/southampton/southampton-eye-coco-move-1847960.html

A young french winger who can score...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrrf64Po8k8#t=1m02s

Interesting he looks like a hard and fast type runner who is physical and can score unlike tadic, what can you tell us about him ?

Have you seen him play? What's your verdict on him?

Interesting he looks like a hard and fast type runner who is physical and can score unlike tadic, what can you tell us about him ?

I only saw him twice so I cant' say a lot about him but he's indeed powerful and fast and he LOVES to dribble. His passing ability is not the best though.

He's not a finish product yet but he could become a quite good player with a manager who knows how to work with young players.

His 4 goals this season were all scored between september and november and the rest of the season was a bit more complicated for him but he's a regular starter in a French midtable team (Guingamp) at only 20yo. Also, he's a French U21 international.

I only saw him twice so I cant' say a lot about him but he's indeed powerful and fast and he LOVES to dribble. His passing ability is not the best though.

He's not a finish product yet but he could become a quite good player with a manager who knows how to work with young players.

His 4 goals this season were all scored between september and november and the rest of the season was a bit more complicated for him but he's a regular starter in a French midtable team (Guingamp) at only 20yo. Also, he's a French U21 international.

sounds similar to Boufal.

Here's something on Seri. The price seems a bit steep for a Saints transfer. Also we seem to be getting lumped in with Everton in more than a few of these rumours:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-southampton-target-available-e40m-summer-agreement-reached/

hahahahah 40mil that is surely a joke, if they bought him for 850K 2yrs ago (claude bought him), he has played well in a French League I think he would be more of a 15mil signing or 20mil euro but I rate him for sure.

O

We should be all over Sanchez from Ajax, we probably don't have much chance getting him but man that guy is good.

Yeah watched this last night he is proper mustard.

Also took a good look at Davy K and he would defo be perfect for the davis role, the amount of times I saw him win the ball and then look forward first to ping the ball and also run into the box for crosses etc.

The streets of Amsterdam were out in force last night, will defo be going to the pub to watch the final.

Edit - I will not be going to the pub as I realised I will be in the air on the way to africa on 24th May.

Yeah watched this last night he is proper mustard.

Also took a good look at Davy K and he would defo be perfect for the davis role, the amount of times I saw him win the ball and then look forward first to ping the ball and also run into the box for crosses etc.

The streets of Amsterdam were out in force last night, will defo be going to the pub to watch the final.

Edit - I will not be going to the pub as I realised I will be in the air on the way to africa on 24th May.

Im not sold on Klaassen, works hard and all that but he's not the type of midfielder that i like. He's the type of player thats ok in everything but doesn't shine in anything.

From the midfielders Ajax has i rather see Ziyech or Van de Beek, last one will become a absolute top notch player. That kid just oozes class just like Dolberg but well all names we have no shot at im afraid.

Hasn't worked out at stoke, with Hughes hinting at a sale... I reckon a cut price IMBULA would be a great signing for us. If we can get s big name like Krychowiak or Carvalho, wouldn't be disapointed with this. Big, strong and quality in distribution.

Romeu-IMBULA would make such a difference to Our team and play

If we are getting rid of a couple of strikers, I would try and get in Gignac from Tigres. He scored plenty of goals in France and has scored for fun there. He's 31 but that didn't stop Lambert or Pelle and would add a different dimension. Tigres signed him on a free so might look to make a profit

Hasn't worked out at stoke, with Hughes hinting at a sale... I reckon a cut price IMBULA would be a great signing for us. If we can get s big name like Krychowiak or Carvalho, wouldn't be disapointed with this. Big, strong and quality in distribution.

Romeu-IMBULA would make such a difference to Our team and play

I remember being linked to Krychowiak last summer, PSG fans saying he's been a bit of a dud so could be back on the cards? Sounds exactly like our type of signing to me - proven class who had a bad season(s) with a big club due to lack of game time.

Im not sold on Klaassen, works hard and all that but he's not the type of midfielder that i like. He's the type of player thats ok in everything but doesn't shine in anything.

From the midfielders Ajax has i rather see Ziyech or Van de Beek, last one will become a absolute top notch player. That kid just oozes class just like Dolberg but well all names we have no shot at im afraid.

Klassen has just scored his 14th goal from midfield, I get what you are saying but he would offer something we currently don't have from our midfield a goal threat.

Barring a 12 goal swing we're going to finish above West Ham, for the 4th year in a row.

Please can we not moan about how we're not doing as well as them in the transfer window again.

Having looked at the table and fixtures, a Spurs win on Thursday against Leicester would mean a guarenteed top 10 finish for us, as Leicester then play Bournmouth on the last day and if they've lost to Spurs, both couldn't then overtake us.

Barring a 12 goal swing we're going to finish above West Ham, for the 4th year in a row.

Please can we not moan about how we're not doing as well as them in the transfer window again.

And Stoke. And Palace.

But no doubt we won't make it to mid June before the forum intelligentsia start openly weeping about how, yet again, those three clubs are going to leave us behind. Just like last June. And the one before that.

Shaqiri. They signed Shaqiri etc etc etc.