Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Question is who is going to want him? Can't believe any of the big boys would consider him an upgrade. Even most of the mid table sides have better options.

The go to mugs would have to be West Ham, I would think. R U Enjoy ur new Fonte for £8m? Can we interest you in a Forster for £15m, or a Shane Long for £18m?

Who are the 6 / 7 if you don't mind me asking, would like to see if it tots up with my suspicions, from the snippets I've been given.

Bertrand

Long

Forster

Cedric

Tadic

Jay Rod

Austin

Only two of those I'd be bothered about leaving.

Not a problem if Forster, Long, Jay Rod go.

I like Tadic but I also want to see Boufal given some more support and worked into the side as an integral part so wouldn't be too annoyed if Tadic leaves. Opens up a bit more space for Sims, as well, who I think could be really good.

Bertrand... well, it's a shame but he's been a bit half-arsed lately so no point losing any sleep over it.

Cedric - again, a shame but I think we could sign a decent enough replacement. He's a good player but he's not so good that he will be really hard to replace.

The real disappointment will be if VVD leaves, obviously.

The worry for me is that if Ryan leaves, the club will try to stick with Mcqueen and Targett. Both aren't good enough to be regular first 11 players for where we 'aspire' to be - in my opinion. If we pocket £20-25m for Ryan and then promote those two, it's a recipe for regression.

I could be totally wrong of course!!

The worry for me is that if Ryan leaves, the club will try to stick with Mcqueen and Targett. Both aren't good enough to be regular first 11 players for where we 'aspire' to be - in my opinion. If we pocket £20-25m for Ryan and then promote those two, it's a recipe for regression.

I could be totally wrong of course!!

wouldn't it all be part of the club master plan to field half team of academy products....

Would be a decent master plan if they didn't flog off the best ones....!

Quite - the haste to sell Shaw was almost indecent. We probably couldn't have stopped it happening and got a good price but rather undermined the vision.

Ryan leaving and no quality replacement = relegation battle. McQueen has looked decent but over a whole season? RB, Cedric and VVD are key for me in terms of retention, not bothered about any of the others. If VVD does go, half the money on a CB replacement/s and half on a really good centre-mid with bite to go alongside OR.

I agree with what Benji said earlier about seeing more of Sims next term - but in a different system under a new manager, the current set up would ruin a fine natural talent. Otherwise, keep OR, JWP, Redmond and Gabbi - rest is available at near our valuation. Boufal maybe keep - may do better in a more positive regime.

Kaveh Solhekol‏ @SkyKaveh

Arsenal in talks to sign Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru from Belgian side KAS Eupen. Release clause £6.8m. Top scorer in Belgium

Everton, Southampton, West Brom & Middlesbrough also trying to sign Henry Onyekuru. He's a massive Arsenal fan. Dream to play for Arsenal

Lots of clubs in for Onyekuru but Arsenal 1st choice: Everton, Southampton, WBA, Swansea, West Ham, Anderlecht, Brugge, Borussia Dortmund

Arsenal in talks to sign Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru from Belgian side KAS Eupen. Release clause £6.8m. Top scorer in Belgium

Everton, Southampton, West Brom & Middlesbrough also trying to sign Henry Onyekuru. He's a massive Arsenal fan. Dream to play for Arsenal

Lots of clubs in for Onyekuru but Arsenal 1st choice: Everton, Southampton, WBA, Swansea, West Ham, Anderlecht, Brugge, Borussia Dortmund

****sake he'd be a great signing :-(

how the hell can Bournemouth pay 130K a week? Allegedly Harry Kane only earns a 100K a week..

The most probable answer is that they can't and they don't. These "a week" figures are usually way off the mark. He was able to leave on some sort of exit free clause I think so probably got a bit of a signing on bonus which is then divided over his contract length to give an exceptional "a week" sum.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Not to mention the Nigerian kid who plays in Belgium.

The story on Iheanacho mentions that we're going to lose out to Arsenal on Onyekuru, and Iheanacho is our next target, along with "West Han". Pretty good next target if you ask me.

Shame about Onyekuru. Nothing stunts a young player's development like spending the season stuck on Wenger's bench.

The story on Iheanacho mentions that we're going to lose out to Arsenal on Onyekuru, and Iheanacho is our next target, along with "West Han". Pretty good next target if you ask me.

Shame about Onyekuru. Nothing stunts a young player's development like spending the season stuck on Wenger's bench.

Hopefully we can beat West Ham to Iheanacho whilst they are trying to sign Neymar & Higuain.

Surely we could insist on him being part of a deal, should any of our players go to Citeh?

Not that anyone really does cash plus a player deals these days, but I'd take Patrick Roberts in a heartbeat. Can't see City finding room for him among their attacking riches, but he's a very talented kid.

EVERTON IN SECOND BOWLER BID

Everton are preparing a second bid for QPR teenager Josh Bowler after their initial £3m offer was turned down, SSNHQ understands.

The West London club rejected Everton’s initial bid yesterday with payment schedules thought to be the major sticking point. Bowler attracted an initial offer of £1.5m, with the rest of the fee due in add-ons.

The 18-year-old midfielder, who signed his first professional contract in February this year, made his debut for Rangers in the 4-0 defeat at Norwich on the final day of the Championship season. He joined the club in 2013 after being released by Fulham.

That was they. They also had the Portugal flag today. Bertrand seemed to know them well and even gave them a cuddle.

You are right in that we aren't Ryan's friends, but he does know two of our group from spending time with them at the last two players awards, the masks are Ryan masks that one of the guys got made and can be seen being worn by Ryan in the club's lap of appreciation footage on Facebook. To be honest he didn't give away any secrets or revelations when he came over, just appreciated the effort we had made for him as we all give both him & Cedric a lot of personal encouragement each match especially the guy who got the masks made, who is always shouting encouragement to him every time he comes near him.

Right am I only one that thinks this is ****ing insane

Jermain Defoe agrees three-year deal with Bournemouth worth a staggering £130,000 a week

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/jermain-defoe-agrees-three-year-deal-with-bournemouth-worth-a-staggering-%C2%A3130000-a-week/ar-BBBstiP?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

He's on £65k. I'd have him like a shot. Which is what he does. Unlike our strikers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So 65K basic and 130K with bonuses that's much better

plus this little gem

Bournemouth are also offering Chelsea’s John Terry £100,000-a-week as they look to add experience to their squad ahead of their third Premier League campaign.

So how do a club with a 11,464 capacity stadium and 2 million a year shirt sponsor find the money to start throwing those sort of wages about?