Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I've read some reviews about him and by all accounts he had an exceptional season last season. He comes across as the perfect long term Davis replacement, and even looks like him a bit! Plus he has an eye for goal and would continue the excellent business with Celtic. (irrespective of what their fans feel!) Apparently he has only got a year left on his contract and is stalling on a new one, so I shouldn't think the transfer fee is that high either. Get it done Saints. (I'd still want a big bastard of a defensive midfielder too!)

Imagine Celtic fans view us in a similar vain that we do of the scousers.

I've read some reviews about him and by all accounts he had an exceptional season last season. He comes across as the perfect long term Davis replacement, and even looks like him a bit! Plus he has an eye for goal and would continue the excellent business with Celtic. (irrespective of what their fans feel!) Apparently he has only got a year left on his contract and is stalling on a new one, so I shouldn't think the transfer fee is that high either. Get it done Saints. (I'd still want a big bastard of a defensive midfielder too!)

Imagine Celtic fans view us in a similar vain that we do of the scousers.

This feels like a more realistic (but nowhere near as good) alternative to Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Leicester and Everton heavily linked with Sigurdsson. Why is he an unrealistic target? Lets be honest, if Bournemouth can spend £20m on a CB, there should be no reason why we can't spend £30m (especially given half of that will be Jay-Rod money) for a player we've needed and wanted for years (a goal scoring midfielder).

If we want to move forward and break into the top 7 next season we need to go for the best we can attract, not the cheaper option.

This feels like a more realistic (but nowhere near as good) alternative to Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Leicester and Everton heavily linked with Sigurdsson. Why is he an unrealistic target? Lets be honest, if Bournemouth can spend £20m on a CB, there should be no reason why we can't spend £30m (especially given half of that will be Jay-Rod money) for a player we've needed and wanted for years (a goal scoring midfielder).

If we want to move forward and break into the top 7 next season we need to go for the best we can attract, not the cheaper option.

I do agree. Making an occasional splash like this might also convince some like VVD, Bertrand and Cedric that would do have genuine ambitions to crack the top 6. Big money signings don't always come off, but they do give some sense of where a team would like to go.

I do agree. Making an occasional splash like this might also convince some like VVD, Bertrand and Cedric that would do have genuine ambitions to crack the top 6. Big money signings don't always come off, but they do give some sense of where a team would like to go.

Pretty sure Siggurdsson is going to Everton to replace Barkley....

Pretty sure Siggurdsson is going to Everton to replace Barkley....

Given the players we are being linked to are at the cheap end of the market I don't see us spending any large sums on one player alone. Club would rather develop raw talent as that fits in with the business model. Unless vvd gets sold I think we're in for a quiet summer as Les Reed indicated at awards night. I almost would approve vvd being sold if it meant we bought some established players with the money received in key areas.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Given the players we are being linked to are at the cheap end of the market I don't see us spending any large sums on one player alone. Club would rather develop raw talent as that fits in with the business model. Unless vvd gets sold I think we're in for a quiet summer as Les Reed indicated at awards night. I almost would approve vvd being sold if it meant we bought some established players with the money received in key areas.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

The idea of buying young talent to coach while holding our established stars is my idea of the pefect plan, we don't need expensive signings if we hold what we've got. Expensive signings often disappoint and not only with Saints, and they often disrupt wage structure and team ethic. So far this summer, so good!

The idea of buying young talent to coach while holding our established stars is my idea of the pefect plan, we don't need expensive signings if we hold what we've got. Expensive signings often disappoint and not only with Saints, and they often disrupt wage structure and team ethic. So far this summer, so good!

We need to keep what we have and then build by getting 2 or 3 key players. A CB, DM and AM (no10) should be a priority. I'd also like another forward (wouldn't be arsed with Long and or Austin going. Preferably Long).

We need to keep what we have and then build by getting 2 or 3 key players. A CB, DM and AM (no10) should be a priority. I'd also like another forward (wouldn't be arsed with Long and or Austin going. Preferably Long).

You've answered it yourself.

You've answered it yourself.

I think you should add a keeper to that list. So actually we need quite a lot

I think you should add a keeper to that list. So actually we need quite a lot