Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Who are the goalscoring midfielders? I mean Sigurdsson is £50m for scoring a fair few, but he played pretty far forward too. Can we get better than Tadic and Boufal? Both should be looking to score 8+ with their ability.

With Romeu and Hojbjerg sitting deeper we basically need 4 in front of them who can all score a few. Redmond, Tadic, Boufal, JWP, Gabbiadini, Austin. Under the right management, with some consistent form all of them can do it. There's no doubt we need one of the strikers to have a great season for us to do really well though.

I think Armstrong is like a cheaper (& not as good) version of Sigurdsson.

Fair enough. I don't know the first thing about him and five minutes ago I had no idea who he is.

Good luck to him.

I'm in the need of a bit of a life, as i do watch a fair bit of Spanish football. Loved watching him at Villarreal. That's what I'm basing my thoughts on! Hasn't had much of a chance at Atletcio.

I'm in the need of a bit of a life, as i do watch a fair bit of Spanish football. Loved watching him at Villarreal. That's what I'm basing my thoughts on! Hasn't had much of a chance at Atletcio.

This is also something we can be pretty sure the new gaffer knows all about too.

Be interesting if any of the usual suspects in the media run with this as well.

The gaffer clearly knows all about him so I'm happy with that. The £20m price tag to AM suggests he clearly has something.

A more exciting signing than Jermaine Defoe anyway.

Agree about the pace. I wasn't sure that he played out wide as well though.
Can see him as the spare man, no.10 role. Drifting about linking up play he will need runners around him, which Gabbiadini does well on the shoulder of defence

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good ball control and awareness of those around him. Doesn't look the out and out striker but could be useful in the AM role (all based on one YouTube vid tho).

1 league goal, 6 league goals in his last two seasons as a striker. Brilliant.

I'll write off who I want when I want and quite frankly this guy looks like the worst signing we've made since Lee Todd.

OK is there anyone out there who HASN'T filed this one away for future quoting??

Saints currently 5/6 favs on Sky bet to sign Chalobah. Might be something in this.

Wasnt he one of the three(?) along with Ward-Prowse and Redmond who trained with / made the England squad in Southgate's first or second match in charge? Certainly got a lot of potential in an area where we dont have much strength in depth, especially now Reed's gone out on loan.

Clasie out, Chalobah in please. Would be happy to sign Chalobah but not sure he'll come in and do a job as a starter straight away. Therefore, use him as backup/rotation instead of Clasie and still go out and sign a bl00dy good CM.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4000582/chelsea-transfer-news-nathaniel-chalobah-to-join-blues-exodus-in-bargain-5m-deal-with-watford-and-swansea-interested/ No mention of saints being in for Chalobah here, although it does say other prem teams have been alerted to the low price tag. I really hope we make a move for him, definitely a more of a draw than watford or swansea surely!

Hope you're right mate.

I think we will put our faith in PEH.

You're right on this I think. I'm confident that given a run in the team under the right manager we will have a serious gem on our hands. That said, at £5m it would almost be silly not to pursue Chabolah as well.

You're right on this I think. I'm confident that given a run in the team under the right manager we will have a serious gem on our hands.

So easy to forget how young he is.

That said, at £5m it would almost be silly not to pursue Chabolah as well.

The FA are big fans of his & are desperate for him to get game time. £5m is an utter bargain by today's standards.

He's got fantastic experience for his age & pretty much ticks all of our boxes.

So easy to forget how young he is.

The FA are big fans of his & are desperate for him to get game time. £5m is an utter bargain by today's standards.

He's got fantastic experience for his age & pretty much ticks all of our boxes.

I'd be staggered if we weren't in for him, especially at that price. Whether or not he prefers somewhere else is another matter.

Smalling linked with wba. Would like him here if he is available.

Really a bloke who always looks like he was press ganged outside a pompey pub and instead of waking up to find himself bobbing about far out to sea with the King's shilling in his pocket, Smalling finds himself in the penalty box wearing a Manchester United shirt with a look of "someone is going to spot that I am not actually a real footballer in a minute!!!"! Most Man U fans I know think that is a pretty good analogy of the bloke.

Also as soon as he is out playing elsewhere, he will no longer have the Man U shirt invisibility cloak on and will be giving penalties away willy nilly. With the amount of blatant shirt pulling he gets away with.

It would be good 'though if we did actually sign somebody soon. Mind you Benitez is also finding this window frustrating as asking prices for even journeymen are beyond ridiculous in this season's inflated financial climate.

Why do we actually need to sign someone soon? The success of a window is not how much business you do, and how much you spend, but the quality/cost balance of anyone we do bring in.

My guess is that any signings we do make will be virtually unknown, off the radar, kept secret until they happen and at sensible prices.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Funny how Benitez spent a massive pile when in the championship and Newcastle were the big fish. Back in the premier he's moaning that players are too expensive.

The prices just indicate the TV money. All the other clubs here and around Europe know how much revenue is in our game so the price of players simply goes up to reflect it.

Liverpool will baulk at the fee for VvD but yet they still want 30 mill for Sakho.....

I am actually quite content with our squad the way it is with no Europa League. Provided no one leaves, all I want is a ball playing midfielder who makes off the ball runs through the centre. If we buy that and no one leaves, I'd be happy.

Funny how Benitez spent a massive pile when in the championship and Newcastle were the big fish. Back in the premier he's moaning that players are too expensive.

The prices just indicate the TV money. All the other clubs here and around Europe know how much revenue is in our game so the price of players simply goes up to reflect it.

Liverpool will baulk at the fee for VvD but yet they still want 30 mill for Sakho.....

In this market Id be happy enough to pay 30m provided that he replicated his form at Palace, that is if it wasnt for the fact that I think we need an AM or CM as more of a priority