Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I believe we have not taken a youngster on loan to develop since 2012.

I doubt we are going to start now.

Probably 1 of 3 things.

1. Could of offered it as part of the Bertrand offer but as an option to buy him.

2. Agent talk to generate interest from any club.

3. Sun make it up as they need to fill some bull**** space.

It's in the Daily Mail too which may make it ever so slightly more believable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4709030/Southampton-want-Manchester-City-s-Patrick-Roberts-loan.html

It's in the Daily Mail too which may make it ever so slightly more believable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4709030/Southampton-want-Manchester-City-s-Patrick-Roberts-loan.html

They copy each other.

Makes me laugh when they say they will see how he gets on in pre season training.

The guy needs to play like a dog then if he wants out.

The l Lou my . L pp law my love l LP pp lolppo

Lip post opI no longer in i

longer polo Lu u be Lu. Lovely place

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Makes as much sense as most of the posts on here. ? Must learn to lock the keyboard before putting phone in pocket. Doh.

oh my, however did we finish 8th last season then if we are missing 3 quality players. We could spend 60 or 70 million on the positions you say, we probably wouldn't finish any higher in the league though. We are what we are and only really serious money will change that.

You know the answer to that yourself! We finished 8th only because there are 13 crap teams in the PL and we just about managed to be top of that list. You only need to compare our goals and points tallies with the year before to realise there is a great deal wrong with our set up that needs to be fixed. Stop deluding yourself or you

So, as mentioned on the FF new contract thread, FF signing a new deal was predicted yesterday on Sotonions. The same poster also said yesterday that a defender was rumoured to be incoming. Today, he added that the rumoured incoming defender was from a Dutch club starting with "A". It might be all speculation, teasing and baseless rumours, but he is 50% right so far, so I thought that I'd throw it out here...

So, as mentioned on the FF new contract thread, FF signing a new deal was predicted yesterday on Sotonions. The same poster also said yesterday that a defender was rumoured to be incoming. Today, he added that the rumoured incoming defender was from a Dutch club starting with "A". It might be all speculation, teasing and baseless rumours, but he is 50% right so far, so I thought that I'd throw it out here...

An ITK with a 50% record is better than some of the one's with 0% success rate :)

Did the Ajax lad Jairo Riedewald sign for Palace in the end?

Said poster is Dubai Phil. I wondered where he had got to.

Maybe Davinson Sanchez ?

Talking of Ajax lets reflect who led the Eredivisie last season for the below attacking stats :D

MOST ASSISTS

HAKIM ZIYECH - 12 OPPORTUNITIES

MOST OF OPPORTUNITIES CREATED

HAKIM ZIYECH- 116 ATTEMPTS

MOST GOAL ATTEMPTS

HAKIM ZIYECH - 114 ATTEMPTS

#ZIYECHWATCH

We aren't the kind of guys to say we told you so, but.....

Screw the black box they should just ask us :lol:

I was just thinking how easy it must be to be head of recruitment at a club like Liverpool where you get paid a fortune to basically come up with "Van Dijk" & "Keita" as good options to sign at the end of a season :)

Getting someone like Sanchez in would be good succession planning for when VvD does leave - a bit like when we brought Romeu in when we knew Wanyama would be going the following summer.

I'm guessing Bednarek will mostly play in the u23's next year so it will give us a season to bed both him and any long-term VvD replacement in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krychowiak has been left out of PSG's pre season camp, he would be an amazing signing or Carvalho.

I agree but he's way out of our league. Same goes for Sigurdsson, same with Wilshere, same with all hyped/well known players out there.

Problem we have and a frustration of mine is despite the recent successes 8,7,6,8 we haven't really pushed ahead of teams like Palace and WHU in terms of appeal to players and managers it seems.

In fact teams like AFCB have now closed the gap.

Unless something changes we are destined for a decade of 8-17 place league finishes and the excitement of an occasional cup run.....

#WeMarchOn

We are being cautious / smart that is why. After all if we keep the spine of the team together for this season for us that is massive. It will send out a message that we will not just roll over and have our best players cherry picked.

Who are we actually linked to? Ajax have some decent players intact plenty of young talent in that league....

Problem we have and a frustration of mine is despite the recent successes 8,7,6,8 we haven't really pushed ahead of teams like Palace and WHU in terms of appeal to players and managers it seems.

In fact teams like AFCB have now closed the gap.

Unless something changes we are destined for a decade of 8-17 place league finishes and the excitement of an occasional cup run.....

#WeMarchOn

Our first season in the last 8 where we haven't improved our league position.

I think we all need to participate in an act of mass urination of our collective mattresses to register our disgust at such a situation.

That will show them we mean business.

Do you think the reason why we haven't signed anyone for the first team yet is that we aren't prepared to pay the prices currently being banded about and are holding off to try and get better value later in the window?

Do you think the reason why we haven't signed anyone for the first team yet is that we aren't prepared to pay the prices currently being banded about and are holding off to try and get better value later in the window?

That and the usual case of wanting the new manager to assess what he has already....

Will the prices be better later in the window? if anything the closer to deadline day the higher the prices as clubs will be less inclined to sell with replacements being hard to get late in the window. Also the more crazy deals done will just convince other clubs to push up their asking prices to get a piece of the bonkers transfer fees pie.

Will the prices be better later in the window? if anything the closer to deadline day the higher the prices as clubs will be less inclined to sell with replacements being hard to get late in the window. Also the more crazy deals done will just convince other clubs to push up their asking prices to get a piece of the bonkers transfer fees pie.

It depends, if there is a player who a club are keen to move on then sometimes yes. However the more compelling argument is that if you were the new manager I would hope that you may want to actually work with and see your current squad play before you make knee jerk decisions on who you need. No?

It depends, if there is a player who a club are keen to move on then sometimes yes. However the more compelling argument is that if you were the new manager I would hope that you may want to actually work with and see your current squad play before you make knee jerk decisions on who you need. No?

I'm not even sure that works now Liverpool demanding 30 million for Sakho a player they clearly don't want, or man city seemingly unable to get rid of Joe Hart except as a loan seems to be the new way forward.

I'm not even sure that works now Liverpool demanding 30 million for Sakho a player they clearly don't want, or man city seemingly unable to get rid of Joe Hart except as a loan seems to be the new way forward.

Clubs like Everton will need to offload players because of a high wage bills.

If clubs don't make offers for players then it could mean good loan options for us if they choose to pay half of the wages.

Clubs like Everton will need to offload players because of a high wage bills.

If clubs don't make offers for players then it could mean good loan options for us if they choose to pay half of the wages.

Don't think we're really a club that takes a great interest in having players on loan from other prem clubs. Was Bertrand the last one ? Seems that Everton have already offloaded a few players, I think that so far they've got more in than they've paid out and there's still Barkley to go. Perhaps not on salaries though, then again they have a new sponsor, no doubt a fix up by their owner, who's giving them far more than Chang.

Edited by Window Cleaner

You would also like to think that Black, Watson and Read with have also feed back to the new boss where they feel we need to buy though? We don't need many, just 3 or 4 i say. CB / DCM / ACM / CF (poss)

You would also like to think that Black, Watson and Read with have also feed back to the new boss where they feel we need to buy though? We don't need many, just 3 or 4 i say. CB / DCM / ACM / CF (poss)

We could get away with just one really quality central midfielder to play alongside Romeu.

Shame in hindsight we didnt opt for Gueye when we signed Clasie - he would be ideal.

Need someone in that area who is different from what we have (i.e can run) and who would go straight into our best XI.

If Virgil stays, we don't need CB. DCM, yes for the right player at the right price, but not critical. ACM - we're overloaded already, so not unless someone leaves. We have Gabbiadini, Long, Austin and Gallagher, so don't expect CF.

I doubt we'll get more than one or two in, and very possibly none.

Not that we're going to be in for him, but Barkley should be a much better deal in the final days of the transfer window.

Everton are holding out for a huge fee for a player with one year left on his contract who has turned down all offers to extend it. If he's still there when the window closes, they'll have held out for £50m only to lose him for free (in 12 months).

Given Spurs are supposedly interested in him, and Daniel Levy is a notorious tightwad, I'd expect that transfer to happen maybe as late as deadline day, to squeeze the price as low as it'll go.