Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

He also needs to stop b*tching and moaning at everyone else - seemed to spend the whole second half whinging at Targett.

Yes, that's not a very attractive quality he has picked up. You know when he his game is off, it's everyone's fault.

Wouldn't say no to Pelle, but we may need a Mane type to pick up his flicks and chest downs.

IMO, Boudebouz is way better than Boufal.

Boufal has in a way the same flaws as Ben Arfa, he always think he can win a game by himself and tries ridiculous dribbles.

Boudebouz is a more mature player (he's 27yo) who love to dribble but who also know when passing is better.

He scored 11 times this season but also delivered 9 assists in a terrible Montpellier team (15th) when Boufal scored 11 goals + 5 assists when Lille was 5th last year...

Boudebouz = Boufal + better decision making + very good ability at passing + excellent set pieces.

Boufal has in a way the same flaws as Ben Arfa, he always think he can win a game by himself and tries ridiculous dribbles.

Boudebouz is a more mature player (he's 27yo) who love to dribble but who also know when passing is better.

He scored 11 times this season but also delivered 9 assists in a terrible Montpellier team (15th) when Boufal scored 11 goals + 5 assists when Lille was 5th last year...

Boudebouz = Boufal + better decision making + very good ability at passing + excellent set pieces.

Thanks for the info though I imagine as saints have already gone for Boufal they aren't going to come in for a second similar player especially as we need to rebuild our holding/central midfield with some quality and our striker options need an upgrade.

Do not agree at all with this analysis.

Boufal has way more skill than Ryad, Ryad also take pens free kicks and corners so his stats are bound to be better than Boufal's.

Also no sure if Ryad has the strength to succeed here. Boufal has more strength than him and struggles with this aspect here.

Boufal is also way younger so has even more potential to improve

Calling my bro Supersaint

#Ziyech

C_3zDuOXoAAea1P.jpg:large

Ziyech is a amazing player and is thriving under Peter Bosz at Ajax. If I am right Ajax paid around 10 million euro for Ziyech, we would have to pay silly money to get him.

I doubt if Ziyech would've suited to the PL, he would have to bulk up significantly.

The player we should have signed last summer is Pione Sisto from Celta de Vigo. Celta signed him for 5 million from some Danish club last summer.

Sisto was ok but not great against us certainly not a player who stood out, then again liverpool thought that of Aspas and he looks different player bow

Sisto is very much a raw talent, but with the right coaching and environment he could become a very good player. Got good pace and can score goals (something we seem to have forgotten).

Do not agree at all with this analysis.

Boufal has way more skill than Ryad, Ryad also take pens free kicks and corners so his stats are bound to be better than Boufal's.

Also no sure if Ryad has the strength to succeed here. Boufal has more strength than him and struggles with this aspect here.

Boufal is also way younger so has even more potential to improve

I'm not sure about Boufal skills being better than Boudebouz ones...

Yes, Boudebouz is also a set pieces kicker, and it's a plus for him compared to Boufal...

If you're talking about physical strength, yep Boufal is better, but Boudebouz is more physically similar to Mahrez so I don't think that's a big no no.

And yes Boufal has more potential, but it's only "potential", he could also fail and stay an average player as he is now. With Boudebouz, you know what you buy.

Ziyech is a amazing player and is thriving under Peter Bosz at Ajax. If I am right Ajax paid around 10 million euro for Ziyech, we would have to pay silly money to get him.

I doubt if Ziyech would've suited to the PL, he would have to bulk up significantly.

The player we should have signed last summer is Pione Sisto from Celta de Vigo. Celta signed him for 5 million from some Danish club last summer.

That Danish club happens to be Midgetland!!!

Sisto was ok but not great against us certainly not a player who stood out, then again liverpool thought that of Aspas and he looks different player bow

Suggested a couple of times as a potential Mane replacement last summer. Not a popular choice with the Davo-brigade.

Sisto is very much a raw talent, but with the right coaching and environment he could become a very good player. Got good pace and can score goals (something we seem to have forgotten).

I was calling for him to be the Mane replacement. Still would take him now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Judging by the way they acted in the lap of appreciation, i'd say cedric is definitely off, Van Dijk is likely off and Bertrand is possibly off.

I made a run for it before that. Care to expand?

Judging by the way they acted in the lap of appreciation, i'd say cedric is definitely off, Van Dijk is likely off and Bertrand is possibly off.

I know when the end of season is kicking into gear when we go into "lap of appreciation exit watch" mode.

I look forward to K, Billy / Guan next telling us what players have said they want to leave.

I stayed on for the players to come out and say thank you to the fans....surely it is them saying thank you to us for putting up with the constant crap we have served you all season at home???

Anyway, enough of my bitterness after another abject performance.

If the walk around was any sign of what players were off i would that Cedric is off.....he was the one player who really stood and applauded the fans for the longest as if to say thank you and goodbye.....he could just as easily have been more grateful to those of us that stayed to applaud the players.

Bertrand just did not look interested at all and i think he is already gone

VVD....I still have no idea....Desperate for him to stay but knowing this board i wouldnt be surprised to see them accept a big offer

I made a run for it before that. Care to expand?

Cedric stood right in front of the Northam for ages applauding, waving and mouthing "thank you" while they chanted for him. Bertrand hung back behind everyone else and looked bored. Van Dijk was stood apart from everyone else with two groups either side when the players all stopped in front of the Northam.

Cedric stood right in front of the Northam for ages applauding, waving and mouthing "thank you" while they chanted for him. Bertrand hung back behind everyone else and looked bored. Van Dijk was stood apart from everyone else with two groups either side when the players all stopped in front of the Northam.

Bertrand spent a lot of time chatting with some of his friends down by the hoardings. They were wearing some sorts of cardboard masks.

Bertrand spent a lot of time chatting with some of his friends down by the hoardings. They were wearing some sorts of cardboard masks.

Not sure they're his friends, just die hard fans. One of the guys jumps around the sideline (with more passion than Puel lolz) at any bad decision....they seem to 'support' a different player every match, e.g. they had a Portugal flag for Cedric against Utd on Weds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure they're his friends, just die hard fans. One of the guys jumps around the sideline (with more passion than Puel lolz) at any bad decision....they seem to 'support' a different player every match, e.g. they had a Portugal flag for Cedric against Utd on Weds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was they. They also had the Portugal flag today. Bertrand seemed to know them well and even gave them a cuddle.

Rather get Quincy Promes for that kind of money.

We need another Mané on the right side of the attack more than anything. That and another Schneiderlin in midfield like Ceballos from Betis and a new goalkeeper like Szczesny should be the top 3 priorities. CB comes fourth.

Shane Long is off to West Ham

Bertrand is off to Man City

VVD is off to Chelsea

Good source.

I got shot down when I said about Bertrand to city a little while ago, I was told about that and Forster leaving too

Shane Long is off to West Ham

Bertrand is off to Man City

VVD is off to Chelsea

Good source.

Very interesting that you mention this.

Heard a total of 6 players (1 more player is unsure at the moment) have put out feeders to clubs regarding availability.

Lots of press speculation is correct because they have feed them through agents.

They have done it early because they fear it's a first out the door policy before it's too late. (Like Wanyama a few seasons back)

Reasons why they want out is because of **** training sessions, squad rotations and generally fed up with the management & fitness staff.

Imho (I have no idea) Reed needs to make a decision on the management as mind games have already started between players and Mr Reed.

I got shot down when I said about Bertrand to city a little while ago, I was told about that and Forster leaving too

He is one of the 3 that I was told wanted out. I'm not sure if Puel going with change this, or if we will even sell though, I suspect with lack of quality in the market, and with a few top clubs looking to replace in this area, that we won't sell.

He is one of the 3 that I was told wanted out. I'm not sure if Puel going with change this, or if we will even sell though, I suspect with lack of quality in the market, and with a few top clubs looking to replace in this area, that we won't sell.

I probably wouldn't complain too much if we sold FF & replaced him with Pickford.

Very interesting that you mention this.

Heard a total of 6 players (1 more player is unsure at the moment) have put out feeders to clubs regarding availability.

Lots of press speculation is correct because they have feed them through agents.

They have done it early because they fear it's a first out the door policy before it's too late. (Like Wanyama a few seasons back)

Reasons why they want out is because of **** training sessions, squad rotations and generally fed up with the management & fitness staff.

Imho (I have no idea) Reed needs to make a decision on the management as mind games have already started between players and Mr Reed.

Who are the 6 / 7 if you don't mind me asking, would like to see if it tots up with my suspicions, from the snippets I've been given.

Bertrand

Long

Forster

Cedric

Tadic

Jay Rod

Austin

I probably wouldn't complain too much if we sold FF & replaced him with Pickford.

Not a chance - Too expensive (I think Sunderland have quoted something stupid like £30m) and bigger clubs after him.

He could possibly end up at Everton if they don't go for Hart or FF....

Forster hopes to catch a cab out as soon as possible but might just stand still as it whistles past him