Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Semedo was surely one, as we were supposed to have been lining him up for 18 months.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Definitely Semedo (although didn't he move to Villarreal pre MP's appointment?) also think we lost Defrel to Roma. Can't imagine we'd have lost out on Chabolah to Watford (nor that MP was referring to them when he mentioned important clubs). Could possibly have lost Murphy to Newcastle as imagine they are paying more than we are and can offer guaranteed game time whereas he'd have to compete with Redmond/Tadic/Boufal here.

Mane couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo when he first started , it was only later that he showed some talent and towards the end we only saw that when were playing a potential transfer target team !!!!

Loved his 15 min hat trick though.

Can't agree with you there. He was a big erratic but incredibly exciting. You could tell straight away he was going to be something special.

It wasn't, actually. He took time to start showing what he could do. Some on here had written him off after three or four games.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Those people were idiots. I watched his first three games for us and it was obvious he was going to be class.

He had a crap period, although the whole team did.

Wasn't there a massive thread about him created after that defeat against Sheffield United?

For all the flack Puel got last season (and rightly so in part) that Sheff Utd game remains the worst Saints performance, given the stakes, that I've seen since we were promoted back to the PL. For everything that was great about Poch and Koeman they didn't take the cups seriously enough and for everything negative about Puel he at least respected them.

Definitely Semedo (although didn't he move to Villarreal pre MP's appointment?) also think we lost Defrel to Roma. Can't imagine we'd have lost out on Chabolah to Watford (nor that MP was referring to them when he mentioned important clubs). Could possibly have lost Murphy to Newcastle as imagine they are paying more than we are and can offer guaranteed game time whereas he'd have to compete with Redmond/Tadic/Boufal here.

We didn't even appear to be in the race though, no mention of us at all. Les & Jock were still mulling over Puel at the time.

For all the flack Puel got last season (and rightly so in part) that Sheff Utd game remains the worst Saints performance, given the stakes, that I've seen since we were promoted back to the PL. For everything that was great about Poch and Koeman they didn't take the cups seriously enough and for everything negative about Puel he at least respected them.

Except the FA Cup.

manes first game was against arsenal in the cup - he won the penalty we equalised from and generally had a very good game (as did Targett incidentally) and was great up until the whole team packed it in for winter.

the Sheffield United game was the worst performance I've ever been in the stadium to see but mane didn't especially stand out over anyone else as being dreadful - the whole team was collectively shocking

Different thread no doubt, but trying to think of players who had god awful debuts but went on to be top players for us. I saw Pahars on his debut (think it was debut) at Coventry City and even though I was a nipper I thought he looked like he might be out of his depth.

its his home town team...

manes first game was against arsenal in the cup - he won the penalty we equalised from and generally had a very good game (as did Targett incidentally) and was great up until the whole team packed it in for winter.

the Sheffield United game was the worst performance I've ever been in the stadium to see but mane didn't especially stand out over anyone else as being dreadful - the whole team was collectively shocking

Exactly. He got assists in his first two matches and scored goals in his early games.

The whole team was **** against Sheff U

The people slagging Mane off were wrong and stupid.

Those people were idiots. I watched his first three games for us and it was obvious he was going to be class.

This. Said after just 2 games he was class and he proved me right.

To be fair i think only a handful did write him off... Another SWF myth and exaggeration in play.

To be fair i think only a handful did write him off... Another SWF myth and exaggeration in play.

You said nothing of the sort. You were on gardening leave during that period pal.

Looking forward to your prediction that the team is on the cusp of great things now that Puel has gone.

It wasn't, actually. He took time to start showing what he could do. Some on here had written him off after three or four games.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Arsenal Away, looked like Bambi on Ice but scared the **** out of their defence and won a penalty as I recall.

How was he for Marseille (bearing in mind you don't rate the French league)?

Well I try to avoid watching the OM but I don't remember him pulling up trees down there. He replaced Payet I think, wasn't up to scratch and the unruly element down at the Velodrome got on his case. Seem to remember him being far more defensive than Payet though. Could be that the OM were going through their very short lived Bielsa phase at the time and he was given a role that didn't suit him overmuch.

What a load of ********, his second game for us was away to Spurs where he missed an open goal and did nothing else all game.