Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I go to a few games here and there but the snobbery of people thinking they know about what happens because they went is funny because you'll have a better idea of how we played from watching it on TV as you'll have the benefits of replays for key decisions and a better view of the whole pitch, so people that watch online are probably the best opinions to listen to on how we played. :lol:

Swings and roundabouts tbf. Watching online/on TV you can't see the runs that are/aren't made off the ball...and sometimes you might miss something because the camera is pointing at a manager, or on a crowd shot, or showing a replay.

Confirmed that Dost has signed for Sporting...

That's annoying, think he would have been outstanding for us.

Getting down to nitty-gritty time. Let's get Bouffal over the line (although I wish we hadn't blown our wad on a player currently injured, having not had a pre-season and likely to bog-off for a while in January); then let's bring in either Berahinno or Ings; keep JRod here; and I would love us to bring in a DM better than Romeu (but I am sure that one is even less likely than bringing another striker in).

Getting down to nitty-gritty time. Let's get Bouffal over the line (although I wish we hadn't blown our wad on a player currently injured, having not had a pre-season and likely to bog-off for a while in January); then let's bring in either Berahinno or Ings; keep JRod here; and I would love us to bring in a DM better than Romeu (but I am sure that one is even less likely than bringing another striker in).

Too injured to play for us but a dead cert to play in AFCON. ;)

Too injured to play for us but a dead cert to play in AFCON. ;)

I said 'likely' to bog-off in January, not dead cert. However, I will explain it for you none the less.........

It is now August; already three games into the season. He hasn't played since May. From all reports I've read he will be ready to start training in about 3 weeks. How long after that until he is fit enough to start a match? How long after that will he be fit enough to complete 90 minutes? I don't know the answers to either, but a rough guess would be: fit enough to play some part mid-end October; fit enough to play a full 90, mid Nov. Fit enough to go to ACON in January? Yes.

Personally, I would have preferred us to buy our 'top' player way before the season started - and for him to be fit and available for all our matches. Still, I'm sure Bouffal will prove to be the best player we have ever signed and I will forever be shamed by this post.

Some people have said on twitter that Boufal had a medical today but failed it, due to have another tomorrow. Any truth behind this?

Sofiane #Boufal devrait passer une seconde visite médicale demain après des tests du genou non concluants

#SB7 #TeamBoufal

Knee tests inconclusive, second medical tomorrow.

I expect Les will be on the phone to Steaua just in case...

Edited by Katalinic

Sofiane #Boufal devrait passer une seconde visite médicale demain après des tests du genou non concluants

#SB7 #TeamBoufal

Stanciu all but signed up by Anderlecht, I believe.

#SB7 #TeamBoufal

Wonder if any of our bona fide ITKs could confirm or deny this? Could be a precaution to make sure we're spending a record sum wisely.

How many clubs would have been ready 2 years ago, after his injury, to pay 21 millions for JRod? We come across as real suckers for being ready to sign the walking wounded.

Is Spurs Ryan Mason still available?